Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Guard has been arrested for beating a criminal.  (Read 2783 times)

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guard has been arrested for beating a criminal.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 03:30:09 pm »

I'm no good DF player yet so i just avoid the justice system alltogether wich is kinda strange, hope Toady makes a) unpunished crime more detrimental to your fort (like some sort of crime infestation, in the end dwarfs simply aren't motivated to be lawfull anymore cause there isn't anything motivating them) and b) a justice system less detrimental to your fortress (unless you choose some SOB as your sheriff and such, wich also means choices like that should have even more impact on the rest).
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 05:15:03 pm »

Personality should definitely have an impact on how good a sherrif or whoever is at his job. A dwarf that is "dedicated to duty" and is "slow to anger" would make a much better sherriff than a total hardass.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 04:58:00 am »

Personality should definitely have an impact on how good a sherrif or whoever is at his job. A dwarf that is "dedicated to duty" and is "slow to anger" would make a much better sherriff than a total hardass.

That depends entirely on how you want to see dwarves punished.

I'm all for the punch -> cage -> magma pit school of rehabilitation... or would that be dehabilitation?

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 04:45:02 pm »

That depends entirely on how you want to see dwarves punished.

I'm all for the punch -> cage -> magma pit school of rehabilitation... or would that be dehabilitation?

Sounds like you take your definition of 'rehabilitation' from Idiocracy.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.
Pages: 1 [2]