Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Prison Work Camp (Succession Game)  (Read 6408 times)

Snoopicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kung Fu Kingdom - An RTS with Kung Fu!
Re: Prison Work Camp (Succession Game)
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2008, 04:25:00 pm »

New HDD should arrive Thursday. Sorry about the drop guys. I'll enjoy continued reading. Once I get my new drive, Jimmy the Thread shall live on in my community fortress.  ;)
Snoopicus: What is the kill radius of lava heat?
Snugglybear: I''ve seen it, I think, kill dudes one level above it. But the guy was falling into it at the time, as a dwarven sacrifice. So it''s hard to say.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2008, 11:45:00 pm »

Faulkner, it's your turn, use the save before Snoopicus.

And Snoop, you've been re-added to the list.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2008, 12:00:00 am »

WOW. That sucks Snoop. And fortunetly, tomorrow is WIDE OPEN for me. So I'll have it done by Monday at the latest!

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2008, 11:28:00 pm »

Okay, turns out I was more busy then I thought I'd be. Here's the first month. I hope I'll be able to finish this out soon.

((After I named myself, I realized I was female. Meh. I shall write as thought I am the dwarf.))

1st Granite

Snugglebear walks by me in the hall while I'm carrying my lunch, reaches out and taps me and says "You're it!" I glance at him, wondering what the hell he could be talking about. There's no way they'd give 'that' to me, right? I'm a hippie for the love of Emen! I collect "herbs!" I've heard that control of the prison was going around... but me? I fight the power, and now I AM the power! The irony! Oh well, I guess I could make this place a bit more... nature friendly? My first decree will be that there shall be no hunting while I'm in control. That's just barbaric. Also, a few more animals around the place couldn't hurt, right?

Later the same day...

Emen above! We have a birth! I thought we disapproved of such relations. Oh well, the babe will be protected and is free to go whenever he or she desires.

A bit afterwards...

I have decided to use some of the outdoor seeds we have and make a small patch for some strawberry wine. That stuff is delightful. First time I had it, there was this really cute.... AHEM. Anyway.

2nd Granite
This place is completely coverded in stone! This must be fixed. Everyone, it's spring cleaning time! Clear out the halls and dining areas of loose rock!

13th Granite

An elven caravan! I wonder if they have any pets that I could use for my project...

16th Granite

2 theives. How do they find this place? Why do they need our stuff? It's not even pretty!

17th Granite

Another child! Oh good grief... Babies in prison. What a horrible place to be born. Next mother that has a baby gets thrown into the holes.

Moments later...

A childsnatcher? HOW COULD THEY HAVE KNOWN?! The babies were born only moments ago! There... must be a mole. I shall find them, and by Emen, they shall perish.

21st Granite

Another snatcher. Kubuk found him. That makes me just a bit suspicious... Regardless, we must recruit a miliary to deal with these goblins. Those ex-hunters will do well. We trusted them with weapons anyway.

24th Granite

NO! We have lost a baby to the snatchers. There will be hell to pay for this... And the military does nothing to catch the thieves! I'm moving all families into seperate homes under military watch.

26th Granite

Migrants. More filthy criminals. And a dungeon master. I hate this place.

Later...

The entire elven caravan is cloth. Now how the hell am I supposed to get a chipmunk? That's it, they aren't leaving here. Not alive, anyway... We took every piece of their damn cloth. Let's see you bring back more after such a loss.

Snugglebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2008, 12:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Fualkner:
<STRONG>Okay, turns out I was more busy then I thought I'd be. Here's the first month. I hope I'll be able to finish this out soon.

26th Granite

Migrants. More filthy criminals. And a dungeon master. I hate this place.

Later...

The entire elven caravan is cloth. Now how the hell am I supposed to get a chipmunk? That's it, they aren't leaving here. Not alive, anyway... We took every piece of their damn cloth. Let's see you bring back more after such a loss.</STRONG>

Logically, the Dungeon Master is in fact the actual head warden.  We're merely his lieutenants.  This IS a prison, after all.

Oh, and for reference / if you didn't notice already, I renamed all the cloth-associated laborers to "Elf Sympathizer."  Letting them get their hands on their precious non-metallic / non-leather goods might be ill-advised.

[ May 19, 2008: Message edited by: Snugglebear ]

"Engraved on the wall is an exceptionally-designed image of a dragon and a dwarf by Ber Ilavuz.  The dragon is making a plaintive gesture.  The dwarf is striking a menacing pose."

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2008, 07:40:00 pm »

Fits perfectly. Fualkner the Dwarf couldn't have known. Her job is to collect herbs. Why would she know more then necessary about these prisoner dwarves?

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2008, 07:59:00 pm »

Sign me up.
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Snoopicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2008, 11:23:00 am »

quote:
"A childsnatcher? HOW COULD THEY HAVE KNOWN?! The babies were born only moments ago! There... must be a mole. I shall find them, and by Emen, they shall perish."

Lol.

Snugglybear: I''ve seen it, I think, kill dudes one level above it. But the guy was falling into it at the time, as a dwarven sacrifice. So it''s hard to say.

Mido

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2008, 11:40:00 am »

I'm guessing this is a succession game with a sort of community fortress twist? So people in the rotation have dwarves named after them?

Interesting...what dwarves are left?

You see a green wiggly

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »

We tend to name them after ourselves as we play, like I just took the first manager I think, and so forth until insanity ensued.

Snoopicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

Less insanity now that my home computer is fried.

::sheds a tear::

Oh well, as soon as its up my Community fortress will get started again and the shinanigans that ensue will not be restricted to dwarf fortress game mechanics!

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2008, 10:47:00 pm »

Well, two days, two months. I'm sorry guys, but I just can't seem to find time to sit and play. I'm pretty far I suppose, and I'll finish out my turn, but I hope you guys don't get bored waiting. If it gets over 7-9 days, then I'll finish up and pass it along.

4th Slate

An annoying Rhesus macaque is bugging the prisoners. They just keep coming back, saying they were scared off by a bloody MONKEY. Morons, all of them. I'd go out there and strangle it myself, but for some reason, I can't build up the bravery to do so.

11th Slate

The construction of my grand addition to the fortress has begun. I only hope I finish in time. It should be a beautiful... Well, I'll leave that part in suspense.

20th Slate

It's been quiet, leaving me time to work on the project. I sketched a picture of what it looks like right now. The purpose? Well, let's say it'll be a work of art.

27th Slate

Only a week, and the project moves along nicely. I have decided to build a few clothier's shops. I have reason to believe that the mole is among them. Why? Elves hate dwarves. If the dwarves go away... the elves win. I might like nature, but if a tree needs to be made into a bed, damn it, it will be chopped down. Dwarves can't sleep on the ground. ... Okay, technically, yes they can. But you see the point. Right? RIGHT?!

3rd Felsite

Miasma is awful. I'm just choking on the stuff. Who didn't build the compost heap WAAAY out there? Anyway, built one.

7th Felsite

Rope production has begun. Maybe these elf sympathizers aren't useless. Chaining up war dogs will help with defence.

9th Felsite

Assigned bedrooms. First six to sleep in them get them. I couldn't give less of a damn who does. They are all filthy criminals... except for maybe those children. And the presistant mandate guy. Does anyone pay attention to those damn things?

14th Felsite

Silly Bomrek. Why must he give rediculous decrees and mandates no one cares about? He's just a fool at times. No iron exports. Why waste such a valuable metal for trade goods, I have no idea. He may be a good friend of mine, but he is a bit light in the head, if you know my drift. Also, romantically invovled with Datan. What an odd lass...

15th Felsite

Bomrek has gotten wind of my opinion on his mandate, and explained that it's not him that decides the mandates, but his lover. Hmm... That's weird. Our allies at the other fortresses could use some weapons from what I've heard. They're fighting off large goblin invasions. But I'm pretty good friends with her, and she's a bit... quirky. So it may just be coincidence.

19th Felsite

You know what we need? Some more miners. I've ordered picks to be made and assigned a few of the useless prisoners to the job.

21st Felsite

Strawberry Fields forever! The strawberry fields are up and growing. God, I could use some of that stuff. This running a prison thing is stressful.

4th Hematite

The project continues successfully. I've got a sketch of the completed section. Let's just say it's a work in progress.

14th Hematite

A human caravan! They better be carrying more then cloth, or they shall test the bridge-masher. I'll send someone over to trade immeadiatly.

((LAAAAAAAAAG. Forcing me to quit, then realize I should go sleep. Night all.))

weirdbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2008, 10:02:00 am »

Can I have a turn? It'll be my first go at a succession game, I must forewarn you...
engel Bestraratheg, Mayor: Life is, in a word, pregnancy.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2008, 08:40:00 pm »

Okay guys. Tonight. I swear. My turn will finish. I'm so very sorry for holding up the game for so long. It will end TONIGHT.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2008, 11:31:00 pm »

...SHIT.

Well... I can't believe I did this but... I abandoned. Bad habit, I suppose. Anyway, my turn is done. -.-'

Regardless, throw me to the bottom of the list. I'll have time to play this summer, it's been slow because of finals coming up soon.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7