Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interesting/noteworthy/etc. things your dwarves have done  (Read 1064 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Interesting/noteworthy/etc. things your dwarves have done
« on: June 23, 2008, 02:51:31 pm »

So, I started a new fort recently and set up a catch-all stockpile to bring the stuff inside as soon as possible.  The first thing the dwarves decided to grab was the anvil.  I have a feeling I know what they want to be doing.   :)

What every-day-type things have your dwarves done that are noteworthy or interesting, depending on the circumstances?
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting/noteworthy/etc. things your dwarves have done
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:04:38 am »

Umm...   I had a mason back in the 2D version that went around splattering deer with an artifact floodgate...   He was my Elite Floodgate Squad.

Another mason looked promising, but ended up making a stone chest instead.  He managed to disassemble a kobold into its component parts with that thing, though...  I never did find all the pieces.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 02:56:46 am »

Oh, I so wish dwarves would carry around their artifacts. :( I never had a chance to know such joys.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 03:00:05 am »

wel ive had a normal non millitary dwarf getting pissed off at the incoming siege
and single handedly kill every single one of them.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 07:24:55 am »

Great. Now I want to make adamantine floodgates, abandon my fort and throw them at people in adventure mode. Thanks. :P

Dwarves who had their food supply dwindling , I remember, once mined out all the soil first. Either they were lazy, tired, or really wanted an underground farm. I'm betting on the third.

I remember that one of my woodcutters seemed to always be discovering thieves and snatchers, and he'd murder them with his axe as soon as he found them.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 08:14:06 am »

The back entrance to my fort was via a long single tile wide ledge a few z levels above a river that flowed through a canyon, so i put a random muskox there on guard duty (well, to alert me, really).

he spotted a koblold who was sneaking in, but before the kobold could run away, the muskox kicked him off the edge. into the river :)
Magma is overrated.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 10:06:02 am »

I put my jail outside the fort and a siege arrives. A full squad of 16 hammer goblins all pile ontop of my mayor while i take care of the marksdwarves with my freeze trench(degrinchinator using aquifiers instead of pumps). Then i look over to my jail and see that the prisoner is standing ontop of a pile of 16 corpses.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

RyanW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 01:42:48 pm »

Then i look over to my jail and see that the prisoner is standing ontop of a pile of 16 corpses.

This guy should be launched by drawbridge into the goblin tower to slaughter the goblin rulers.  On his return, assuming he survives, he will be pardoned.

Starring Urist Sevalis as Archer J. Purringmaggot.
You went the wrong way Old King Urist

Drolias Flamegut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 02:15:33 pm »

I watched a recruit throw a goblin across a pond.  It continued on a bit after it hit the opposite shore, and left a great bloody smear behind it.

Someone got an instant promotion to Captain of the Guard that day.