Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Prisoner execution devices  (Read 4702 times)

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
Prisoner execution devices
« on: June 29, 2008, 12:01:28 pm »

I've been using the same method of killing off my captured goblins for ages now (by means of a room in which I put my goblins in a cage, release by means of lever, fill room with water, drain room) and wondered if anybody had used slighty more interesting/ingenious ways of doing so!

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoner execution devices
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 12:05:15 pm »

I just throw everything into my well cistern/moat. I don't think the dwarves mind if the same water they're drinking is used as a moat and a corpse/live rheus macrue/goblin toliet.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 03:59:24 pm »

Target practice.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Luckymoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 06:02:34 pm »

Room full of spike traps moving up and down (wooden ones) followed by a room with a champion wrestler, followed by a cage trap.

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Internet User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 06:17:17 pm »

I use this arena to train my spearmaster with a brown wound to the lower spine. The nearby lever that gets connected to the various goblin cages has to be deconstructed every now and then to reclaim mechanisms, but other than that it works well.

Brdn666

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerlord
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 06:28:32 pm »

I like having a super death drop, maybe into a pit of starving wolves. All you have to do is lock the pow's in a room with a retracting bridge for a floor. The bridge is over a deep channel with the bottom floor having anything you want. My choice is a pit of wolves (or equally hungry pets). The fall should be around 4-6 if want the pows the survive the fall but not be able to kill any animals. If you want just a fall, make the fall as deep as possible.

BBBBB   Lvl 2    HHHHH   Lvl 1
BBBBB             HHHHH   (above bridge. This allows you to just drop the pows with worrying about         
BBBBB             HHHHH   them attacking you when you bring them in the bridge room)
BBBBB             HHHHH
BBBBB             HHHHH

HHHHH   Lvl 3 (add more of these levels to increase the fall)
HHHHH   
HHHHH     X 
HHHHH
HHHHH
                               Key: H=no floor (channel), D=door, "= hallway, X=up down stairway,                                      B=retracting bridge

PPPPP   Lvl 4
PPPPP
PPPPP""D""U   (the doors and stairways allow to extract various good and take care of the animals
PPPPP
PPPPP
The only thing that's not afraid of a dragon is a marksdwarf.
Or maybe a mechanic, if given enough time to prepare.

Benitosimies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 11:24:16 pm »

There's always a chamber of spike traps hooked up to one lever, with the application of Pull Lever/R.

You separate it from your main corridors with a drawbridge, build the cage in the middle of the room, raise the bridge, release the creature, pull the death levers when it walks over a spike.

I had to do this with hippos; if I put them in my target practice room the military won't shoot them. My dwarves didn't consider hippos to be dangerous until one bit their legs off. Then *only* that hippo was a menace.

And I couldn't throw them down a pit because iirc hippos just get loose and start attacking if you haul them around.

Other methods of execution:

releasing them in a room full of serrated disk traps
collapsing part of the cavern onto their cage
catapult corridor (make sure your siege engineer is far enough away and the creature is sealed behind fortifications or a moat)
throwing the goblin off a tower you built (perhaps my favorite. bonus points if it's into a magma pipe to appease the magma man at the bottom)
slowly, through alcoholism
Something really needs to be done about ice. At the moment it's like some kind of Pitch Black threat where everyone dies at sunset. Feel free to substitute that film reference with one without Vin Diesel.
--Skizelo

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 11:26:04 pm »

MaxVance: it's easier to just pit the goblins onto a ramp. Build all of your goblin-containing cages nearby, then designate the goblins to be pitted. Very straightforward and you don't have to mess with levers and mechanisms.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 12:13:21 am »

DF Companion -> Mark For Slaughter. Build a Wooden platform with a butcher's shop on top as an execution block. Use Dwarf Foreman to set the hammerer to butcher. Voila! Executions.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 05:28:51 am »

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-2977-squashshoot

Sacrifice them!!! Look at the bootom of the temple. The drop is high enough to cripple them, so, that they eventually die of blood loss, leaving huge pools and trails of blood. Of cource, you need an emergency squad nearby.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 07:04:55 am »

An arena, with a multitude of semi-/pseudo-randomly paced pressure plates, floodgates, spikes, floor hatches that open up to pits or a squirt of water. Then you can use DF Companion to make one goblin friendly and leave the other an enemy. Make it possible to make compartments and flood each one of them. When one's flooded, open the floodgates and watch as they struggle when the flow hits them.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 10:05:02 am »

can you still crush things with draw bridges?
keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

Flame11235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 12:14:14 pm »

I just dump the cage in magma. It's not very original, but whatever. Once, I told a dwarf to pit a goblin. That was a bad, bad mistake.

Baneslave

• Bay Watcher
  • Claymore Thrower Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 01:39:17 pm »

can you still crush things with draw bridges?

Yes, you can crust anything but megabeasts and demons.
[BUTCHERABLE_SIGNATURE]

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 02:17:44 am »

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreiciated
Pages: [1] 2