Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70

Author Topic: {succession/community} Kulettögum, Salt Mines Beneath the Mire  (Read 84390 times)

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: {succession} Kulettögum, Salt Mines Beneath the Mire
« Reply #555 on: November 21, 2008, 07:55:25 am »

Just build a new lever for the main gate, one that's *your* lever for it. It'll make the games of "What does this lever do?" more fun!

Nice move on the statue replacement.

Also: Jools has mandated the recruitment of another butler. ;-P

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 21, 2008, 01:08:34 pm »

Here is the lever!
http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-8989-leverwesterngate

Bloody health and safety...  ;)

/edit I just noticed, the place you are building the Abbey is the spot I had partially cleared to build the top of my temple/zoo before the Queen turned up and started demanding silly things like somewhere to sleep. Definitely a religious spot that. ;D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 01:24:50 pm by Kazindir »

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 22, 2008, 11:06:46 am »

Keldor cancels play dwarf fortress: interrrupted by family reunion.

Yep, I get to spend Thanksgiving driving halfway across the country to visit relitives.  See you all next week!
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 27, 2008, 01:11:08 pm »

I hope keldor is back soon.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 28, 2008, 03:45:44 am »

He's probably busy battling a Giant Turkey. Best not to interrupt until he's dealt with it.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 29, 2008, 02:52:38 am »

Whew, finally back!

Probably won't get an update up until tomorrow, though, as I just spent 15 hours in the car :P

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 29, 2008, 10:41:23 am »

Welcome back and ugh, that doesn't sound too fun!

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 30, 2008, 08:30:30 am »

Excerpts from the journal of Ustuth Elbellogem, King Consort:

20th Malachite, 1064:

Sazir Boltglowing the Dented Direction of Anguishing has truely distinguished herself.  After her sparring session with the Duke Consort was interrupted by that foul bronze colossus, she bravely jumped into battle.  Now, any dwarf can, and is expected to, jump into battle to defend her kin against impossible odds.  This in itself is no great distinction.  It's what she did next that has earned my respect, that she may be slightly higher than the lowly peasant.

As she fought, the colossus landed a blow, sending her sprawling into the mud.  Naturally, a lesser dwarf, some filthy peasant, would have continued fighting, for such creatures do not concern themselves with personal hygiene.  But Sazir was more noble that that.  She forsake the call of battle to change into a clean suit of armor, detesting the idea that she may be seen sullying the image of dwarfkind by battling in filthy apparel, a most noble action for one born so low.  My sweet tootsie would have been proud!

I have seen fit to reward her with the prestigious (for a mere peasant, at any rate) role as butler to the Duke Consort, that she may remind the peasantry of the glory that even they may aspire too.  Surely the dream of one day serving, in person, one of the upper classes shall be enough to inspire even the lowest to adequacy!

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 08:33:18 am by Keldor »

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist cancels return kill:Interrupted by zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 30, 2008, 05:12:39 pm »

So basically, the military managed to survive a colossus attack with one casualty, and yet when I tried to play, half of them died when they were facing a goblin ambush...

Damn you D20!!!
Perpeptual Motion Machines

Dwarf Fortress' way of saying "Up Yours!" to physics

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 01, 2008, 05:11:54 am »

It's the crossbows. When facing missile fire, dwarves feel obliged to go all Saving Private Ryan - lots of getting shot in slow motion. :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 01, 2008, 06:36:17 am »

Maybe we should make them watch John Woo films instead - lots of bullets flying, every bad guy armed with at least one machine gun, and yet the hero can stand in the middle of a hail of lead, untouched, raise his gun, fire off a single shot and kill the Big Bad Guy.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 02, 2008, 10:22:09 pm »

Excerpts from the journal of Endok Monangbesmar:

21st Malachite, 1064:

Jools wants Billon items made, and the tax collector is making a fuss about needing a rope reed bag in her office.  For what purpose eludes me.  Perhaps she needs somewhere to put all those coins she's been collecting?

Jools however is a problem all to himself.  Not only does he have a penchant for collecting the largest gems in the fortress (and for hammering any dwarf who cannot find more to satisfy him), but yesterday he threw a fit because his bedroom is no larger than any of the other former overseers!

The biggest problem we have, however, is the new Duchess Consort, with her mandate for adamantite.  Dresdor told me that there's no way we can possibly even hope to find any of the precious substance, and that the Duchess Consort is likely to have someone hammered because of this!  I hope she doesn't decide to hammer Valter, I like him.

Dresdor said that since Jools likes billon as well as floodgates that we should make him three floodgates made of billon.  That makes sense to me, though I don't know why he thought that the gates should then be installed in the Duchess Consort's room.  He told me something about if a consort to a noble should die, and there's another consort of the some type around, then the noble and the other consort are expected to wed, or something like that.  What that has to do with floodgates is beyond me, but I think it's a fine idea to make Jools some billon floodgates, so I think I'll go see about that.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 02, 2008, 11:13:53 pm »

9th Galena, 1064:

Building the abbey is hard work, especially since it's so cluttered down here!  Perhaps I should get a drink instead.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 02, 2008, 11:27:05 pm »

Excerpts from the journal of Estuth Elbellogem, King Consort:

12th Galena, 1064:

Alas and woe, for my sweet sweet son, Lolor Urvadakam has died!  The physician said that he died of dehydration, from not getting enough water.  Oh, had only my tootsie been here to help, for she would have known what his crying meant.  I so dearly wish she were here to guide me!

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 02, 2008, 11:42:41 pm »

18th Galena, 1064:

The miners tell me that they have finished digging the holes for the foundation of my great abbey.  Digging the holes!  Whyever they must dig down in order to build up makes no sense to me whatsoever!  Surely they are just trying to waste time.  After all, it has taken them an entire two seasons just to get this far!  If only my sweet tootsie were here, she'd soon have some sense knocked into them, oh yes!

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70