Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best Wounds  (Read 3504 times)

Luckymoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Best Wounds
« on: July 01, 2008, 07:10:48 pm »

I want to hear about/ see pictures of the best wounds your dwarfs have lived through. Like no eyes or lost legs.

Zenatrul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best Wounds
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 07:32:11 pm »

Arrow through the head, it badly gashed the ear, poked out both the eyes, cut the neck and also cut the nose.

After that arrow I cut off the archers right hand, then both his legs, then cleaved him down the middle if I remember correctly.

It was awesome, but I was blind and had an arrow stuck in.
Shortly after that I took an arrow to the chest and it pierced the heart and both lungs and died before I could kill that archer.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 07:39:44 pm »

Both hands mangled. Now if I had that adventurer travel it would heal, but I choose not to. I instead started to bite the goblin fortress to death.

Thats BETTER than an axe.

I hear if this happens to the Hammerer, your fortress turns into a very unhappy place indeed.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:04:28 pm »

No idea what my 'best' wounds would be...but when I saw this I instantly thought of an old video I saw in the archive: http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-24
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Luckymoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 08:07:16 pm »

Yeah I was referring to fortress mode exclusively. I have a pig with only one eye and it passes out regularly at my current fort.

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 08:25:22 pm »

Hmmm, best wounds eh? I once had a metalsmith with a broken leg go into a fey mood. 85% of the materials she gathered were at the bottom of my fortress, 5z levels down and halfway across the map from the forge. Hoo-boy did that take a while.

Best wound I ever heard of was a bugged crocodile somebody bought from the elves. Every single organ and limb was missing. EVERY ONE. I picture it as sort of a crocodile shaped hole in the universe.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Luckymoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 08:34:07 pm »

I just noticed something odd, or maybe it's a feature. Two of my sparring wrestlers have minor neck and brain wounds and are both unhappy. Could this be caused by the wounds?

My fortress mascot.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 08:37:25 pm »

Not a spectacular wound, but the way it happened was awesome.  I tried the Primative Dwarf challenge, seven peasents with no supplies.  Everyone went to the river to drink, since apparently dwarves would rather risk life and limb than guzzle water from a stagnant pond.

Before long the inevitable happened and a brave dwarf was attacked by a sea lamprey.  It latched onto his face, drug him into the water, and sucked his left eye out of his head.  Mister Badass then wrestled the lamprey to death in the river (I made everyone swimmers at embark for just this occasion) and climbed out.  Idiot was on the wrong bank though, and had to start a new colony of one.

Also had a legendary miner go all Wile E Coyote on me and cut loose the ledge he was on, sending himself 5-levels down.  He broke all four limbs and his head.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Luckymoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 10:45:47 pm »

Just trapped a fish cleaner and her baby in a room with 2 goblins with weapons and the mother ripped them into pieces before I used spike floor traps to kill her. I have never seen a single dwarf take 17 spikings before suffocating.

Lormax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 01:47:40 am »

Not a spectacular wound, but the way it happened was awesome.  I tried the Primative Dwarf challenge, seven peasents with no supplies.  Everyone went to the river to drink, since apparently dwarves would rather risk life and limb than guzzle water from a stagnant pond.

How do you even start then?  No pick means you can't dig anything

bigmcstrongmuscle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 02:08:49 am »

Plant Gathering or barehanded Hunting and drinking water, pretty much. You could get a decent start with just an axe, but it takes a long time - like five trees before you have a 1x1 bedroom, and eight more before you can give it walls.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 02:11:07 am »

How do you even start then?  No pick means you can't dig anything

That's the whole point.  Build a surviving settlement on the ground under the stars with nothing but two pack animals and the three logs from the wagon (just enough to build a trade depot, another bit of excellent Toad thinking).  Then you hope either the traders show up with a pick you can afford, or for some reason only Armok knows some migrants arrive with a miner.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 02:35:28 am »

Well I decided to take my legendary swordsman and attack an elven retreat, only to be hit in the head with an arrow and this is what the log said.

The flying Maple arrow strikes You in the head!
It is badly pierced!
Your right eye has been poked out!
Your right ear has been pierced!
Your throat has been poked out!

That arrow would of had to of entered from an odd angle. I managed to make it out of there and back to the goblin fortress and die before the family of a goblin drunk I had taken with me...He too did not live...Strangled by the druid. They were all massed together in a horde and I killed 37 out of around 50.
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 02:47:32 am »

Both hands mangled. Now if I had that adventurer travel it would heal, but I choose not to. I instead started to bite the goblin fortress to death.

Thats BETTER than an axe.

I hear if this happens to the Hammerer, your fortress turns into a very unhappy place indeed.

Yeah... doesn't he start biting chunks out of dwarves and walk around with the chunks in his mouth indefinitely?

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 04:07:10 am »

That archer gotta be one of the funniest DF things i've seen till now. Thanks for the awesome link.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.
Pages: [1] 2