Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Skyseal! (4 player Bloodline game, recruiting.)  (Read 1951 times)

Stormlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skyseal! (4 player Bloodline game, recruiting.)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 05:35:00 pm »

Alright, I'll get this started.

HFS is in the bottom left tile. Advisable to avoid until such a time as massive failsafe collapse can be engineered. I'll make the necessary changes to our dwarves and start a new thread for the actual log of our glorious victory over gravity and the rest of the world. I'll leave the construction of any personal quarters to their respective owners unless requested.

I'm going to leave the pop cap off I think, my most recent fortress I've used it on seems to have lost it's ability to acquire immigrants. Might have more to do with the immigrant:death ratio, but I figure we can always execute excess dwarves. I might even have a suitable chamber made up for the purpose by the end of my turn.

P.S. I consider syrup a valid food item because cooking syrup would still leave you with piles of sugar>calories>actual (decadent) food. Cooking booze results in... slight flavor.

P.P.S. Been a while since I've found anyone who can correct my writing, I appreciate it.  ;)

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »

P.P.S: HeheharharHAHAhueyhoyhe!

Two... horrible... one... sentence! *gibbers*
You say a sentence, then a comma, then another sentence. A comma isn't enough; you need a semicolon instead or a coordinating conjunction.
I see, "my most recent fortress I've used it on seems to have lost it is ability to acquire immigrants." "lost it is ability"? That's "lost its ability."

----

I admit, I've never actually mined to HFS in 3D, but I know the horrific stories and I shall avoid it.

Pop cap off? The Chamber of Armok shall have much use.

So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 12:40:00 am »

This is quite entertaining.

My grammar advice, use the FANBOYS;!
I disliked a lot of accelerated english 10.
Enjoyed some too though.

If we're still looking for people . . .

I have little experience with big projects (except walls) but very rarely kill off all my dwarves.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Run Comrades

• Bay Watcher
  • Jovian Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/acylon
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 09:55:32 am »

Decided to post this in recruiting page, but it's A Fey Dwarf's turn right?  Have you started yet?  Just wondering cause I haven't seen an update in a bit.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 10:58:15 pm »

Decided to post this in recruiting page, but it's A Fey Dwarf's turn right?  Have you started yet?  Just wondering cause I haven't seen an update in a bit.

What? Where is the save file? I had no idea you guys were waiting on me, however I wont be able to play this weekend as I am at a LAN party. Maybe i'll start my turn on Monday.

EDIT} a question: What is your ruling with weapon traps, is this to be a strictly no traps fortress?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 11:12:35 pm by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Stormlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 03:41:53 am »

Savok had started his turn on the other thread I made before the forum switch, but I haven't heard from him since then. If he takes too long we can skip past him, but he's got a few more days.

And no weapon/stonefall traps, or mass cage traps. 2 or 3 at the most. Bridge flingy lava incineration devices, lever triggered hallways of suffering, etc, are fine however. If you really just can't handle them at all, wall yourself up in the fortress and leave the seige out there for the next guy, it'll be a fun challenge. ;D

Edit: It seems he finished his turn by editing his post, which didn't bump the thread and confused the hell out of me. Dain's turn is up, the save file is linked in the story thread, which is on the second page of the forum.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:46:35 am by Stormlock »

Stormlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 04:29:09 pm »

Sav is going to be unable to remain with us for the rest of the project, so I'm looking for another dwarf to join up. Priority will be given to anyone who asked ahead of time, but if they haven't shown any interest after a few days it'll be first come first serve. You can read the main thread to get an idea of where we are at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 06:42:34 pm »

I've always wanted to be part of a bloodline game.  I'll put my name in for consideration, if the people who asked before don't show.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Stormlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 09:00:06 pm »

You're the only contender so far. Keep an eye on the game, you'll have the next turn after mine if Yami doesn't show up.
Pages: 1 [2]