Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Histories of felony and murder. Seven dwarves brigand ch  (Read 10219 times)

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Histories of felony and murder. Seven dwarves brigand ch
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2007, 03:45:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ParrotPatrol:
<STRONG>I WAS KILLED BY A ROCK?! UNCOOL! UNCOOL!     :(   Damn you Flok!     :mad:</STRONG>
Hey, it's your own damn fault for not paying attention! I died too!

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »

I like these stories  :)

It's uncommon to have stories that focus on the bad guy(s), and I think there should be more of them. Glad to see another story contributing to that area.

Daniel Charms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
<STRONG>We rigged up an automated spear stabbing trap thing... Mummu knows more about what it's called, but in any case, we can now kill the beast from a safe distance.

Talk about modern technology!</STRONG>

It's called an auto-stabber. It was recently invented by a lazy hammerer in the Mountainhome. His hands got tired of hammering all the time, so he came up with something to make his work easier - an auto-hammerer. Mummu copied his design, replacing the hammer with something pointed (do we even have any hammers?).

Daniel Charms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2007, 05:11:00 pm »

WRT immigrants, I think we could let one or two live. If a caravan has to leave alive for this, then it should be a dwarven one - but no trading should take place; instead, they should be loaded up with some of the stuff we have managed to take from the other merchants. It's about time the cloaked one started to demand payments, and it's got to be hauled away somehow.

The newcomers could be messengers of the cloaked guy, sent here to keep an eye on us. They could be housed aboveground and killed in every two years or so  :D

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2007, 07:19:00 pm »

If you decide to hire-ahem-use any immigrants, I'm in!

Name: Helm

I guess he does whatever he's told...but maybe the slaves could be suicidal elf-killers!
For instance, an elf (or anything) survives the Great Fall, but you don't want to risk any veterans, then a couple of new 'recruit slaves' could go wipe them out. In case we lose, it doesn't matter cause were slaves! Just an idea.   :p

Detritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2007, 09:26:00 pm »

This stuff is great, really an enjoyment to read and follow the story and progress.  :)

I do have a suggestion, too. Should you decide to accept migrants as slave workers, would it be possible to set up a slave labor area? By this I mean an isolated pit, with a possible well. No food, other than the ones you designate your original dwarves to dump there, and the slaves can fight for the little drops of mercy. Then just another area which you can reach by retractable drawbridges or mechanism opened doors, where the slaves are ordered to bring all their products, so they may yet to receive another drop of mercy in a shape of food.

Doesn't matter if they die out of hunger, or go crazy. It'd be quite desireable.  ;)

Optimist drowns in a half-full tub.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2007, 02:23:00 am »

Detritus: The problem there, is that all the hauling is inside the main areas.

That said, if there are slave-haulers, we'll require more food supplies. Good thing some of those migrants are going to be planters.

We can keep the bandits as soldiers, to keep order.
Any prisoners will instantly be executed by a series of traps, unless they themselves are a bandit.

But there will be no escape options presented to them. It would give us something to do with all the cloth we've stolen, though.
Basically it would let the bandits live in luxury while not actually doing any work.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2007, 06:54:00 am »

Hehe, if any nobles should be unfortunate enough to show up... you could "kidnap and hold them for ransom" in a pit. We can time how long it takes them to go insane  :D

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2007, 08:14:00 am »

Haha, Throw em a half rotten peice of hippo meat every now and then.

Werdnari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2007, 09:23:00 am »

Dactylatra would still be allowed to take up weaponsmithing and craft that artifact spear, yes?

"Must *twitch* make *twitch* spear *twitch*."

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2007, 10:19:00 am »

I'll see what I can do about the weaponsmithing.
We're running kind of low on wood, but there's no reason I can't make it so Dactylatra is the only one using the forge.

Syndlig

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2007, 06:59:00 pm »

Well, if you guys decide to allow slaves, I totally want to be in on this.

Name:  "Sinesh"
Gender:  Male preferred, but if you kill off all the guys I'll take a female.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2007, 07:31:00 pm »

Here's another slave for you...

"Jax the Unclean"

My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2007, 10:47:00 pm »

The diary of Psycho. 1st of Limestone.
Autumn arrives, and with it the dwarven caravan will surely be making its rounds. Well, a new one will be, anyway.

As I look around here, I cannot help but be impressed. With only five of us remaining, the going is slow. Food is becoming scarce, but that's what the caravan will help us with, surely.

In any case, we can always hunt.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2007, 11:20:00 pm »

An accounting of events on the 20th of Limestone.

A westward wind brought the dwarven trading caravan. They were understandably nervous, since nobody had come back from this route so far.

Regardless, they were here now, and they began unloading their precious goods.

As was the usual course, Dactylatra went to pull the lever that would surely doom the traders. As her hand reach for it, however, she felt another grip her arm.
Turning, she looked into the eyes of Mummu.

"What is this?" growled Dactylatra.
"I don't think we should do this this time." replied Mummu.
"Why? It is our mandate!"
"Maybe, but it would perhaps be to our advantage to let word spread of our 'wealth' here. Let us meet in council."

And with that, a council was called, in the small room that had been created for just this purpose.

There the five remaining brigands met.
Psycho leaned relaxed against a nearby wall.
"Why the meeting? We've never had to do this before." she asked.
"I think Mummu's gone soft." said Dactylatra, shooting a meaningful glance at Mummu.
Mummu gave her a glare.
"I have not gone soft."
"Then why not kill them and be done with it? Letting them sit up there seems... meaner, somehow." said Bullion.
"Because we need them alive." said Mummu simply.
"Our mandate is that they die and we take their things!" snarled Wulfgar, pounding his fist on the table, "Do you want us to risk death? For what?"
"Because we need help here. We need to attract more workers."
"I think we've done pretty well here on our own. We've made a magnificent fortress." says Dactylatra, with pride.
Psycho laughs at this. "Were you raised in a ditch, Dacty? This place is just... unkempt. Look at all the loose stone everywhere? It's hideous. And the rooms we ourselves live in? They are huge, yes, but are little more than poorly excavated caverns. You call that magnificent? I call you a fool!"
"She's right," agrees Wulfgar, "this is a hellhole. And we ourselves do not have the numbers to make it better. Or the skills."

There was a moments silence.
"And that, my comrades, is why we need slaves." states Mummu.
"An interesting proposal. We capture the traders?" asks Psycho.
"That would be stupid, they have soldiers in their number!" says Bullion.
"Indeed. We trade with them. And then we let them go." says Mummu.
"And this attracts dwarves seeking a better life?" asks Bullion.
"It's deliciously ironic!" laughs Psycho. "Let it be done. I don't care who trades with them, just grab whatever you think we'll need. It's not like we can't pay for it!"

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13