Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adventure Mode -- Town Integration  (Read 2766 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode -- Town Integration
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 07:44:33 pm »

If Toady made Fable, it would be game of the millenium.

Heck, it'd just be Game.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 09:02:28 pm »

"If Toady made Fable, it would be game of the millenium"

Id hate to break it to you... but unless Toady secretly keeps million dollar bills in his shoes... I don't think this is exactly true.

Lets be realistic here... Afterall it takes more then good ideas to make a game or else Black and White 2 would be Lionhead's best game. However as B&W2 has shown us it takes Money, A great team, and most importantly Luck.

Toady is someone who mostly works Solo in programming, does little to no Art work in his games, and works with a rather small budget.

You can blame Peter for Fable in how he overhyped it... however he is innocent when it comes to Black and White 2, everything that could have gone wrong during production did, and he ended up paying for it. (To sum up... Half-way through the game he had to restart production... and he ended up running out of money).

Back to the subject at hand

I like the idea of "Retire as"... While I do agree there shouldn't be too much control as it would be neat to read that your "Retire as Peasant" ended up eventually becoming king or took control over the Worship of a Hydra in which he ended up slaying it and claiming himself a god.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 09:09:01 pm »

Or, even better, turning the local evil demon into a lovable kitten.

Hey, demons are much better than kittens.  They don't breed, don't stink up your halls with vermin, and don't adopt dwarves.  Why would you want to do that?

The reverse... is promising.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 09:10:08 pm »

I really hope transformation eventually comes into play! yay :D

perilisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 09:28:18 pm »

Me, I hope for an "end" aside from retirement or death -- say, you find HFS under the town you're questing for, and ending up shoving a rock in your head, after which your adventurer is possessed and makes life interesting for future adventurers and several other towns.

Basically, this is one of the few games where you don't have to worry about "breaking" things by making the hero susceptible to mind control or getting infected with zombie plague or being polymorphed into a bug or whatever.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 09:32:07 pm »

What about the ability to Semi-retire him where he very little in the world and you can jump in and play him at any point.

I actually think this is what currently happens.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 10:19:37 pm »

Yeah, you can retire him at any time and retake control of him later.  This also gives you a map of the town you're in, so you can use it to quickly find shops without running all over town searching.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 10:40:12 pm »

It is times like these that I kinda want to hit my head on a board of wood... because I realise that the bulk of good suggestions would only be capable of being done 2-4 years into the future
Pages: 1 [2]