Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Increasing Difficulty  (Read 966 times)

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Increasing Difficulty
« on: June 24, 2008, 07:59:17 pm »

I've:

-removed the baby-snatcher tag from the goblins so what would have been a snatching is a full invasion force (entity_default.txt)

-lowered the time till the first invasion down to about 2 sleep cycles (entity_default.txt)
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]

-Upped the frequency and genpower of dangerous animals, as well as increased the size of the packs they come in.

How do I make humans and elves siege like Goblins? Without having to anger them first?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Increasing Difficulty
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:17:29 pm »

Here's annother idea for increasing difficulty: make all plants growable only in spring and summer, and you only get one crop a season.

Bwahaha.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Surma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:07:37 pm »

possibly by replacing [ENTITY_GROUPING:FRIENDLY] with [ENTITY_GROUPING:EVIL] in entity_default.txt

oh and you will probably need to add [SIEGER] to the elves.

let us know how that works out.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:59:18 pm »

Without [SIEGER] in the elves' file, nothing yet. With the [ENTITY_GROUPING:EVIL], embarking on top of an elven city leads a massacre... so they do attack. Only the goblins have sent sieges so far, and within a single sleep cycle of starting, so I guess the elves need it too.

Oddly with [ENTITY_GROUPING:EVIL], neighbor screen at embark only shows dwarves and the nearest evil entity, whether it be modded elves/humans or the goblins. Putting [ENTITY_GROUPING:EVIL] in the dwarves actually makes the goblins friendly to dwarves.

Embarked with 50 stone. Built a wall around my wagon 1st thing. Got a farm up 2nd. Siege came while everyone was safe asleep. Goblins killed all my animals that were walled out, but oddly leave the local wildlife alone. No caravans from humans or elves. Dwarven caravan didn't last long. Goblins somehow never eat nor sleep or drink. Even more arrive. About 3 groups of 40 goblins outside while my dwarves live happily in a sealed hole. Found the edge of the demon pit. Walled it off immediately. I'm tempted to slip a miner out while the goblins are occupied dispatching immigrants for me, and open up the demon pit to the outside while I'm still walled in. Will the demons take care of the goblins or leave them alone?

I'm going to add [sieger] to the elves and humans next and see what happens. Can I adjust the size of a siege force in the raws?

Surma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 10:07:11 pm »

Humans should already have the [SIEGER] tag, but you may only get one [EVIL] civ at a time, I'm not sure..

As for the siege size, nothing pops out at me in the entity raw... I apologize for being so useless :(

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 10:35:03 pm »

Looks like I can give them better equipment to siege with in the raws. Although that's a win-win, as then I get nicer stuff from them.

Gems! Bring gems for good luck! And steel bars! And coal! Bring wood for the hell of it! :D

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 08:54:51 pm »

Humans should already have the [SIEGER] tag, but you may only get one [EVIL] civ at a time, I'm not sure...
Indeed.  Right now, you can only be in contact with one enemy civilization.  You can also be next to a Nuisance; try giving Elves or Humans that affiliation.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.