Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should the restrictions be on signatures?

Text signatures, one or two lines high, tops.  No images.
- 60 (15.3%)
Text signatures, 3-6 lines tall.  No images.
- 100 (25.5%)
Text signatures, 7-15 lines tall.  No images.
- 19 (4.8%)
Unrestricted text signatures.  No images.
- 15 (3.8%)
Text signatures, one or two lines high, tops.  Cap image height at ~60 pixels.
- 13 (3.3%)
Text signatures, 3-6 lines tall.  Cap image height at ~60 pixels.
- 67 (17.1%)
Text signatures, 7-15 lines tall.  Cap image height at ~60 pixels.
- 9 (2.3%)
Unrestricted text signatures.  Cap image height at ~60 pixels.
- 3 (0.8%)
Text signatures, one or two lines high, tops.  Cap image height at ~100 pixels.
- 3 (0.8%)
Text signatures, 3-6 lines tall.  Cap image height at ~100 pixels.
- 49 (12.5%)
Text signatures, 7-15 lines tall.  Cap image height at ~100 pixels.
- 18 (4.6%)
Unrestricted text signatures.  Cap image height at ~100 pixels.
- 3 (0.8%)
Text signatures, one or two lines high, tops.  Cap image height at ~150 pixels.
- 0 (0%)
Text signatures, 3-6 lines tall.  Cap image height at ~150 pixels.
- 7 (1.8%)
Text signatures, 7-15 lines tall.  Cap image height at ~150 pixels.
- 4 (1%)
Unrestricted text signatures.  Cap image height at ~150 pixels.
- 8 (2%)
Text signatures, one or two lines high, tops.  Images as big as the sky.
- 1 (0.3%)
Text signatures, 3-6 lines tall.  Images as big as the sky.
- 0 (0%)
Text signatures, 7-15 lines tall.  Images as big as the sky.
- 0 (0%)
Unrestricted text signatures.  Images as big as the sky.
- 13 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 392

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Poll on Signatures  (Read 59511 times)

Narushima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Poll on Signatures
« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2008, 05:22:57 pm »

If You all need an image to remember somebody, the avatar is enough, no ?

Balistora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 24, 2008, 06:32:36 pm »

This may of already been said, but the text siggys should be doubled. my siggy cant even show who said that.
The 10000 year world would bother me.
Not because of the memory requirements, though they would be huge, but because technology wouldn't advance.
10000 years of the same swords and shields sort of tech is goofy.
Kobold Thief has stolen *flying car*

Narushima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 24, 2008, 06:48:30 pm »

I think four lines is enough, if not too much. If you have little place to speak, you must speak well. This will produce better and more useful signatures than with superfluous images about pirates or Sponge Bob, or whatever même is going on currently.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:44:23 pm by Narushima »

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2008, 09:15:46 pm »

I disagree... Greatly. In any case, the problem is not the lines, its the character limit.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

The Test Account 2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2008, 10:05:11 pm »

This is Toady, testing to see if 150px tall images are scaled down correctly.
HI I'M THE TEST ACCOUNT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
a
a
a

Surma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2008, 10:13:43 pm »

That's a lot of "A"s ... I like the fact that it adds a horizontal scroll bar to the signature rather than stretching the post or the page.

One thing I've noticed on Firefox, images which are large and are hidden by a spoiler tag get a scroll bar also, but it's impossible to scroll the image.

e.g.
This is a masterful rendition of a female dwarven butcher. :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2008, 10:16:30 pm »

Could we click a "show spoiler" button instead of mousing over?  The current implementation is kind of annoying...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2008, 10:17:35 pm »

As far as I can tell, it's completely ignoring my restriction on font pixel size versus the (size) tag.  As it stands, I'll have to disable (size) in sigs.

-
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Could we click a "show spoiler" button instead of mousing over?
-

Yeah, I was just going to say...  I'll definitely have to change that.  It doesn't work this way.

edit:  there, scrollbar seems to work now.  I've killed (size) in signatures.  You can use (img) in signatures now and enable them via the Look and Layout profile setting.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:22:36 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 24, 2008, 10:25:46 pm »

As far as I can tell, it's completely ignoring my restriction on font pixel size versus the (size) tag.  As it stands, I'll have to disable (size) in sigs.

-
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Could we click a "show spoiler" button instead of mousing over?
-

Yeah, I was just going to say...  I'll definitely have to change that.  It doesn't work this way.

edit:  there, scrollbar seems to work now.  I've killed (size) in signatures.  You can use (img) in signatures now and enable them via the Look and Layout profile setting.
Ah, that works much better.  Yay!

The Test Account 2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 24, 2008, 10:31:05 pm »

He he, apparently I'll have to kill (table) [edit: in signatures only] as well, since you could get dozens of lines that way...  I wonder what else can be abused.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:46:33 pm by The Test Account »
HI I'M THE TEST ACCOUNT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
a
a
a

Surma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 24, 2008, 10:37:40 pm »

Awww, but I like the table.... It helped me make that tabulation a while back... Ah, okay heh..  :D

Thanks for the Spoiler button! :)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:40:37 pm by Surma »

The Test Account 2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 24, 2008, 10:39:05 pm »

I meant just in signatures.  Table should still work elsewhere.
HI I'M THE TEST ACCOUNT
a
a
a

The Test Account 2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 24, 2008, 10:40:51 pm »

It looks like the image height restriction is pretty easy to get around...  it enforces the restriction by checking your image once when you set your signature and then inserting height/width into the (img) tag.  However, if you upload a new image over the old one, it doesn't check again.  I'll just have to punish willful violations I suppose.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:42:51 pm by The Test Account »
HI I'M THE TEST ACCOUNT
a
a
a

Surma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 24, 2008, 10:44:48 pm »

Hmm, would it be possible to disable images in signatures for those who willfully violate? That is, the ability to use images in signatures, not the viewing of images.

The Test Account 2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 24, 2008, 10:48:00 pm »

If somebody doesn't keep their signature in accordance with whatever standards we have, and violates those standards again after a warning or two, image disabling is going to be the least of their worries, he he he.  I don't anticipate lots of lots of problems with this though.  Hopefully The Test Account always has the crappiest sig.

Right click + properties gives me the image height in pixels, so that upload violation would be a silly, silly thing to do, in any case.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:51:11 pm by The Test Account »
HI I'M THE TEST ACCOUNT
a
a
a
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21