Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: the Dwarven Tournament - 1 round has started  (Read 20220 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: the Dwarven Tournament - 1 round has started
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2008, 04:46:00 pm »

This shouldn't be too hard, ill finish the time in a few days, maximum.

After examining the map, I realized it has nothing, no glaciers bordering mountains, and little to no exposed magma in a mountain with flux. Terrible map with only a few spots worth embarking on.

[ April 13, 2008: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »

So, go and play a challenging site!

I've embarked in a magma-less(to my knowledge) area with a single layer aquifer. It's a desert, too, so not a lot of trees.

Currently, I've finished penetrating the aquifer during the summer(263(I think) used units of power, out of 400 total), and finished trading with the autumn caravan. Can't play more, though.

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »

How are we supposed to know if there is magma under the surface without using a regional prospector. Save for running into it.

Eh, well regardless. I'm going to pick the only portion of the map with a haunted Glacier and magma, "The Glacier of Wallowing". Which is directly on the edge of the Mirthful tundra "Winter of Gliding".

Sadly, unicorns will not spawn this far north.    :(

Embark Points:
Aquifer Freezing x2 Levels: +12p
Undead Biome: +10
No Trees: +30

That should be correct, no?
Edit: No freshwater +20.

If so, then I present the site of Egur Ziril: The Sorrow of Fires

Edit:  I forgot to show a screen with the double aquifer. However, my savefile will definatly show it with the massive ice pit I was forced to dig to get past the wall of water. (Fastest I've ever broken though an aquifer too, only took a month :O)

[ April 13, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

[ April 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Oracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »

Awww, I was looking forward to being given the starting map, Oh well  :(

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2008, 06:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Boksi:
<STRONG>So, go and play a challenging site!
</STRONG>

I never said none of the maps are challenging, just very few places are worth going to, especially since there's maybe three glacier tiles in the whole map, and one small haunted tundra.

Also the distinct lack of Marble-Layered mountains is disturbing.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2008, 08:23:00 pm »

I dint know if we can ask questions but...

Do my traps underwater count?  They do function and were formerly my fish farm but a shoe from a guy that fell of the bridge and died jammed the floodgate system now the area has been deemed temporarily unuseable by our seddlment leader(me)....

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »

The Burdens of Finding are currently scouting around for a nice, flat, simple place to build the Stone Table.  Which in this case happens to be the largest dining table designed by dwarves, as far as they know.  It must be an artifact, too, considering that food naturally grows on the surface.  Of course that's nothing compared to what they have planned for the tunnels that will surround it.

Certainly a paradise for mining.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2008, 07:56:00 pm »

Well if the traps work... I guess they are functioning traps.

On the bright side, you now have a GIANT fish farm.

..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2008, 12:26:00 am »

My haunted glacier does not appear to have any undead in it. Just ice wolves. Will I lose the ten embark points for an undead biome because of that? (Really it's not my fault   :(, but luck is luck.

Also, does the King/Queen not count as a noble? You left them from the list.

[ April 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Tigerbunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 06:28:00 am »

I'm with Lemnx, if the traps are working...

I forgot the King, but I doubt anybody will get him so fast...
The map DOES have some really cool spots. Glaciers are boooring, and dont give points too though  ;) Additionally Marble isn't the only existing flux.

We will see whether the undead biome without undead will count. It's a typical jury decision in my opinion.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2008, 06:32:00 am »

Tundra with a double aquifer does though, which more than half of my map has.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2008, 07:43:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerbunny:
<STRONG>I'm with Lemnx, if the traps are working...

I forgot the King, but I doubt anybody will get him so fast...
The map DOES have some really cool spots. Glaciers are boooring, and dont give points too though   ;) Additionally Marble isn't the only existing flux.

We will see whether the undead biome without undead will count. It's a typical jury decision in my opinion.</STRONG>

some of the critters you can encounter in evil biomes that aren't undead are far more terrifying than the undead
blizzard men... oh god

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2008, 04:50:00 pm »

Say, what's the name of the world? I generated it myself, and I want to be sure that I generated the right one, heh.

Doh! My first fort, going oh so very well, better than most others, wiped out by a single Giant Bat! Curse you, Sirabsibnir!

[ April 15, 2008: Message edited by: Abyss ]

Tigerbunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »

The name of the world is "Strasp sūttu".

I noticed today that the date the final will take place falls together with the week of my final exams...
So probably there will be a free week between the semifinal and the final.
Hope that's no problem.

We want more journals!  :)

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »

If anyone is having trouble finding a spot do some searching around the Volcano in the lower right-ish area. Its one of those volcanos with a ^ tile surrounded by mountain tiles in a square. There is a lot of flux mixed in there.

After embarking a few times I found an area with underground magma next to a brook. Also has dolomite and marble and sand. From the initial architecture value I am pretty sure there are no pits though.

Currently at the very end of year 2. We can play all the way through 5 years right? EG: the autosave at the end of the 5th year would be the final possible moment?

I figure I have a lot of points to make up from the rather forgiving starting area though.

Edit: Also my second artifact was a Pig Tail Thong. Midnight blue. With an images of a dwarf surrounded by other dwarves.

[ April 16, 2008: Message edited by: Riemann ]

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16