Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Time to kill! Kill all the pretty humans!  (Read 2780 times)

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Time to kill! Kill all the pretty humans!
« on: July 01, 2008, 08:00:01 am »

Okay, got bored because I'm trapped at my grandparent's house with nothing to do. Don't want to work on my older forts now(I have DF on an external drive I brought with me) so instead I'm working on a new project: Making a fort in a human town and getting goblins to wipe out the town. So far I've found out a few interesting things about starting in a human town.

1) You don't need to bring any food, just set designation to claim and take all THEIR food.

2)You want a nice dining room, take their huts and use them as dining rooms.

3) All their buildings are belong to us!

So what I plan to do is, take all their food, take all their houses, take all their everything I feel like, and bring it into my undergroud fort. Destroy the stairs, put a wall where the stairs used to be, make as much as I can and wait for goblins. Thoughts? Anyone do anything similiar here?
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
Re: Time to kill! Kill all the pretty humans!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 08:33:05 am »

Sounds like a good idea, you can pilfer their gaurds armour when they die defending your fort. Also, embark in the capital to get the epic keep!

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:02:39 am »

Ooh, I've got to try embarking in a capital at some point...

I embarked in a human town a few times... it made the game even easier than free adamantine...
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:06:31 am »

I'm going to go try that now.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 06:13:38 pm »

I'm now having to restart the project because something went wrong with the sand collection and stuff.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.

Brdn666

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerlord
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 06:20:29 pm »

The only problem I can see is that you may have to wait through a few sieges. The humans are pretty tough and It may take more than 10 pissed off gobbos to destroy armored, armed and tall humans. Good luck!!
The only thing that's not afraid of a dragon is a marksdwarf.
Or maybe a mechanic, if given enough time to prepare.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 06:35:39 pm »

Well, if I pump out enough wealth they'll come pretty fucking fast from my understanding. So, I'm using CoM to get a legendary in each field in the startup, and a bunch of rose gold, platinum, steel, and so forth so I can get dwarf bucks fast.

Zenatrul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 07:29:43 pm »

I'll mention something from my previous forts in a human towns.
Bring horses, lots of them. Humans will hunt the horses and try to kill them and then will be horribly mangled in the process or die. I have watched many humans die to the horses and also many horses die.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 09:59:55 pm »

I'll mention something from my previous forts in a human towns.
Bring horses, lots of them. Humans will hunt the horses and try to kill them and then will be horribly mangled in the process or die. I have watched many humans die to the horses and also many horses die.

WILD horses. You saw them fight WILD horses. Any 'civilized' race (cept elves of course) will attack and fight any wild animals they see in or near their town/fortress/whatever. I once found a dwarf mayor outside wrestling goats, and modded Saurians chased a nigh invulnerable dinosaur around their city until they died.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 10:05:45 pm »

Two things here.

1) The above is true, its wild animals. And I *JUST*(Quite literally posting right after I saw this, game still going) saw these two kids chasing around a groundhog to beat it to death. HUMAN kids mind you.

2) I've got a problem, aquifier before any stone.

Luckymoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 10:35:11 pm »

Make the entire map a huge spiked floor trap and have one lever. Pull on repeat.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 10:42:40 pm »

Yeah, but then I don't get to watch all the humans get killed by the goblins. Also, currently in the capital, human pikemaster runs the kingdom.

Benitosimies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 10:53:15 pm »

Then what do you do with the goblins?

Please post videos.
Something really needs to be done about ice. At the moment it's like some kind of Pitch Black threat where everyone dies at sunset. Feel free to substitute that film reference with one without Vin Diesel.
--Skizelo

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 10:57:34 pm »

Well, I'm nowhere near the point where the goblins are here, I'm not even a year in, I'm trying to get my created/owned wealth up now though. I WILL try to remember to take a vid, and if someone could tell me how to put them up I'll post them if anyone wants.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 01:38:13 am »

Here's what you do...

First, mod the [BABYSNATCHER] out of goblins.  Sieges all the time, baby!

Second, set up shop in the human capitol and move everything inside the big keep ASAP.

Third, make yourself comfortable by tearing up part of the floor and planting aboveground crops there (or, dig underground and set up underground crops). 

Finally, build a drawbridge outside the doors and wait for all the squatters to get out.  Once they're out of the keep and into dangerous territory, pull up the drawbridge and watch the show.
Pages: [1] 2