Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchants dropping goods  (Read 1317 times)

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
Merchants dropping goods
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:13:20 am »

I noticed that merchants sometimes just leave things for you to claim after they leave, i also found that if you decontruct the trade depot  when they are trading in it they drop most (all?) of their goods. I apologise if this has been reported

Cryten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants dropping goods
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 08:53:40 am »

Deconstructing a depot is a known bug which for the moment alot of people consider cheating. Ive been told also that the caravan you deconstructed will considered those goods seized as if you took them by force.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:24:53 am »

I had a problem building a fort by an ocean, on the beach. The merchants would appear, and buy all my stona crafts and then go out and throw them of at the beach. So I had trouble getting rid of them.

The reason why they did so seems to be that when a wagon is hit by the waves it dissapears, leaving only the goods it carried. That fort was drwoning in stone crafts (and all the things the traders brought)...  ;D
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 10:55:25 am »

Yeah, waves block wagon access, so when a wave came along and hit/broke path of one of the wagons it does what Toady implemented to prevent a crash: scuttle the wagon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 07:32:34 pm »

Deconstructing a depot is a known bug which for the moment alot of people consider cheating. Ive been told also that the caravan you deconstructed will considered those goods seized as if you took them by force.

Dammit, there is a "seize goods option".  This is not a bug.

AtomicTesticle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 07:36:59 pm »

I don't read posts before I quote them.
STD free since 1987

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 09:55:47 pm »

I don't read posts before I quote them.

It took me a few seconds to realize that wasn't just a very oddly timed confession
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"