Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Welcome to the New Forum  (Read 60013 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Welcome to the New Forum
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2008, 07:03:58 pm »

There.  I figured it out.  We can revote on the exact properties of signatures if you like.

My panel looks like this:

Code: [Select]
Maximum allowed characters: 255
(0 for no max.)

Maximum amount of lines: 0
(0 for no max)

Maximum font size allowed in signatures: 0
(0 for no max, in pixels)

Maximum smiley count: 0
(0 for no max)

Maximum image count: 0
(0 for no max - excludes smileys)

Maximum width of signature images (pixels): 0
(0 for no max)

Maximum height of signature images (pixels): 0
(0 for no max)

Select the tags allowed to be used

abbr
acronym
anchor
b
bdo
black
blue
br
code
center
color
email
ftp
font
flash
green
glow
hr
html
img <-- unchecked this
i
iurl
li
list
left
ltr
me
move
nobbc
pre
php
right
red
rtl
s
size
sub
sup
shadow
time
tt
table
tr
td
url
u
white
spoiler
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Internet User
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2008, 07:12:06 pm »

Ooh, you're sneaky. Once again, my argument is that since signatures can be hidden by an option in a user's look and layout settings, signature images should be allowed. People with overly annoying signature images (or annoying signatures of any sort, really) can have them edited or removed.

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2008, 07:12:49 pm »

Maxvance. Just add more delay between the images. That way the desynch will show much later and make it appear the gob falls from a greater height ;)

Toady. MaxVance signature convinced me that at least animated gifs should stay on sigs as long as they are brief in height (somewhat subjective) and are awesome (extremely subjective).
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2008, 07:14:06 pm »

Maxvance. Just add more delay between the images. That way the desynch will show much later and make it appear the gob falls from a greater height ;)

Toady. MaxVance signature convinced me that at least animated gifs should stay on sigs as long as they are brief in height (somewhat subjective) and are awesome (extremely subjective).

I second this, subjectively.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2008, 07:30:38 pm »

As long as they aren't completely ridiculous (which I really doubt will happen with this community) signature images should be allowed. Plus, I want my fisherdwarf picture back.  :(

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2008, 07:33:01 pm »

If they get too ridiculous a hand-slap would be in order. A ban for repeat offenders will be enough to dissuade others.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2008, 07:36:58 pm »

Agree.  You can always add a height and width limit, as well as a count limit (say 1 or 2) and it won't get out of hand easily.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2008, 07:50:57 pm »

Sig pics should be allowed.  As stated; they can be hidden, and I'm assuming that any that get too crazy can be edited by a mod/admin anyway, so there really isn't a reason to disallow them.

Also:  What's wrong with the marquees...?

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2008, 08:09:56 pm »

Funny that everyone was stalwartly against signature images before the move.  :D

The spoiler tag permission .
Go into Permissions for the Regular Users group; you'll need to enable spoilers to be viewed and posted. You might also want to enable Guests to view them, otherwise they won't show up for people not logged in.

"move" has been stripped out as a bb tag, though it still shows the marquee button for me for some reason.

The button's not showing up for me, so that seems to be fine.

I'm not sure how to do the logo link (or anything related to themes), but it's likely possible.  I don't know how to make themes myself, and there doesn't seem to be an easy editor as with UBB, at least in the admin panel.  I'd prefer not to use DF everywhere on the forums, though the default theme does hurt my eyes a bit so I understand why people would suggest that.  If you are logged in, you can make it appear everywhere from your profile.
  The logo as a link is possible as either a mod or as part of a theme. I'll e-mail you with some further information on modifying/creating themes.

Is there a way to see all of the previous posts when you are posting without opening another window?  I can only see 10 or so, with no paging option.  Responding to future of the fortress or a sudden active bug report/suggestion will be quite aggravating this way, since I'll often need to have 2 or 3 pages available.
  I might be able to make a mod to help with that.

My position is administrator, but it handles the post-based groups differently.  Even after checking the option not to show post-based groups like Bay Watcher for admins/mods, it doesn't work.
Hmm, I have no idea why that might not be working; I've had no problems disabling that. Did you change that option for the Darkling theme, or just the Default theme? The option is stored separately for each theme.
"

EDIT: by the way, people wanting monospaced text without using a Code box (such as for a signature) can instead use Teletype. The button for it looks like a typewriter, and the actual BBCode is "tt". An example:
gBg
B@g
gBB       Beak dogs and goblins surround the adventurer!  What will happen next?!

Code: [Select]
[tt]gBg
B@g
gBB       Beak dogs and goblins surround the adventurer!  What will happen next?![/tt]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:18:41 pm by Janus »
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2008, 08:23:20 pm »

Yeah, "Hide post group titles for grouped members?" is checked for Darkling.  When I looked at ThreeToe last, it called him a Moderator instead of a Bay Watcher, but I'm still a Bay Watcher.  Not sure what's going on.

edit:  It was because I had blanked the text "Administrator" for the admin group (since I didn't want to see that either).  So now I've changed "Administrator" into "The Great" and removed my custom title.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:28:44 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2008, 08:30:01 pm »

Yeah, "Hide post group titles for grouped members?" is checked for Darkling.  When I looked at ThreeToe last, it called him a Moderator instead of a Bay Watcher, but I'm still a Bay Watcher.  Not sure what's going on.

The leader is making himself look as being one with the lowly peasants. :P

You should leave it as that as an experiment to see how noobs make faux-pas when addressing you and everyone else goes " :o how could he do that -faints- ".

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2008, 08:56:14 pm »

New forum is awesome.  The Forums link from bay12games.com/dwarves still points to the old one, though.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2008, 09:19:42 pm »

I think this forum could use a link to the wiki,there already is the old link on the previous site but one here would be nice for simplicity's sake.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2008, 09:26:49 pm »

Ah, darkling theme makes it a lot better. I can definitely see spolier coming in handy for large images and such.

I do wish we could get rid of the giant RE:SUBJECT NAMEabove every post.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2008, 09:39:41 pm »

Great looking Forum, Toady!

But I also am going to add my vote in allowing limited signature images.
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11