Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rabid Horses  (Read 506 times)

BlondRobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rabid Horses
« on: August 10, 2006, 10:52:00 pm »

I just had a promising and worthwhile fortress ruined by the sudden insanity of my pack animals. I had brought enough stuff with me to merit a second wagon, and had two horses and two mules. Everything was going normally until mid-late summer, when a bunch of "Interrupted by Combat" messages suddenly appeared- I figured it was the fox on the other side of the river who was constantly harassing my dwarves who went to fish/drink/etc, only to move over to the gate and see that the pack animals had gone insane and started killing my dwarves. I lost three dwarves (both my miners) to them, and several others were wounded and probably would have died. Is this a bug, or do the dwarves use only insane pack animals for new fortresses?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Rabid Horses
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 11:07:00 pm »

Was this in the first (0.21.93.19a) release?  If so, it could be a manifestation of the civil war bug.  If it was in the new one, then...  something else.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

BlondRobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rabid Horses
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 11:09:00 pm »

Yeah, it was in the first version; I didn't see anything directly related so I figured I'd mention it. Good to see it's probably fixed... I liked that fortress.