Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70

Author Topic: {succession/community} Kulettögum, Salt Mines Beneath the Mire  (Read 84405 times)

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: {succession} Kulettögum, Salt Mines Beneath the Mire
« Reply #525 on: November 16, 2008, 09:25:24 am »

Hehehehehehehehe. Could be worse, I suppose, it's not like it's tricky to sort out a few leather bucklers... I wonder what sort of demands the King Consort is going to have.

Also just a quick query - that new area protected by a channel - does it have any pools in it where alligator hatchlings spawn?

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 16, 2008, 09:34:34 am »

No, I seriously considered building the abbey over the Pool of Suicide, but decided that it was to close to the edge of the map to defend properly.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

rucksackjack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2008, 07:13:35 pm »

Not sure if you guys are still accepting new people at all, but please tack me on if so. =)

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 17, 2008, 08:51:42 pm »

Diary of Ustuth Elbellogem, King Consort:

12th Granite, 1064:

An entire week has passed, and still, my great abbey lies incomplete!  An entire week!  What would my tootsie think?  Today, that poorly bred excuse for a mayor, Dresik?  No, Dreador?  Nevermind the name, for to speak such a lowly name soils my tongue!  Nonetheless, this mere clerk, somehow bestowed a title he most assuredly does not deserve, has the impudence to tell me that the construction is to be delayed, citing a siege of goblins or some such rubbish!  I would have him beheaded for this, if only the sight of blood did not make my poor sensitive stomach roil in a most unpleasant way.

I have ordered the Royal Guard and the Fortress Guard to stand at my side, for if these foul goblins were to cause unrest among the populace, my safety must come first.  I am quite certian that our military is up to the task of slaying a few goblins in any case.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:55:08 pm by Keldor »

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 17, 2008, 09:11:08 pm »

Journal of Endok Monagbesmar:

15th Granite, 1064:

The battle has now started!  The first group of goblins broke and fled under a shower of bolts under the direction of our great champion, Zas Cogetes Bekartiristduthnur!

And such a showing of force!  Why, surely at least a quarter of our mighty marksdwarf squads are there firing upon the greenskins!  With such organization it is no wonder that we are winning!

The battle has however revealed a weakness in our western gatehouse.  A number of marksdwarves have complained that it's hard to get a clear shot at the oncoming hoard.  I shall have to take a look at this once the battle is over.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 17, 2008, 09:30:00 pm »

19th Granite, 1064:

The last of the goblins have been repulsed, though not without loss.  Our two most skilled marksdwarves lie dead, struck down after they bravely charged into battle once their bolts ran out.  We shall mourn the losses of Sarvesh Rovoddodók, elite marksdwarf and Zas Cogetes Bekartiristduthnur, Champion.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 17, 2008, 09:35:11 pm »

Journal of Ustuth Elbellogem, King Consort:

19th Granite, 1064:

Once again that lowly Duke Consort dares to slow my great project with petty mandates!  My sweet tootsie would know how to but him in his place, oh yes!  I so with that she were here with me right now.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 17, 2008, 10:08:11 pm »

5th Slate, 1064:

An entire month has passed yet still the only progress on the great abbey is the completion of the defensive trench!  Oh, would that my sweet tootsie were here.  She'd soon whip these layabouts into shape!

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 17, 2008, 10:41:20 pm »

Journal of Endok Monangbesmar:

13th Slate, 1064:

Progress on the Abbey goes well, despite the King Consort's absurd expectation that it be finished within a week of its starting.  The excavation for the structure's foundation is well under way, and although it will take some time for the fresh pits to reach bedrock, the rough shape of the massive building can already be made out.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 17, 2008, 11:41:04 pm »

4th Felsite, 1064:

Another Duke has arrived to take the place of whichever one was our last Duke or Duchess.  As might be expected, we also have another Duchess Consort to accommodate.

On a more positive note, they brought with them a small entourage of workers.

In addition, we already have suitable accommodations for the new nobles, as the previous inhabitants won't be needing their rooms any more.  We still will have to dig out new tombs, however.

Speaking of nobles' quarters, I've just discovered where all the large gems in the fortress have disappeared too...

[EDIT] There is also a large gem in each of his coffers.  Darned Duke Consorts! [/EDIT]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 11:42:58 pm by Keldor »

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 18, 2008, 12:37:32 am »

Journal of Ustuth Elbellogem, King Consort:

17th Felsite, 1064:

Not only has another of those middle-class born Duchesses arrived, but today she had the nerve to mandate adamantine items!  This is an insult!  Adamantite is reserved for ME alone!  And for my sweet tootsie, of course.  Oh were she but here to have this upstart Duchess hung! 

Oh but this is too much to stand!  Perhaps I can have the hammerer bring her somewhere far away to have her dealt with.  I would just turn my back, but I fear that the screams might sour in my ears.  Oh but isn't this a most dreadful conundrum!

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 18, 2008, 04:08:47 am »

Hahahahahahaha. Just when the Duke Consort starts demanding that you make large gems, and you can't think how it can get any worse, the new Duchess demands some adamantine stuff. Brilliant.

Oh, and welcome to the list, rucksackjack! Only 4 people between you and control of this fort... well, I think "controlling" this fort is going a bit far, given how many messes we've collectively made...

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 18, 2008, 05:04:11 am »

Oh dear, if she keeps that up you'd better get a move on with her tomb, as she'll be going mad soon. ;D

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 19, 2008, 01:19:02 pm »

I can only imagine what the King consort would think of a mucky old prole like Maggarg the Miner running the place.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 02:09:00 pm by Maggarg - Eater of chicke »
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 19, 2008, 01:49:10 pm »

I can only imagine what the queen consort would think of a mucky old prole like Maggarg the Miner running the place.

Erm. King Consort.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70