Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ngusumstatusnung -- These diamonds are problematic.  (Read 1344 times)

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
Ngusumstatusnung -- These diamonds are problematic.
« on: June 28, 2008, 03:11:56 pm »

The war seemed to be going well...  For Clan Strogagun, as it were.  With things as they were for Our Glory, Tarngogngo, the Source ordered a small party be sent to build a stronghold in secret, one that might unleash all the fury of our thousand ancestors upon the Strogagunaagh worms!  Only seven volunteers were initially accepted, among them myself.  We're supposed to prioritize weapon smithing and traps, and we also need to build up a hearty wine cellar and crop system that can run independent of outside water sources in the case of a siege.  For Tarngogngo!
---------------

This is what should be a pretty standard succession game, except for the fact that it uses significantly modded raw files.  Oh, and we're a non-evil race of goblins.  If you want to read more about them, check here for the Gomatüg and Orgha.  I couldn't figure out how to get the ü to show up correctly in Dwarf Fortress though, so that letters missing from things where it would otherwise be present. >_>

Ngusumstatusnung is the group's name, by the way.  It's Goblin for the Problematic Diamonds, the only Firefly reference I know, and would honestly look really cool.  The outpost is Usluksodor, a rather generic name meaning Earthendeep.  Expect a wavering boundary on what's serious and what'll be addressed comically.  If no one wants to play a community fort I guess it'll just end up a story, or dead.  Should be one game year for each player.
---------------

1st Granite, 1051.
After many days of agonizing inactivity, and some difficulty in getting the camels to cooperate and the giant forest hogs occasional wandering off into the woods to root around for extra meals, we've finally arrived.  Apparently, the majority of the mountain is a bunch of... Salt.  This should prove profitable, but I worry about the defensive capacity...

??? Granite.
Since this place is fairly flat, we've had to tunnel downbefore we did anything else, and it wasn't long before we ended up with our first cave-in as a result of either the miners' stupidity, or poor architectural planning on my part.  Since everyone's well enough to work, there's no real reason to investigate...  No reason at all...

11 Slate.
Dug out and constructed a small trading outpost, next up is the work on bedrooms and workshops.

13th Slate.

Started on a sort of 'tower' structure, just a circular room extending up and down a few levels, should become a primary shaft around which the rest of the fortress extends, as well as a secondary choke point to keep out unwelcome gits.  Also begun a half of a warehouse so we can get those lazy bastards hanging around the rubble of the wagon to work again.  There's a frak-ton of magnetite in this mountain too, so we should be able to get just as many weapons }:]

1st Hematite.
Ugh.  We've only just started, and summer is already upon us.  I've made a point of getting the farms up as quickly as possible now, then maybe we can get to work finding the cave river that the diviners insisted was here.

11th Hematite.
Son of a bitch.  The traders have arrived, and we haven't got a damn thing that we can offer them yet.  I suppose it won't be too much of a problem, if we can just get the drawbridge built up before anything particularly nasty shows up.

18th Galena.
Things have been going rather well, although most of the people are getting hungry, so I've decided to take advantage of our amazing knowledge of the process of turning booze into a filling meal.  On an added note, I don't know what the fuck his deal is, but the liason from our mountainhomes didn't leave with the rest of the merchants.  Even creepier, the git's been stalking me for the past week or so...  I need to construct some death chambers, pronto.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:20:21 pm by Nonanonymous »

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
Re: Ngusumstatusnung -- These diamonds are problematic.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:22:41 pm »

Bump.

C'mon, someone else's got to be interested in this thing!

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:12:03 pm »

Needs moar update.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 07:37:46 pm »

Meh, the new update just happened and I'd already lost interest in this because I thought no one else was interested.