Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Zirilzuntīr - FireAnvil - The Forge of war (Community Fo  (Read 18311 times)

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
Re: Zirilzuntīr - FireAnvil - The Forge of war (Community Fo
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2008, 12:04:47 pm »

~~~Diary of Besmar Melbilamal, Army supply officer, 1061~~~

-26th of Moonstone

The marksdwarf who lead the last migrant influx here, Zak, has become increasingly melancholy. I have seen him loitering by one of our Craftsdwarf shops which I have ordered shut down until such time as our healthcare crisis is resolved. I would speak with him, but he seems to not be causing any trouble, meanwhile some of our pig iron bars have disappeared, and I need to look into it as these items are vital to our mission here.

-Supplemental

Ingish, one of our hammerdwarves, died of thirst. What is going on with our healthcare system? We have several wounded dwarves and several healthy ones assigned to take care of them, but in the middle of their task they stop and stand there, vacant-eyed… Is this witchcraft?!

-28th of MoonStone

Zak barged into my office today as I was having a meeting with Bob the medic about the disturbing disease that has taken hold of our healthcare professionals. He carried with him a toy that… well, which radiated with craftsdwarfship of the likes I have never seen! He named the toy Likot Volal, the Inkes of Whiteness. I found this to be a little odd, since the felsite toy axe was neither white nor inky in any manner. My keen tradesdwarf’s eye values it at 44400, but I would never ship this trinket anywhere in the world. It is encrusted with alunite and shell opal, studded with pig iron and encircled with bands of alunite. It menaces with spikes of Felsite. On the item is an image of a goblin and a dwarf in pig iron. The dwarf is striking down the goblin. On the item is an image of a dwarf and dwarves in perch bone. The dwarf is surrounded by the dwarves. On the item is an image of a dwarf and dwarves in pig tail. The Dwarf is surrounded by the dwarves.

Bob and I sat speechless for several moments while Zak explained the glorious work to us.

The image of a goblin and a dwarf in pig iron, in which the dwarf is striking down the goblin, is one of the cleanest cut images of Ustuth the Carpenter with his burly fists gripping the head of a freshly slain goblin, as many did witness occurring on the steppes outside the great magma pipe.

The image of a dwarf and dwarves in perch bone, in which the dwarf is surrounded by dwarves, is a fairly accurate account of the statue of Boatsmoke and the day in which we paid our respects.

The final image of a dwarf surrounded by dwarves in pig tail is of Zak himself, holding a miniature version of his new toy axe high for all to view. Ordinarily I would consider this to be the highest form of self-centered boasting, but… well, you’d have to see the damn toy axe! It’s brilliant!

I imagine Zak will get his wish soon.
DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2008, 05:02:42 pm »

Yeah!! That is one hell of an awesome artifact!

Damn i'm glad to have joined this thread!  ;D

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2008, 10:52:19 am »

=Events as they occurred, 29th of Moonstone, 1061=

Bob plucked another of the wafer-thin mushroom caps from a clear glass flask with a pair of iron tongs, and deposited it on the tongue of Ghib, who looked down his nose at the pale red and bitter tasting mushroom with disdain.

“Chew it for thirty seconds then spit it onto the floor. Don’t get any on your hands and for As’s sake don’t swallow it.” Bob moved down the line of seventy-some dwarves who had come at the demand of Besmar to try this new remedy for what people had come to call “The Apathetic Nurse Syndrome”.  Bob had spent many hours working on a cure, and he was now confident that the issues present in the healthcare system would go away once the mushroom’s subtle toxins had killed off the tiny insects living under the tongues of every dwarf in Zirilzuntīr.

“So… There are insects IN my mouth?” Ruefus’s face twisted with disgust as Bob approached her with the dried “Paleflame” mushroom cap. As a child, her parents taught her never to go near the mushrooms, which would glow when exposed to moisture. Ruefus glanced to her left, where a half dozen dwarves were noisily chewing, their faces twisted in torment. As each one spit the contents onto the floor, she could almost see legs moving in the glowing red goop.

“That’s right m’lady. Just chew this; it’ll get rid of the bugs.”

Ruefus closed her eyes and held out her tongue.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:22:16 pm by DoctrZombie »
DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2008, 12:55:56 am »

“The Apathetic Nurse Syndrome”

I laughed at that. So I take it that the nurses are now nursing the wounded? How many did we lose to ANS?

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2008, 06:32:59 am »

2. Of course ANS itself isn't fatal, it's only fatal to our soldiers who were wounded during battle and never got food or water. I wish I had known about the bug sooner; I would have waited for the patch before wondering why people were dying while others were idle.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2008, 03:23:36 pm »

~~~Diary of Besmar Melbilamal, Army supply officer, 1061~~~

-3rd of Obsidian

One of our guards, Ast Ilotar, took a fatal wound today while sparring and bled to death on the floor. It is both a sign of carelessness and a sign that our militia has become a brutally deadly force, even when in practice.

-18th of Obsidian
Two of our babies have grown to become children. In time, Children will grow to become warriors. This gives me high hopes for the future of our clan.

-1st of Granite, 1062

I have prepared and presented the first of the year report for all to see. I believe we are doing well here, but I need to make sure we have the steel available for the armors for our King come time of the next caravan.

Ghib

• Bay Watcher
  • CATAPULTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2008, 10:23:20 am »

Oooh, you might get Siege'd soon  ;D

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2008, 08:41:30 am »

I am so not prepared for a siege =p

Hadriel

• Bay Watcher
  • M- Medic?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2008, 10:24:53 am »

Hopefully you're training your soldiers to become one bad ass army, try to make the first battle epic if you can. :)
Urist McDwarf: 'Ey, Kogan. You're now known as Assbutt in human.
Kogan McDwarf: Damnit!
"Urist McMayor likes copper for its lustre, giant olms, and talking to small pebbles.  He has trouble opening doors.  He needs alcohol to get through breakfast."

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2008, 10:24:26 am »

I'm hoping that a siege will come from one of the points in which they have been known to ambush from--where the towers are; so that my 3 marksdwarves at each tower can pick off a good number before they reach the gate, where our third squad (including our Hammerlord Sibrek, who is alone a force to be reckoned with) will pick off the reaminders.

my problems are this: I'm having enough trouble keeping the fortress running with only 9 soldiers out of 70. I believe I have 3 or 4 guards as well, but I'm sure that isn't nearly enough for a siege. (No champions, so siege engines, and no "lords" other than Sibrek)

Also I can't get my dumb army to drop the copper weapons and armor they're carrying and replace it with steel.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:32:23 am by DoctrZombie »

Ghib

• Bay Watcher
  • CATAPULTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2008, 02:37:22 pm »

Have you tried forbidding the copper weapons?

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2008, 06:19:58 am »

I did, and they continue to carry them around as though there were nothing wrong. Do they have to be on duty / off duty?

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2008, 09:19:17 am »

~~~Diary of Besmar Melbilamal, Army supply officer, 1062~~~

-4th of Granite

The Elves have arrived again, bringing their forest with them. I typically don’t look forward to their arrival, but buying their “gently euthanized” tree logs is a lot quicker and cheaper than sending our men and women out to cut down the ones we own. I always have to tell them that we will be turning the wood into something beautiful and majestic, and they always buy it, because we have magma to fuel our forges. Apparently the concept of smelting steel is lost upon them… If they knew that most of their precious wood was turned into charcoal… that would get their leafy knickers in a bunch! As far as I’m concerned a goblin head on the end of a steel pike is plenty beautiful and majestic.

Ghib has reminded me again that I promised him a set of shiny catapults. I told him that Catapults would be useless without an appropriate direction to fire them, but he came up with an elaborate plan involving funneling goblins into a tunnel and then pelting them with boulders. I admit that even my beard curled a little bit at the thought of goblin brains splattered all over our front lawn, but I reminded him we currently had more important matters to address, like the lack of any steel plate mails.

A trip to the armory revealed that we have more than our share of steel weapons and armor that is NOT intended to make its trip to the homeland, so I ordered our militia to equip themselves thusly, except for the crossbowmen. No sense in wasting good steel on crossbows, only on bolts! I would hate to melt down any of our current stockpile of weapons, but as the arrival of the dwarven merchants gets closer, the priority is in delivering our promised goods home.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2008, 07:08:51 am »

You're... 'trading' with the elves? I'll have to try that next time I start a fortress...

Also, how is my armourer going? Was he injured from the imp or is he still pumping out suits?

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2008, 08:38:15 am »

The imp did suprisingly little damage for somthing that throws fire around. I believe we will make our 2 suits of steel plate with ease.

Of course, I could know somthing you don't =D
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19