Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best first artifact  (Read 2234 times)

Rollory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Best first artifact
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:15:55 pm »

11th Opal, midwinter of the first year.  I got 5 immigrants in late spring, 8 more in the fall, then one of the new smiths had an idea and asked for one iron bar and one piece of cloth.

Legendary weaponsmith, and this to put in the hands of my best warrior.  I do believe this fort is going places.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:23:56 pm by Rollory »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Best first artifact
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:20:32 pm »

Apparently, the wasp was an omen of burning dwarves. Not sure how.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 12:48:49 pm »

Typical drunks.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 12:51:12 pm by Dwarfu »

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 01:56:30 pm »

My first artifact in my first fortress ever was a gold puzzle box. It was decorated with gold, gold, and more gold.

I got quite a few migrants the next year.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 04:08:43 pm »

My first artifact in my first fortress ever was a gold puzzle box. It was decorated with gold, gold, and more gold.

I got quite a few migrants the next year.

Kivish: "Oi, Moldath, where're you off to now?"
Moldath: "Skunkbottoms."
Kivish: "That dump of an outpost? For the love of Armok, why?"
Moldath: "I heard they have a shiny box."
Kivish: "Oooh. =D"
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 10:22:09 pm »

Luk Tirdug: The Insight of Brutalizing: An Iron Right Gauntlet.  (with bands of iron).

Not only did the smith use workshop he was already in, he also used the metal he already had and was halfway through making into pants. Naturally, I gave it to my best wrestler, and pretended he was yelling "FALCON PUNCH!"
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 10:59:54 pm »

A pig tail "head veil" (what other kinds of veils are there anyway?  ???) with bands of leather and lots of other pig tail adornments etc.
called "The Merchant of Love".  :-*
Sometimes it's hard to believe that this stuff is random!

I was disappointed the weaver didn't use the silk cloth which I have literally tons of. I locked some cave spiders in a room where they make tons of webs for me heheh.
You live and learn then you die and forget it all

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 11:05:52 pm »

"Kingdomsrushed", a black bronze battle axe.

Encircled with lead (Even if you survive an encounter with this axe... you won't last too long afterwards) and adorned with a turtle bone image of the founding of the fort.

What's more awesome is that 1. The fort is in a Terrifying biome so most of the moods are possessions. 2. It was the first fey mood I've ever had with a weaponsmith and 3. it was the first fey mood in this fortress (Which lacks magma even though prospector claims it has it and is overrun with werewolves oh god... not as bad as skeletal carp though)
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 11:22:33 pm »

A pig tail "head veil" (what other kinds of veils are there anyway?  ???) ...

I don't think any other kinds in DF, but in RL there ARE other kinds  ;)
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 03:25:18 am »

GODAMMIT KOBOLDS.
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 08:25:21 am »

"Kingdomsrushed", a black bronze battle axe.

Encircled with lead (Even if you survive an encounter with this axe... you won't last too long afterwards) and adorned with a turtle bone image of the founding of the fort.

What's more awesome is that 1. The fort is in a Terrifying biome so most of the moods are possessions. 2. It was the first fey mood I've ever had with a weaponsmith and 3. it was the first fey mood in this fortress (Which lacks magma even though prospector claims it has it and is overrun with werewolves oh god... not as bad as skeletal carp though)

It isn't always visible from the surface. Try mining the crap outta wherever it said the magma would be, and mining on multiple Z levels.
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Zakastra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 09:04:09 am »

The very first artifact I got, ever. Was a golden platemail Encircled with bands of gold and menacing with spikes of gold It was worth around 360,000 if I recall correctly, and I had no idea how lucky I was at the time either *sniffles* sadly the fort didn't last long enough for someone to try it on.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 09:06:00 am »

It isn't always visible from the surface. Try mining the crap outta wherever it said the magma would be, and mining on multiple Z levels.

I did used reveal.exe on every corner of the map looking for the magma pool, and even regenerated the world to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, and it still wasn't there.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 10:18:09 am »

I did used reveal.exe on every corner of the map looking for the magma pool, and even regenerated the world to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, and it still wasn't there.

Huh.

Also, my latests fort first artifact:

RPharazon

• Bay Watcher
  • [SEVERONBREAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 10:34:48 am »

One of the best first artifacts that I have gotten in my [very] heavily modded DF is an Adamantine spear that was encircled, spiked, and ring-hanged with more adamantine, and an image of a dwarf burning in adamantine.

It was worth a couple million moneys, I believe.

Also in my latest fortress, a black bear leather low boot that was worshipped by the dwarves. All engravings in the fortress were of elves, humans, and dwarves burning, or of that low boot.
<Zaratustra> DF -is- a complex version of the sims
<Zaratustra> except instead of purchasing new sofas
<Zaratustra> you die
Pages: [1] 2