Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70

Author Topic: {succession/community} Kulettögum, Salt Mines Beneath the Mire  (Read 84486 times)

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: {succession} Kulettögum, Salt Mines Beneath the Mire
« Reply #450 on: October 07, 2008, 05:52:18 am »

Stuffing it full of large gems you've "acquired", then defending it with a heavily-armed weapon trap is an optional extra.

That said, there's now plenty of space in the various commoners tombs if you're not above being buried in a mural telling you to "WORK HARDER OR ELSE".

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist cancels return kill:Interrupted by zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 09, 2008, 10:49:09 am »

Hey, sorry there havn't really been much updates, computer completely screwed me up the past 2 days. I was going to tell you about it, but then my FORUM account screwed itself up.

Successful start :P

Anyhow, you should get an update later on today!

Also, does anyone have any idea how to upload pictures, I'm trying image shack, but it doesn't seem to be working, I just get a red X
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:07:29 am by ChazzyBurger »
Perpeptual Motion Machines

Dwarf Fortress' way of saying "Up Yours!" to physics

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 09, 2008, 11:26:32 am »

Yeah, my forum account was briefly glitchy too. Still, good that you've managed to overcome the difficulties and get somewhere. Also...

<Looks shifty>

A picture is worth a thousand words, but I like writing, so I just give people an extra thousand words. You could try imageshack or photobucket or something, though.

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 09, 2008, 04:30:57 pm »

Man, I can't even meet my OWN deadlines...

Sorry, something came up, and I could finish even a month, great progress I'm making...

Still, I'll give you what I have so far.

1st Granite 1063: My, oh, my, what a wonderful place! The birds are chirping, in the air is that fresh cut stone smell, and we are surrounded by trees!  Trees!!! That means we can cut them down, oh the fun we shall all have! I think I shall have a look around…

Some time later: OH THE HORROR!!! This place is a nightmare!!! Nobles want anything they can get their hands on, I can’t make sense of the layout and there are CARP in the river!!! Ooh, I’ll get rid of them… And I’ll cut them up with my butchers knife!!! Then they will know their torture!!! Worst of all, most of the fortress is OUTSIDE!!! Ohhh… I hope I don’t get quesy and vomit all over the nice decorative statues…

I have just met some of these darn nobles. They all seem ok, for nobles, except for one. The Hammerer. He scares me… 7 kills, all of whom are dwarves, one of which was a former leader!!! Oh, I hope he doesn’t move on me next… One look of that darn weapon makes me queasy…

I need to cut up some kittens…

2nd Granite 1063: Oh my, this is strange; Stukos Abanshetbêth has starting acting strangely… She’s claimed a mason shop, and is demanding items of all kinds!!! Why oh why must this happen on the day AFTER I get to this place!!! It seems as if it doesn’t WANT me to survive!!! Just in case, I’ve began to sort out where my tomb will be, I’d like to rest in piece, though hopefully not in pieces!!!

Oh, I’m sorry Diary, I’ve made a funny.

In other news, I’ve began to sort out my sleeping arrangements. What are the chances, when I got here; there was a room, all ready for me! Well, there wasn’t anything there, but I’ll soon sort that out! Ahhh, it feels good to be in charge…

3rd Granite 1063: Wow, everything seems to be happening at once, Thob Olinmes has become a Hammer Lord! Good to know that our military is up to date! In other news, I’ve ordered many puppies to be killed; the amount of animals here is deadly. I’ve heard that too many destroys your “FPS” whatever that is. I would personally prefer to be safe than sorry.

4th Granite 1063: Lot’s of updates here, I think I might be getting writers cramp!!! I inspected the Carp Catcher today. It leaves a lot to be… desired. A lot. More than an elf wishes to hump a tree. First of all, it’s done by manual labour, just to pump the water out! That won’t do, I will have to find a way to make that better… To the mechanic’s room!!!

10th Granite 1063: I’ve finished my plans!!! So has Stukos, it seems, she’s began some strange construction, and will let no-one near her, else they wish to feel her foot against their beard. And she’s strong! Anyhow, the carp catcher will now have a drainage system, with a self powered pumping system. And it will (hopefully) work!!! Still, hard labour will serve well, here, to the building!!!

12th Granite 1063: The River has run red!!! Oh… what a horrific place this is. Truly this is another omen against my leadership. What could have caused it? Was it the carp? Ooooh, I’ll get them if it’s the last thing I do. Which it most likely will be at this place… Why oh why did I come here. Why didn’t I stay at my lovely little Dwarf hole, with its nice big butcher shops…?

13th Granite 1063: Elves… Speaks for itself…

Woodcrafts, anyone?

14th Granite 1063: Stukos has finished her work!!! She calls it “Adron”, a Rock Salt Throne. It is covered in masterful artwork and is absolutely brilliant. I wish I could show other Dwarves it, but for some strange reason, Stukos says no, that her “Image Shack” isn’t working.

What a strange place this is…

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2008, 05:32:18 am »

Hehehehehehe. Welcome to Boatmu Kulettögum!

This place is a mess, but a glorious one, in my view.

Most crafting and stuff is done on sub-levels two and three, with a small number of workshops crammed in to a tiny space. There's some scattered masons workshops as well, but there's never been much organisation to the place. Other than that, it's all bedrooms, tombs, mining projects and aboveground follies.

Enjoy!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 11, 2008, 04:32:07 am »

If you're looking to see why we don't have many champions, look back at my year.
I managed to get about three of them killed because I didn't understand armies.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 11, 2008, 09:11:18 am »

We've got about a dozen Champions these days - though most of them are in the Guard, a bit of creative reassigning could easily give us an extremely powerful military force.

All we need now is a decent bit of construction to allow us to attack bowgoblin squads at short range.

As for not knowing how armies work, I've never exactly considered myself skilled in their use. It's all down to putting them on duty, marshalling them somewhere (ideally), then once you've got 4 or 5 good fighters together, charging.

Or if you're caught out by goblins ambushing you inside the gates, skip every part except the charging - and pray that the squad leader doesn't need a drink.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 11, 2008, 04:23:54 pm »

You just have to make sure that their marshalling spot has no line of sight out to the goblins, or else they will go running off to "kill" them.  "They" meaning the first dwarf to reach the position, and "kill" meaning dieing "heroically" in single combat against the hoard...

Also, unless you break out Dwarf Companion or something, I don't think it's possible to get those champians out of the guard and into the military :-(
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 13, 2008, 10:47:08 am »

Have you started on a ridiculously extravagant tomb yet?
I had to make some for omega, dresdor and valter because they didn't have any.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 13, 2008, 12:05:11 pm »

Yep, of course I've started on a tomb, it's almost needed in this place. In fact, I almost have it in mind to kill a couple of dwarves, the FPS is so bad  ;)

Yeah, no updates today, just posting to say I'm still around, expect a VERY large one tomorrow!!!

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #460 on: October 13, 2008, 12:09:01 pm »

The FPS issue is probably all the captured stuff in cages more than the dwarves.  Although butchering animals until you have just 2 of every one might serve your purposes better.

Oh and rig up a mechanism to drop all the goblins and beak dogs into the river to feed the carp.

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 14, 2008, 03:54:03 am »

Just so you know, disaster has struck, a champion has DIED :O

Why oh why does stuff have to happen when I do it...

Update soon!

ChazzyBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 14, 2008, 11:31:28 am »

Sorry for the double post guys, but I'm afraid I've got some bad news...

It turns out that my computer, the one I was playing on, has got a Trojan. I've had to wipe the entire thing, I've lost all the save data, work, everything.  :'(

Oh well, it was going to pot, 2 ambushes, 2 champions died, tantrum spiral, thing was going to pot! Still, most fun i've had in ages  :D

Yeah, don't worry about me, let the next person have a shot, i don't mind.

Just make sure your sister doesn't log in her email and open EVERYSINGLE THING there!

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 14, 2008, 01:20:09 pm »

I'll take a turn if you guys have a free spot (that 's what appears to be the case from the first post, anyway :)) I've never played a succession game before but hey, it sounds like fun (in the dwarven sense)

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 14, 2008, 02:35:21 pm »

Alright, Brendan, you're on the list!
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70