Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Torturing Children: How can I use a restraint?  (Read 6980 times)

Enigma_Nova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Torturing Children: How can I use a restraint?
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:15:11 pm »

A child in my base got a fey mood, and he has a sibling.
The result of the fey mood was a Bone chain worth 6000.

Here's what I want to do:
Build the bone chain in Mr. Fey's room as a restraint.
Somehow chain the sibling in Fey's room.
Lock the door and force the sibling to starve to death and decay, tied to his brother's chain.
Have Mr. Fey decorate his bed and the chain itself with the bones from his dead brother (as he is a bonecrafter).
Giggle as Mr. Fey admires own fine decorated chain/bed.

But, since children can't be assigned to chains, I need to know how to force one to tantrum. Any ideas?
Also, can engravings be savescummed in order to get one of a dwarf starving?
I figure assigning puppies to the sibling then executing them would work, but how can I assign a puppy to a specific dwarf?
This info would come in handy, especially if I can assign additional pets to Mr. Fey, slaughter them, and have Mr. Fey further decorate his chain/bed with bones from his dead pets.
Ooh, I know! I could tie the pet to the chain, and then drown the pet, while it's helplessly restrained! Then, whenever Mr. Fey goes to sleep, and walks by his chain decorated with dwarf, dog, cat, horse, mule, donkey, cow and camel bone, he will grasp it, stare unlovingly at the ceiling and scream "WHAT HAVE THESE CARELESS HANDS WROUGHT? ... AND GOD DAMN THIS IS ONE PIMPED-OUT CHAIN! WHY MUST I BE ECSTATIC OVER THE DEATH CAUSED BY MY OWN CREATION?! WHYYyyyyyyyyyy"

And yes, being Chaotic Neutral is god damn awesome. ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:29:01 pm by Enigma_Nova »

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Torturing Children: How can I use a restraint?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:42:34 pm »

I think this counts as chaotic evil.
Anyway, lock the child in a room and with enough a large food stockpile but no alcohol or beds, which should work eventually force a tantrum.
And you can't assign pets, only work dogs. As children can't work, you can only make pets availiable and hope either of the two like dogs (if they don't, no dice).

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:54:22 pm »

That's... that's a bit too much to be Chaotic Evil. You're being actively maleficent with no regards to law or structure. That's pretty much the definition of Chaotic Evil.

Enigma_Nova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:59:38 pm »

Mr. Fey likes "Cats for their aloofness". His sibling likes "Cats for their aloofness". Unfortunately, my brewer also likes "Cats for their aloofness" and has claimed all but 4 of the fortress's cats. The brewer is currently unhappy due to loss of pets.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:03:12 pm by Enigma_Nova »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:09:48 pm »

Lemmie guess: You're gonna drop the entire cat population of the fortress(And their owners) twenty z-levels on top of the moody and his sibling?

This is beyond Chaotic Evil. This is Dranged Malignant. Even dieties of madness have problems with this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Enigma_Nova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 08:22:47 pm »

Well, I was actually just planning to keep my brewer away from any new kittens, then use a 1-level retracting bridge + meeting area + pit/pond to get the sibling into a pit of kittens, and wait until he adopts some.

But you have given me an excellent idea: The catbomb! I can kill the sibling by making him collide with ... HIS OWN PETS! I'll build a second kittenpit high above the ground, and give it a retracting-bridge floor. After making the sibling tantrum, I'll restrain him with the chain, and make Mr. Fey watch as 30 kittens come tumbling out of the sky on top of his sibling's head, resulting in a splatty death.
Guess I'm punching a skylight in Mr Fey's bedroom. Might as well designate it as a refuse stockpile for dead cats.

For now, I've got a closet with most of my pets, sibling's trapped inside, and I'm dumping in cats and food/waterbuckets.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:30:37 pm by Enigma_Nova »

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 08:44:48 pm »

You, sir, are truly evil! I now have a new idol!

unfortunately, I kill off any kids I get right away. Same with immigrants, unless they're useful, so I haven't been able to try anything like this.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Enigma_Nova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 08:47:01 pm »

unfortunately, I kill off any kids I get right away.
That was my plan too, but the little bugger had a fey mood before he even made it to my entrance tunnel.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 10:25:24 pm »

Oh my god you delightful monster i love and hate you.
Good lord, this is quite possibly the most evil thing i've ever even heard of.

Wait;
Can somebody mod in Vampire Walruses?
If no one else takes the initiative I will.
They could rival Elephants, nay, surpass them!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:27:35 pm by PoonHat »
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 12:43:48 am »

Well, I was actually just planning to keep my brewer away from any new kittens, then use a 1-level retracting bridge + meeting area + pit/pond to get the sibling into a pit of kittens, and wait until he adopts some.

But you have given me an excellent idea: The catbomb! I can kill the sibling by making him collide with ... HIS OWN PETS! I'll build a second kittenpit high above the ground, and give it a retracting-bridge floor. After making the sibling tantrum, I'll restrain him with the chain, and make Mr. Fey watch as 30 kittens come tumbling out of the sky on top of his sibling's head, resulting in a splatty death.
Guess I'm punching a skylight in Mr Fey's bedroom. Might as well designate it as a refuse stockpile for dead cats.

For now, I've got a closet with most of my pets, sibling's trapped inside, and I'm dumping in cats and food/waterbuckets.

You sir are a strange and demented person who needs serious help. But by Armok I'm not going to be the one to give it to you.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 01:20:02 am »

Christes likes Enigma_Nova for his corrupt intentions

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 02:41:44 am »

I applaud you sir, for your evil magnificence, misanthropic ingenuity, and expolitation of game mechanics.

However, there is one hitch.  If I understand your plan, it is to kill the sibling by dropping his cats on him?  This unfortunately is not an option.  DF creatures will miraculously and automatically catch any other creature falling upon them - if one falling critter lands on another, both will emerge unharmed.  So not only will the sibling survive, but so will cats directly above him.

That said, as far as I know, I've never actually seen flying bodyparts impact a creature.  If they work anything like thrown objects, your kittenbomb shrapnel should be quite deadly.  Let us know how it turns out.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Enigma_Nova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 06:47:23 am »

Ah, thanks for the info. Starving to death tied to the chain it is.
apparently I can make the sibling tantrum by having him witness death, killing off his pets, starving him, dumping rotting stuff (miasma) on top of him, and dropping crappy 1-wall caveins next to him.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 12:31:40 pm »

Stick the child in the room. Put a captured goblin on the chain, preferably using a dwarf you can afford to lose. Have him bug the hell out of there, and the gobbo should murder the child. Then bring in a military squad to kill the gobbo. THEN decorate Mr. Fey's bed with the child's AND the gobbo's bones.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Angellus

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 02:13:52 am »

Haha, I wonder how much the CIA and FBI looked upon this page ^^
Pages: [1] 2 3