Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: the Dwarven Tournament - 1 round has started  (Read 20221 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the Dwarven Tournament - 1 round has started
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2008, 09:57:00 pm »

Yeah, I mentioned that.

However, considering the best military material I have is bronze... well...

I'm very glad that Kobalds die easily.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »

Keep up the good work, contestants.
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2008, 06:31:00 pm »

Thanks! My trap system is nearing completion. With luck it'll be done by the end of year 4. I'm in the middle of year 3 right now. I also got lucky with an artifact: electrum, gold, obsidian, and several gems all cobbled into a single bracelet worth about 150k monies. My primary goal is to become an industrial giant, winning out through points in architecture, furniture, and other objects instead of through murals or military.
quot;I guess all of the fairy tales were about people having their crap stolen." -Toady One

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2008, 06:41:00 pm »

*cough*

Is it a bad thing that ALL of my shops are owned by my recently elected Mayor...?

Communist Dwarf Fortress Indeed.

*edit* it also happens that my new Mayor is the one of the original six with the most friends, a lover, and is my legendary miner (making him a millionaire, if he wasn't already legendary...)

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2008, 10:55:00 am »

THREE HOUR TOUR!!    :(

Man, I'm discovering just how rusty I am...and/or how bad I always was.  But mostly sucking at planning.  Still think this will go alright for me, it just won't have nearly the elaborate mining job I'd hoped.  And being at Spring 1053...well, next time I'll try a small site, if that works out to be possible.

At this point, I think I'm going to raise the bridge and block off the Table for good...trade is unnecessary.  Though I really wish now that I'd been smart enough to keep some sand inside.  Oh well

[ April 23, 2008: Message edited by: Sowelu ]

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2008, 07:51:00 pm »

I suppose it would be demoralizing to mention that I've bought out the last two years worth of caravan goods. Huh?

I've got a year and a half yet, and things have slowed down so much that this fotress nearly rivals Roarirons for lag. (Nearly... but not quite). The only thing keeping me sane are the wonderful deathmatches between my pet dragon, goblins, and my two pet polar bears.  :D

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2008, 08:36:00 pm »

Pet dragon! No fair! I want one!

Also, I would not be demoralized at all by you buying out caravans. I'm so full of  trade goods that I'm just about to drown in them. Also, I've got possibly the most complex architectural trap arrangement that man has ever seen.

quot;I guess all of the fairy tales were about people having their crap stolen." -Toady One

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2008, 09:01:00 pm »

Actually, I was referring to Sowelu and his poor table.

Yeah, pet dragons are cool. As are pet polar bears. ^^

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »

I am so outclassed  :(

I think that if I am going to manage to even stay in, it'll probably because of a forest's worth of wooden cage traps, which so far have caught two goblin ambushes and a giant bat.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »

Bah!  The dwarves of the Stone Table don't NEED trade!  Trade is a waste of dwarves who could be digging, engraving, or building statues.  While food might be nice, a couple statues will buy all the food we need quite effectively.

I'm projecting somewhere around a million monies worth of architecture.  Though I might be off by a factor of 2 or so.  I'm really hoping no dragons show up...Considering that the Table is open to the air, it might be a wee bit disasterous.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »

the whole tread makes me laugh.

What happened that woke that much ambition at once ?

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Tigerbunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2008, 04:17:00 pm »

it was a bunny...

...joke

General Valter you'll glad to hear that pointcorrections will SURELY happen in the actual first round. It's the first tournament, we have not enough expirience and so on the magnetical field of the earth is changing bla bla bla. This weekend we will finally see where we made some mistakes with the points.
Oh... Wrestlers still do not count, dwarven hands are no weapons, at least if you did not name all your dwarfs Chuck Norris.

I just hope most contestants know that the Jury will work hard to make it fair for everybody.
Don't forget to upload the file and give us the link until sunday.
Would be cool if you are able to tell us your startlocations too though.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2008, 04:28:00 pm »

Keep up the work! I am really excited to see what you all can think of!
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2008, 05:55:00 pm »

SUNDAY IS TEH DEADLINE EH?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2008, 09:08:00 pm »

Start of year 4: 26 immigrants arrive. Just for novelty, I assign a fully manned fortress guard and captain of the guard. Half of the peasants I got just got thrown into fishing because every single other job in the fortress has 7 or 8 far more skilled at it already. I think this is now the biggest fortress I've ever manned (I usually lose focus around year 4 and abandon)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16