Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Welcome to the New Forum  (Read 60005 times)

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the New Forum
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2008, 03:30:46 pm »

For those complaining about "eye burning" main pages:

Profile > Look and Layout > Current Theme: Darkling

You can also change whether or not you want to see avatars and signatures in the Look and Layout menu. That should please some of you people that can't get used to change!
QFT.

Oh and: yay, my first post on the new forums! I like them. Always did kinda like SMF forums. Nice work, looks to have gone pretty smoothly.

Here is my annoying mobile text. CHOO CHOO! Someone should make an ASCII train. Yeah. Chugga-chugga.

Merlon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2008, 03:36:30 pm »

Great work guys! I take it Janus' new CSS coloursettings haven't been implemented yet because of the mayor work put into the actual move?

For those complaining about "eye burning" main pages:

Profile > Look and Layout > Current Theme: Darkling

You can also change whether or not you want to see avatars and signatures in the Look and Layout menu. That should please some of you people that can't get used to change!
But all that would require you to log in first. Take a look at the userlist, easily half of browsing users aren't logged in. It's not very consistant nor friendly the way it is now.

It would probably be best if all animated stuff was removed or made an opt-in feature instead.

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2008, 03:38:38 pm »

I really like it. Excellent ;D

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2008, 03:42:37 pm »

It'd be nice if the Darkling layout was the default, since it has the dwarf icons and everything and looks the nicest.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2008, 03:53:59 pm »

I agree, when possible, Darkling should be changed to default. I am liking this new board in general very much.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2008, 04:40:18 pm »

'Nother vote for darkling layout default. That default one is so... undwarfy.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2008, 04:41:35 pm »

I say yea to that.

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Internet User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2008, 04:45:40 pm »

Only problem with making Darkling the default layout is that the Dwarf Fortress banner appears at the top of every forum. I think the old forum's themes should be brought here.

On a related note, how easy or hard is it to make themes in an SMF forum? Does SMF just give you a large menu where you pick colors and upload images and such or do you put in a CSS document for each theme?

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2008, 04:50:35 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is really the current main Bay12 project, so I don't see anything wrong with having the banner for everything.

Oh, and Toady... Why are you a baywatcher? Can't you change your position?

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2008, 04:51:33 pm »

Looks good, guys.

Is there a link for viewing the "daily" posts?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 04:55:52 pm by Red Jackard »
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2008, 05:13:32 pm »

Talking about the main page, it could use more contrast, it's too bright.

Contrast != Brightness.

Brightness is how much white or black there is in an image, contrast is how different the whitest whites are from the blackest blacks.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2008, 06:48:48 pm »

The spoiler tag permission
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"move" has been stripped out as a bb tag, though it still shows the marquee button for me for some reason.  People might have fun with it, but I just wouldn't be able to survive.  I'm sorry for my selfishness.

We had agreed on no signature pictures previously, and apparently that option either doesn't work or can be circumvented.  I'll leave things the way they are now, I guess, since I can't do otherwise, but please don't put anything too large or disruptive.

I'm not sure how to do the logo link (or anything related to themes), but it's likely possible.  I don't know how to make themes myself, and there doesn't seem to be an easy editor as with UBB, at least in the admin panel.  I'd prefer not to use DF everywhere on the forums, though the default theme does hurt my eyes a bit so I understand why people would suggest that.  If you are logged in, you can make it appear everywhere from your profile.

I would like to get that IP logged to disappear, since there's no point for it.

Is there a way to see all of the previous posts when you are posting without opening another window?  I can only see 10 or so, with no paging option.  Responding to future of the fortress or a sudden active bug report/suggestion will be quite aggravating this way, since I'll often need to have 2 or 3 pages available.

My position is administrator, but it handles the post-based groups differently.  Even after checking the option not to show post-based groups like Bay Watcher for admins/mods, it doesn't work.  There are several check boxes that don't work.  It might be the result of this being a beta, though it's mostly stable.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2008, 06:53:36 pm »

We had agreed on no signature pictures previously, and apparently that option either doesn't work or can be circumvented.  I'll leave things the way they are now, I guess, since I can't do otherwise, but please don't put anything too large or disruptive.
Just as planned.  8)

Is there a way to see all of the previous posts when you are posting without opening another window?  I can only see 10 or so, with no paging option.  Responding to future of the fortress or a sudden active bug report/suggestion will be quite aggravating this way, since I'll often need to have 2 or 3 pages available.
As far as I have been able to tell with SMF, there isn't. The easiest way to circumvent this is to open up the last few pages in tabs and refer to them when making a post.

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 06:56:28 pm »

...Something unrelated...

MaxVance. Just wanted to say that your picture/signature combo is awesome!

(but you have to check it because it dephases after some time).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 06:59:04 pm by Zemat »
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2008, 07:03:35 pm »

I drove myself mad trying to synchronize the images. Eventually I had to conclude that the matter is how your browser handles the animation of the images.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11