Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Prison Work Camp (Succession Game)  (Read 6405 times)

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
Re: Prison Work Camp (Succession Game)
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »

Hope it involves flaming death...just not my flaming death.

pepeshka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2008, 10:56:00 pm »

Oops

It took a little long to get to me and I've started my summer internship
Skip me, for now or permanent, we'll see

Mido

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2008, 11:23:00 am »

Moving on to Fualkner then...
You see a green wiggly

Snoopicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kung Fu Kingdom - An RTS with Kung Fu!
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »

Naw, I've gotten half of it written up at home. I'll be posting this evening, and will write up the rest ASAP. Its only been a week and a half, take a chill pill.
Snoopicus: What is the kill radius of lava heat?
Snugglybear: I''ve seen it, I think, kill dudes one level above it. But the guy was falling into it at the time, as a dwarven sacrifice. So it''s hard to say.

Mido

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »

Ah, no Snoop I didn't mean it like that. I meant AFTER you post your entry.
You see a green wiggly

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2008, 07:42:00 pm »

Okay, okay, don't devolve into a screaming match. This is the internet, let's keep it civil. And I can't start till Snoop uploads the save, so there.

Snoopicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2008, 11:12:00 pm »

Ok. You made me cry, but I feel better now. I'm going to go hug myself again in the mirror while telling myself "I'm a winner!"
Snugglybear: I''ve seen it, I think, kill dudes one level above it. But the guy was falling into it at the time, as a dwarven sacrifice. So it''s hard to say.

Snoopicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2008, 01:32:00 am »

I will post the associated pictures tomorrow, plus more of the story. Still more writing to go.

Snoopicus has canceled task write story, interrupted by sleep!  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite my deep and burning desire to avoid becoming the Forth Warden of our fair little prison camp here, it seems that I have no choice. I have been hunted down by Snugglebear, who found me idly polishing a few walls in what I thought was a deserted and remote portion of the Prison. Evidently not so remote. Just taking a stroll he said. Happened to come upon me he said. What a nice coincidence he said, he had to talk with me anyways.

Bastard.

Alright, might as well get to it. Maybe I can get some things straightened out here.

1st Granite, 1053
We are well stocked in both food and drink. SWEET! I’ve ordered a private stockpile of food and drink (my favorites) put into my room. I don’t think anybody will notice. In order to keep the other founders and the guards busy while I setup my stockpile, I’ve ordered a guardroom with fortifications built above the front entrance. This will allow guards to shoot down upon approaching enemies and, of course, afford the other founders and I great views of the outdoor construction projects from the lawn chairs I’ve had placed there.

19th Granite, 1053
Miasma in the stock room! C’est la vie.
Thank god I had private stocks delivered to my room earlier today.

26th Granite, 1053[/b]
Dammit. A Dungeon Master. A fucking Dungeon Master. Oh well, I’ll redirect some of the diggers to create new rooms for the dungeon master, and arrange for some of the crafters to create the required accouterments.

He brought some people wearing rags with him. Whatever.

27th Granite, 1053
Uh… what? Why? Evidently one of the miners got drunk and decided to carve out some new rooms on the Founders floor. Some sort of… strange pattern too.

I think I’ll convert this into a stockpile of food for the rest of the founders in case something happens and we have to lock ourselves off from the rest of the inmate population.

Some time in late spring, 1053
Ok, now things are getting bizarre. Someone has ripped off the elves. Yep. Stolen all twelve of their CLOTHES bins. I’m not sure where the thief is storing the goods, or what he/she intends to do with it. We don’t even have a clothier for gods sake.  When I brought it up, someone mentioned something about Molotov cocktails. None of us had ever heard of them, so the dwarf is elaborating on the subject now. I should write this down.
“Wal, see, ya take a bott’el of Rum and shov a rag into it. Then ye light the rag on fire, and toss it at the enemy. When it breaks…”

(A ragged line trails off from the last sentence. A few random splatters of blood frame the paragraph).

The Next Day, 1053
Oh man, what a disaster. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a more horrible and devilish misuse of our GLORIOUS DRINK! Thankfully, we were able to drag the mob off the poor fellow before he took more than a couple dozen stab wounds to the gut. He should recover in a few days – says he only has a “Gray wound to his lower back and left arm”, whatever that means. I don’t really remember his name. Possibly the Elf Sympathizer? All for the best.

1st Slate, 1053
Starting with the coming of spring Children Snatchers have begun appearing en masse. Well, uh, I guess, solo, but you know. Lots of them. At least two.

14th Slate, 1053
Well, I’ve had to shiv no less than five people who snuck up behind me today. God damn inmates. Can’t trust them at all. I’ve had them sent to the infirmary.

15th Slate, 1053
Ok… whoops. Necro just talked with me. Turns out those poor Dwarf’s from yesterday were sent by him to let me know that the workshops have been cluttered for some while.

::sighs::

I decided to carve out the new storerooms myself. As a little reward afterwards I decided to grab a little Ale and sit out on the deck (guard room) and was pleasantly surprised when I found Necro already there. We had a pleasant conversation about the recent slew of Kitten adoptions as we watched the Plebe prisoners go about their business.

19th Slate, 1053
It was about time to get some entertainment set up for the prisoners. Despite the objections of the other wardens, I’ve decided to set up a bunch of dart boards. Of course, with a shortage of feathers, I am allowing the prisoners to use bone crossbows with wooden bolts instead.

Just in case things get a little rowdy (dart games can get ferocious) I’ve placed the boards behind the guard room.

24th Slate, 1053
The case of the stolen cloth still plague me. I’ve searched all over for it. No cranny has gone unsearched, no crevice has been undiscovered. Who stole the cloth? What is his or her, or THEIR agenda? These questions continue to haunt my dreams.

1th Felisite, 1053
Snugglebear has a devious, devious mind. But wait, perhaps it would be more appropriate to say… completely insane.

Why? Why did it work? The clothing theft that has plagued me for the last month has been solved… by building a clothing stockpile.

The clothing fucking came out of the goddamn stonework. It wasn’t even like it was filtered in all slow and sneaky. I watched that stupid stockpile like a HAWK. I set up a private little alcove from which I could watch the stockroom unnoticed – with a little food and drink stockpile next to it and a little space for a cot.

But I started noticing the strangest thing. One of the prisoners started going in and out of the storeroom. But he wasn’t bringing cloth IN, he was bringing it OUT! The entire stockroom was full of cloth!

To top it all off, someone had set up a clothier shop in the workshop area.

Necro has informed me that it was none other than the notorious prisnor… Jimmy the Thread. Damn him. I don’t have proof that he was behind the Clothing Heist yet, but now that his operation is out in the open, I’ll find it. Oh I’ll find it.

Your mine Jimmy… your mine.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Snoopicus ]

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2008, 08:17:00 am »

Jimmy the thread?  That's gold, Snoop.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2008, 03:21:00 pm »

Oh, this gets good. Reading this gives me so many ideas for my turn... heh he he.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2008, 06:55:00 pm »

Snoop, can you post the rest and the save so we can get rolling.  Not trying to rush you, there have just already been too many hold-ups.

And if you're trying to get me back for killing you in the community fort, the goblins got revenge for you already by killing the General.

Snoopicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2008, 08:51:00 pm »

lol, yeah. I'm gonna go work out now. I'll finish the write up when I get back, and post the save (I think I'll have enough time for that tonight).

Snoopicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2008, 12:16:00 am »

Still only in Mid-autumn. BUT! I have a lot of fantastic story for you guys. Plus a question: I can't seem to get the archers to practice at the archery range. They are all standing down, equipped with crossbows and quivers, there are bone and wooden bolts available, and they still don't shoot. I have tried deactivating then activating them, I have tried assigning them unarmed, and then crossbow again. The only thing I can think of is perhaps having them assigned plate mail is preventing them from practicing? I don't know, but I need your help!

Here is some more story for you boys.

Journal Entry for… Today
This child, Urist Idrathkeskal is becoming a problem. It (He or she? I can’t tell.) continues to throw wild parties at the stone garden. It isn’t even of age! I don’t think… I have assigned Snugglebear to do something about it. Shivving is strictly forbidden. Although I cannot see an immediate connection, I am sure these parties are connected to the unexplained rash of kitten births.

In other news, the inmates have been running around calling me “mayor”. I’m not sure why, being as this is a prison. Perhaps something is in the water. I have not been drinking form the general stockpile for a while now.

As if things couldn’t get stranger, Dresdor ran by me naked today. That in itself wasn’t very weird, but this time he was carrying an object which we later found out to be a new artifact. Mengosal Ulinbogsosh, or “Lashsings the Crazed Brigand”, a claystone Cabinet. When asked to describe it, a fellow inmate responded with “This is a Claystone cabinet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of Claystone and Lignite. On the item is an image of a turtle shell ring in Lignite”.

Things have been getting a bit weird around here lately, so we will ignore the dwarf’s strangely formulaic description of the artifact. Dresdor put it in the stockpile, but I had one of the inmates replace the cabinet currently in Dresdor’s room with the artifact. He made it after all.

Also, the most bizarre situation has arisen. It seems that some dwarf has taken it upon himself to randomly place statues around the entrance and the highway leading to it. The dwarf’s motivations remain unknown, but despite the posting of several sentries near the scene of the “crime”, if you could call it that, we have as of yet been unable to ascertain the identify of the perpetrator. An inspection of the local masonry workshops has similarly borne no fruit.

Journal entry for 10th Galena, 1053
The child Urist Ldrathkeskal strikes again. I believe his hedonistic lifestyle will negatively influence the prison population, and have ordered his death. Unofficially of course. Despite having thrown several parties at various statue gardens in the area since my judgment, the guards have been unable to locate him.  

Also, though hardly worth mentioning, today we break ground for my new “In case of emergency kill all the inmates by flooding their cells” aqueduct. I have explained the tunnel to the miners as a “New source of fresh water for the fortress”. I am going to have to move the guards barracks and Entertainment Center (Darts) to higher ground as to avoid flooding when (if) the system is used.

9th Limestone
Jimmy the Thread continues to elude my spies. No matter how watchful, he is never seen to be doing anything out of the ordinary. The clothiers shop that I have set up is constantly empty, and although cobwebs have not yet formed on the Lathe, I can only suspect they would have if it were not for the kitten epidemic (they seem to like spiders).

10th Limestone
MITTENS!

Damn that Jimmy, DAMN HIM TO HELL! I don’t know how he did it. Hell, I don’t even have proof it was him. But ohhhh, it was him. Ninty Nine pairs of mittens were just found adorning various objects around the fortress. No one was safe. Even the status outside and several kittens were found to be wearing the infernal devices.

When questioned about the source of their newfound mittens, the majority of dwarves seemed shocked, as if noticing them for the first time.

I’m not sure what’s really going on here… but I”ll find out. Oh, I’ll find out. If it’s the last. Thing. I. Do.

15th Limestone, 1053

Dammit!

Let me give you a little context here. I was sitting up on the Sundeck/Fortifications sipping some hard Dwarven Lemonaide when Dresdor, still naked, runs up to me screaming “A caravan from Iton Nicat has arrived but their wagons have bypassed your inaccessible site!”

It seems that the dwarf/dwarf’s/conspiracy that has been placing the statues around our highway has blocked access to the fortress from the outside world. Or at least, from wagons. I have ordered the statue removed, but I cannot guarantee that this problem will not occur again. In fact, I am positive it will.

The statue was wearing mittens.

18th Limestone, 1053

I have awoken to find my room filled with statues. I am currently attempting to climb over them. I am having little luck, and am hoping for some dwarves to notice my absence and form a rescue party.

That’s strange, my hands feel a little warm… (the ink line trails off the page, ripping under what seems to have been a tremendous amount of pressure)

20th Limestone, 1053
I believe I have figured out how the conspirators have been moving about without being noticed. The hallways of most of the fortress is covered in leftover rock from the initial mining that has yet to be moved. It is through these piles of rubble that the perpetrators have dug a network of crawlspaces through which to move. I have not yet found evidence of the existence of such tunnels, and so it is only a theory at this point. However, I have ordered the hallways cleared in any case… just in case.

27th Limestone, 1053
Foiled again. When I approached the trade depot to see what was available for trade. I was looking forward to this transaction, as I had specifically requested some additional tools. Spyglasses, fingerprint dusters, and the like. Also, some rope reed ropes to chain animals too.

However, as I moved into the trade depot, none of my assistants would look at me straight in the eye. What sight greeted me there?There was nothing for trade… but CLOTH!  The Dwarf Ambassador insisted that this was what had been on the order forms, and that it had been given to him by a “shady looking dwarf”. Some help that is, in a prison. I took little satisfaction in shiving the man.

Damn you Jimmy, damn you.

I took all of the cloth in exchange for five bins full of mittens that had been removed from the statues. A sweet and sour victory at best.

28th Limestone
Monkeys attacked today. I am surprised they were not wearing mittens. Iden, the mass murderer, quickly dispatched them. AMBUSH! More monkies! Iden was quickly overrun and was forced to retreat to the fortress.

Thankfully, the local Dart Club had been taking their break on the fortifications, and decided that the monkies would make fantastic moving targets. Between them and Shorast, our ranger, the bones of those monkies will make fantastic crafts.

The elf sympathizer was the first to run form the monkies. Figures.

29th Limestone
The Dwarf Liason has recovered from his… accident. I have requested that he bring  some dog cages (for added security) and some additional crossbows for the Dart Club. They have put in several requests for higher quality sets.

10th Sandstone
I have not mentioned it in my diaries before, but in conjunction with the other wardens, I have decided to hollow out a large portion of space under our fortress, in case we ever have need to collapse the structure and kill everyone. For whatever reason.

I have written this project off as “Mining for metal ore”, and we have, in fact, found much ore in the process. Its true purpose remains a secret for the inmates.

20th Sandstone, 1053

Through my spies I have gathered a portfolio on Jimmy the Thread. It is as follows:

“’Jimmy the Thread’ Egenkadol has been ecstatic lately. He admired a fine Door lately. He had a pretty decent drink lately. He had a fine drink lately. He ate a wonderful dish lately. He dined in a fantastic dining room recently. He slept without a proper room recently [Note: obviously he has not established proper sleeping quarters wherever his Rebel Loom is] He ate a fine dish lately. He slept uneasily due to noise lately. He admired a fine tastefully arranged Statue lately [Note: I bet he did, that bastard] He has complained of hunger lately. He has been satisfied at work lately.
He is a worshipper of Lushob.
He is a citizen of The Hall of Chaining. He is a member of The Robust Tomb.
‘Jimmy the Thread’ Egenkadol likes Native gold, Silver, Tiger iron, Pig Tail Fabric, rings, piccolos and Sweet pods for their round shape. When possible, he prefers to consume Dwarven wine.
He is slow to anger. He feels strong urges and seeks short-term rewards. He can handle stress. He is often cheerful. He has a fertile imagination. He is not straightforward when dealing with others. He lacks confidence. He is occasionally given to procrastination. He needs alcohol to get through the working day. He does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time.”

Also, I have been informed that he has recently adopted a puppy. He named it Leggings. Surely a play on words.

25th Sandstone, 1053
We have lost our first dwarf today. Bembul Vukcassarvesh, a trapper, was killed by a pack of wolves today while hunting. I have declared his body off limits until we can deal with this new menace.

Datan Sengaban has thrown a party. Munchies will be served.

26th Sandstone, 1053
Five new prisnors arrived today ,guarded by a hunter named “Sniper Johnson”.

Strange name, but he seems a capable individual, even if he is a worshipper of “Ishen Profaneflowers”.

-----------------------------

Now, if you guys are getting REALLY ancy, I can post the save and someone with more time can finish out my turn. But I'll be doing just as much tomorrow - which should finish it up. Plus, how will you ever find out what happens to Jimmy, or whats up with the case of the random statues, if you don't wait?

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2008, 07:51:00 am »

Take your time, Snoop, and finish your turn.  I just thought you were MIA.  Keep up the good work.

Snoopicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »

Ok, REALLY bad news. Though I guess not in the grand scheme of things.

My hard drive bricked. The one with the clean DF install on it and the Prison camp save.

I am going to bow out of this one, as much as it sucks to do so after putting in this much writing. Hopefully the next person who plays can add some of the things in that I put in there. ::sighs:: At least name one of the dwarfs "Jimmy the Thread" and jack some cloth from the dirty elves for me.

Technology happens.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7