Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your Civilization and Group images, to be sketched  (Read 2170 times)

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Your Civilization and Group images, to be sketched
« on: July 01, 2008, 11:28:08 am »

So, i've seen the artifacts sketched thread and it made me itch to draw some dwarf fortress related stuff. So i figured i would do renditions of any civ or group images you guys would like to share. Those would be the pictures on coins and stuff, the ones which you can look at in adventure mode and see that the rendition of an image of a frog demon is the symbol of the Peaceful CatThrowers.

So, if any of you have any old worlds you with civs or groups you are really proud of or which could be potentially awesome, please do share. Things like three triangles have good potential too.

Now, i won't be coloring anything and it'll all just be raw sketches. Plus i don't have any examples to show as of yet. Plus my current access to a scanner is somewhat questionable, but i'll have pretty much constant access to a reliable scanner in about two weeks.

So, any takers?
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Baney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.efrgames.com
Re: Your Civilization and Group images, to be sketched
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:50:37 am »

Sure, what do you need?

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 12:35:37 pm »

The dwarf is surrounded by dwarves, which are surrounded by dwarves, which are...

Hm... Well, my against-all-odds fort of survival used 'Thick Crosses' or somesuch... Dunno what you could do with that.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 12:53:47 pm »

In my longest running fort (1062, just got the Queen) the group image is of goblets and the civ image is of two Tower-caps.  I like that for a civ image, seems nice and dwarfy.  The civ image is called "The Wall of Gills" and the goblets are called "The Submerged Rare Shade of Galleys."
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 04:57:51 pm »

"The Golden Matches," a rendition of Elks. Can't remember whether it was Civ or Fortress, though.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 06:24:38 pm »

Hah.  My dwarves are perverts:
Image of a nude female.

Umiman's engravings mod affects civ images.
Have fun with that one.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 07:02:37 pm »

I've got two pairs of symbols you can feel free to mix/match at will. Both fortresses' founders are named The Lovely Gloves, and the civilizations are The Spotted Wires and The Merchants of Wind. (in my own silly little mind, I've determined that TLG was a larger group than just what was sent to my first fortress, which met delicious frog-demon death, and were kicked out by TSW and taken in by TMoW, 'cause the latter are adamantine-hungry bastards. Now TLG has a new outpost, and it's coming along much better than the original).

Anyway, my 'original' fortress was Thakavuz (Lockmine, how appropriate considering how it went out), and the symbols were a trumpet for The Spotted Wires and a Spirit of Fire for The Lovely Gloves. This was pretty hard to find out, as I had to sneak past a bunch of frog demons and got assaulted and murderlated by a Spirit of Fire outside the fort as I was making good my escape. Stupid demons.

My new fortress whose name escapes me at the moment has these two (have a second folder I intend to adventure in as I make more engravings.)

I personally like the chain, but the two ballista arrowheads pales in comparison to a spirit of fire. You can feel free to mix and match as you wish, whatever strikes your fancy or seems the coolest to you  I suppose. A chained spirit of fire would be an interesting one, though...

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 09:53:37 pm »

As i feared, i can't use the scanner here. No matter, just have to wait until i get back to the states.

Do keep posting your civ and group images though.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 07:56:45 am »

I had a fort where my group of dwarves were called Everhammer the Beloved Harmonious Rabble-Executioner of Justice.  Their symbol was a cage.  They belonged to the civilization The Heated Tomes, which had a symbol of two alligators.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 09:25:40 pm »

One of my favourites was the fort that had the symbol "The Coiled Reverences of Rope", an image of hidden moons.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 10:58:01 pm »

As i feared, i can't use the scanner here. No matter, just have to wait until i get back to the states.

You could always take a picture of your artwork with a digital camera. It's especially easy if you have a tripod.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 03:04:52 am »

I have a nice image for you. The logo of the dwarf civilization "Tool of Martyrs", a coffin. It's so true.

P.S. The engraving that kept hammering this to my brains in Blanketmine was called "The Faithful Crazy Book"

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 08:24:56 am »

You could always take a picture of your artwork with a digital camera. It's especially easy if you have a tripod.

I considered that, but i'll just wait since i need to do a little bit of GIMP editing on one of them.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 05:16:58 am »

Ok, i'm back and have access to a really reliable scanner. I'll deal with this in the morning.  ;)

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 09:45:00 pm »

Okay, a triple post (over a span of days), but it's my experience that art excuses all multiple posting incidents.  :P

So,

(Unnamed), Image of Thick Crosses:

The Wall of Gills, Image of two Tower-caps:

The Submerged Rare Shade of Galleys, Image of Goblets:

The Golden Matches, Image of Elks (sic)

i'll work on the rest when i have some time.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:47:19 pm by Neoskel »

Pages: [1] 2