Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No water, no medical  (Read 601 times)

perilisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No water, no medical
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:05:04 am »

One of my soldier dwarves was injured after a goblin attack in winter. I had a hospital bed lined up and waiting, but no one bothered to drag him in (instead, rather callously, they left him lying in the snow with a red lung wound for several days while collecting the items all around him). I got quite a few messages about dwarves canceling the bring water job. It seemed like they wouldn't bother doing anything for the guy if they couldn't access a fresh water source. Once the ice thawed, they immediately pulled him inside, though he died fairly shortly after of thirst. I don't think he really had a chance, but it seems slightly buggy that being unable to meet one need would prevent dwarves from addressing the others.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No water, no medical
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:27:34 am »

Are you sure it wasn't just the callousness of the dwarves? I've had injured ignored and prisoners starving when there's a lot to move.
There's probably a way to prioritize these things, but I don't think it's done automatically.

perilisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No water, no medical
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 11:09:00 am »

Even after they grabbed all the items they deemed worthy of collecting, they left him there. However, once the water thawed, almost instantly, someone went out to drag him to a free bed. I don't think it was callousness, though it could just be a weird coincidence.