Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best first artifact  (Read 2232 times)

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best first artifact
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 03:23:15 pm »

Cave fish bone pick, don't remember the name.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Brdn666

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerlord
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 03:38:18 pm »

Once, my miner/defense warrior got hurt. I needed a chain for a well and bam! A fey dwarf stole my workshop and all of my iron (my only metal from melting down armor). I was angry. So the fey dwarf created a iron chain, worth around 10,000 monies.
The only thing that's not afraid of a dragon is a marksdwarf.
Or maybe a mechanic, if given enough time to prepare.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 05:37:13 pm »

Once, my miner/defense warrior got hurt. I needed a chain for a well and bam! A fey dwarf stole my workshop and all of my iron (my only metal from melting down armor). I was angry. So the fey dwarf created a iron chain, worth around 10,000 monies.

Psst: Ropes and chains are the same for all intents and purposes. You coulda given the elfs some shiny rocks and gotten a rope.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Brdn666

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerlord
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 06:14:08 pm »

Psst: Ropes and chains are the same for all intents and purposes. You coulda given the elfs some shiny rocks and gotten a rope.

It was early winter. There was no wagons on the way. Also, I wasn't that afraid of my miner dying since he just drank (before he was hurt). I would have just melted down my miner's pick if I really needed to. He wasn't using it.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 02:41:37 am »

Well, now you've got one hell of a fancy well.

Hmmm, that brings to mind a question: has anyone ever built a well with an artifact chain and artifact bucket?

Drinking water from that would probably make dwarves vomit a projectile stream of pure happiness.

Brdn666

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerlord
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 05:02:02 pm »

I once created a Royal Bedroom with a arty bed, table, chair, and chest. The room was only 3x3 and had sand walls. My mayor loved it.

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 02:27:58 am »

Um... Aluminum Platemail. The mother of earths or something. I just couldnt get any of my guys to put it on. (Platemail was enabled) SO it wasnt all that useful. Worth a ton though. My most valuable artifact was the adamantine mechanism. Well over 1 million monies. There was this one time however, I setup in a serene area, and I didnt get a single fey mood. Just possessions for toys and dishware. Another strange area, all of my fey moods involved wood in one way or another and were always peasents. By the time I abandoned due to sheer boredom I had 5 legendary woodcrafters and no where near enough wood to last them. They could make about 1000 (masterwork)bolts(masterwork) in the time it took one inexperienced crafter to make a stack of 5 -bolts-. all I had to do was dump 40 units of wood in the craftshop, and un dump them and lock the crafter in. It was bizarre
GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 02:47:21 am »

Only champs may wear artifact items.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 07:21:04 am »

Also, Aluminium's got a terrible defence modifier, so (even with the massive quality modifier), it wouldn't be the best thing to wear. It should be a very classy dress armour, rather than a regrettable actual armour.
Pages: 1 [2]