Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode digging  (Read 5361 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Adventure mode digging
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:01:49 am »

It would be simple to implement, use a pick and it asks you what direction, if there is a wall there, it digs it, if not but there is ground, it asks you if you want to make a channel.

The reason I bring this up is that it wouldn't take very long at all to add(relative to the Z axis and armies, and most other improvements), and I have wanted this for a very long time.
Eh?
Eh!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Adventure mode digging
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 10:43:29 am »

Have you been around here for very long? This is in planning, an a lot of other skills too. It's just a lower prioriy. But hey, we could get a surprise- These world gen parameters  certainly where.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 10:46:58 am »

Well, I joined about 1/3 of the way through the Great Update Blight that came before the 3D update, and have been looking for this feature for a long time.

I can wait, but it still would be nice to have.
Eh?
Eh!

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:37:16 am »

This would be a great feature, also what would be cool, is you could go into adventure mode, and build a fort on your own.

Then go back to the main menu and start a fortress there.

Or maybe just set out on your own as a lone adventure, and make your own fort. Which then can receive immigrants if you contact the liaison of  your home settlement or some such. Once you contact him you ask him to send some immigrants and setup a trade route to your new fort / home.

Then every year your liaison and the immigrants you ordered comes. Then you can re order more immigrants and such.

This would/could work just like fortress mode, but instead you being a unseen force, you literally have a character in game.

I really think this would be a great thing :D

Just to add to this, i also wouldn't mind being able to build my own caravans, and setup my own trade routes. Where i send the caravan / wagon out to go trade with other towns on the main map. You could load the wagons up with Food and Drink for them to eat, and then also trade goods that you want to trade. Then you also can set what you want them to trade for.

There would also be risk in this id hope, if you send out a caravan theres a chance it could be attacked or some such.

If you don't have any guards sent with the caravan then you will lose all your stuff.

Also id like to see a init variable, which lets you set the frequency at which your caravan would be attacked, or if it would be attacked at all. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:42:29 am by The-Moon »
There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes

Jamuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:25:05 pm »

Actually the caravan sending is a great idea.  It would pave the way to sending armies as well.  You could train your broker as a liason and based on his skill he would be able to get the goods you want at a lower price, or even make money on his own by selling high and buying low.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 02:20:43 pm »

Actually the caravan sending is a great idea.

Also in the dev notes.  Please read them.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 12:55:02 am »

Once the adventure mode skills, caravan and diplomacy arcs go in, you'll be able to recruit workers, set out to a site, buy it and found a fully functioning fortress all during adventure mode. And it will be awesome.