Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Worst Civ Images  (Read 4446 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Worst Civ Images
« on: June 16, 2008, 07:55:20 pm »

Oh dear lord...
"On the item is a rendition of an exceptionally designed image of two frog demons."
Post your worst civ images.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

DarkMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a comfort sash, ok?
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Civ Images
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:04:19 pm »

My current fortress has been incredibly peaceful save for a single dwarf getting too close to a fire imp.

Now the bedrooms are engraved with dozens upon dozens of 'The dwarf is burning. The dwarf is surrounded by the dwarves. The dwarves are burning.'

When the fort's a ruin it'll look like a catastrophe of Boatmurderesque proportions took place.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 09:54:23 pm »

My current fortress has been incredibly peaceful save for a single dwarf getting too close to a fire imp.

Now the bedrooms are engraved with dozens upon dozens of 'The dwarf is burning. The dwarf is surrounded by the dwarves. The dwarves are burning.'

When the fort's a ruin it'll look like a catastrophe of Boatmurderesque proportions took place.
I was thinking more civilization images, not engravings..   Know what I'm talking about?  The stuff your dwarves won't stop engraving about that appears as an image of a rendition of somethingorother, not just an image of somethingorother.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

DarkMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a comfort sash, ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 10:02:32 pm »

I was thinking more civilization images, not engravings..   Know what I'm talking about?  The stuff your dwarves won't stop engraving about that appears as an image of a rendition of somethingorother, not just an image of somethingorother.

Right, and because it all came from one legendary engraver, all I get are burning dwarves and renditions of burning dwarves.

'And here we have yet another wonderful Stakudrober, err, this is also of a burning dwarf. Scholars suggest Stakudrober lost his entire family to a tragic kitchen incident.'

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 05:26:25 am »

My current symbol is a cloud. A nice fluffy cloud.
That's just an invitation to the goblin army.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 05:36:00 am »

Two leggings.
Two freekin' leggings.

I have lost count of how many bloody walls are engraved with ].

On the other hand, I tend to think that somewhere, way back in my civ's history, there was a panty raid of epic proportions, and I cheer up immensly.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 06:15:31 am »

My dwarf civ has a pretty mundane object to represent them: A pig tail. Not two, not three... just one pig tail.

My fortress government, however... their symbol is a lion.

Urist Geller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 08:51:01 am »

Hey dudes, i have a question: How do i see what civ image my fort has?

Omath Erius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 10:00:36 am »

Hey dudes, i have a question: How do i see what civ image my fort has?

Engrave a ton of objects. If you see an object (like a circle, or a glove) that you can't trace back to an important moment in your fortress' history but still see engraved a significant amount, it is probobly a civilization symbol.

If you aren't sure you can look at the engravings in adventurer mode and it'll tell you.
fhalkgsuehgvnl gherghlirhb

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 10:09:07 am »

I put in the Umimans engraving mod-a side effect? My civs images was of "A boring party". Were the most nihilistic Dwarves ever.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 12:42:36 pm »

A dwarf. Total lack of originality...

The best however has to be a skull. Pirate dwarves arrr. But it still had some retarded name.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 05:18:05 pm »

"The Dwarf is surrounded by Dwarves"

If ONLY because it has overtaken the city... Honestly it is like Engraving is the complaints department

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 06:05:02 pm »

Keep in mind that you actually have TWO civ symbols - one for your civilization, and one for your group of dwarves.

In my case, my civ is The Tomes of Heating, with a symbol of two alligators.

My group of dwarves is Everhammer the Beloved Harmonious Rabble-Executioner of Justice, with a cage as its symbol.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Ancient Whale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 07:00:41 pm »

Also, all civ and fortress symbols are "renditions of a x image" where the civ symbol is generally a rendition of a masterful image and the fortress symbol of an exceptional or superiorly designed image.

As for me, the civilization symbol is of a dwarf (you are correct. Total lack of imagination). The fortress symbol is of three squares. Well, at least they tried that time.

Looking through my legends shows me the symbol for The Unions of Morality, a human civilization, which is an image of two anvils. I like them already. Meanwhile, The Simple Empire has an image of face veils called The Couple of Distractions. The elves have feather trees.

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 07:50:53 am »

In my last fort, the civ's symbol was okay - a sasquatch.

But my group's symbol was really boring - a hatch cover.  Wow, that's exciting.

I think having frog demons as the civ symbol would be really cool.  It's better than the stuff I usually get.
"The power of Zefon compels you!"
Pages: [1] 2