Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Zirilzuntīr - FireAnvil - The Forge of war (Community Fo  (Read 18289 times)

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zirilzunt
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2008, 06:48:16 pm »

*pokes a damaged-looking thread*
Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zirilzunt
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2008, 11:40:41 pm »

Looks at damaged thread and pulls out tape.

You there Doc?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
Re: Zirilzuntīr - FireAnvil - The Forge of war (Community Fo
« Reply #257 on: November 03, 2008, 12:13:16 pm »

Aye, I'm here. I've been super busy since the wedding, and was in the carribean all week enjoying the honeymoon  ;D Starting...wednesday, I hope, we will resume normal story posts!
DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 03, 2008, 12:36:02 pm »

Well, I would like to request a dwarf, if possible.
A male dwarf called maggarg, any profession will do.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 03, 2008, 10:14:10 pm »

Aye, I'm here. I've been super busy since the wedding, and was in the carribean all week enjoying the honeymoon  ;D Starting...wednesday, I hope, we will resume normal story posts!

Yay!

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2008, 11:17:53 am »

~~~Diary of Besmar Melbilamal, Army supply officer, 1063~~~

-15th of Felsite
Our tax collector, Litast Oreshtan, has mandated that we immediately forge 3 suits of plate mail for use within our militia or shipment to the King’s forces. He did not, however, specify what material the armor needed to be smelted from. We may be able to use this loophole to get around this demand without severe impact on our production schedule.

-17th of Felsite
One of the more reclusive dwarves, Morul Dumatborik, has taken control of our one leather working shop and demanded freshly tanned leather to be delivered to him for some project. Unfortunately, all of our leather has been used up making quivers and waterskins for our militia…

I fear for his sanity.

=Events as they occurred, 11th of Hematite, 1063=

As the hard smoothed brick stone slid into place, finishing the stone wall of the ground floor of what Khamero would use to drop goblin captives to their watery doom, Khamero let out a long sigh. A hard day’s work was enough to bring a smile to any dwarven face, but looking to the east toward the arena, he only scowled. With all of the masons being needed to build the viewing stands, he was left to build his execution tower on his own. Tired and thirsty, he began his trek to the great imposing arena to meet up with some friends for a drink.

“Oy, Ghib! Enough is enough!” Khamero put his dumpy hands together to amplify his voice so that the dwarves above could hear him from several floors below. As he thought of that first delicious gulp of prickle berry wine, his stomach grumbled. “Put the last stone in and get down here! The ale house is callin’ us, can’t ye hear it?!”

In the distance Ghib did hear something, but from the east, not the west. He and the other dwarves stood up and searched the horizon. In the bright noon sunlight, making no attempt to hide, swarms of iron clad goblins made their way fast across the open plains, blowing conch shell horns to signal and coordinate their attack. Ghib dropped a brick to the ground, and turned to run, yelling as the other dwarves all followed suit.

“A vile force of darkness has arrived!”
DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 07, 2008, 10:24:47 am »

=Events as they occurred, 12th of Hematite, 1063=

Besmar fought against the tide of dwarven civilians who were pushing past him on the stairs, crying out as he not-so-gently shoved past. “Out of the way! To the cellars with ye! Every dwarf without a polished weapon get behind the gates, damnit!” Ringing in his ears were the loud warning gongs and the voices of frightened dwarves, but in the distance Besmar could pick up the sound of Goblin horns, and of battle.

Oddom Ducimvuthil released the trigger on his bronze crossbow, sending a copper bolt into the right palm of the axegoblin closest to him. Ngom Urarox let out a cry of anguish as he dropped his iron shield to the stone earth, but kept charging on. Oddom was no recruit, and before Ngom closed in on him two more bolts struck the greenskin in the upper chest, killing him. There was little time to rest, for where Ngom fell two more goblins took his place. Although unarmed, Oddom knew the ferocity of the beasts even bare handed was enough to kill a dwarf. He took a shot, and heard a depressed thunking from his weapon.

Looking down, a copper bolt had jammed into the exit point of the crossbow, nearly split in two. Oddom didn’t have time to fix it, as the vile fiends were upon him.

Nako Omospstosbub "Vilehates" reached out to grasp for Oddom’s neck, but yelped out when his bones were crushed by a swirling crossbow. Cradling his useless hand left him open for a second bash. Although not fatal, Nako saw the fury welling up inside the dwarf, and knew death was coming. He turned to flee, screaming his retreat.

As he fled past the other goblins, Nako was unfortunate enough to move past Song “ScribedWraiths” Gusnomato, a goblin axeman who easily towered a foot above the rest of the army. With a swipe of his great iron cleaver, Nako’s guts spilled to the earth. The goblin tried to protest, but only blood came from his lips as he tumbled onto the always warm stone of Zirilzuntīr. ScribedWraiths yelled at the rest of the army, who had begun to falter in face of one dwarven marksman.

“Every goblin here kills here or dies here!” With an outstretched arm he shoved one of the goblins that had slowed pace back into the fray. “By my hand or theirs, your blood will spill! RAAGGGH!!”

Oddom stood against four goblins with only his jammed crossbow flailing into the crowd. Just as he was about to be surrounded, a whistling noise flew through the air and was met by a yelp and shower of blood. A copper bolt stuck out of the left temple of one of the foul greenskin wrestlers. Logem Libashamid wasted no time in reloading, as his wardogs rushed past to aid in Oddom’s battle. Worried that he would accidentally shoot his friend, Logem turned his crossbow to the goblin marksman who felt little compassion for his kin, and was firing bolts into the crowd of dogs and goblins.

With goblin blood on his cleaver, Song strode past the melee of dogs and goblins, raising his weapon high and cursing as he came down upon Oddom. “Die, Dwograt!” Oddom spit at the ancient goblin curse word for a dwarf, as he raised his bronze crossbow up as a shield. Oddom was stalwart, but Song’s ferocious swings soon landed, sending him flying through the air with his severed right forearm flying behind him. With a sickening crunch, Oddom slammed into the rocky ground and was no more.

Song had little time to celebrate his victory, as the pack of dogs tore into his flank. One heavy dog leaped onto Song’s body, pulling him down, as another latched its teeth around his skull. Song swung his cleaver wildly as he screamed with rage, catching one of the dogs critically in the neck. With a ripping, gurgling noise the screams were silenced, and Song’s head was tossed into the air in a fever of victory.

In spite of the wall of teeth and claws, the goblin axmen and wrestlers were gaining ground against the hounds. Soon after Logem had felled the enemy marksgoblin with his well placed bolts, the main forces were upon him. He had no room to shoot, and so resorted to using his crossbow as a club.
Goblin wrestlers bit and swing their bony fists at Logem, who took more than his share of hits. Shrugging off a jab in the leg, he smashed his copper crossbow into the goblin’s stomach, causing the creature to lurch forward gasping for breath. Gripping a copper bolt from his quiver, he stabbed the goblin twice in the face before kicking at its legs. The wrestler stumbled to the earth, and the dogs finished it off.

The remaining goblin tackled Logem to the ground, forcing him to drop his crossbow. Locked in a grapple, Logem and the goblin choked, punched, kicked and clawed at each other. All around him the dwarves and dogs were gaining ground, and as Logem stood slowly, covered in blood, dirt, and sweat, he grinned through his bloody teeth and surveyed the battle through a swollen black eye. As the remaining goblins were massacred, Logem knew his home would not be taken today.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 07, 2008, 03:37:32 pm »

Though it cost us dearly, we have driven off the goblins. May our honored dead rest in peace.

We shall not be defeated.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2008, 08:43:39 am »

I'm not dead - The story elements I have are on the laptop and I havn't had time to email them to work. Expect a new update by next wednesday.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 14, 2008, 01:02:08 am »

I'm not dead - The story elements I have are on the laptop and I havn't had time to email them to work. Expect a new update by next wednesday.

I could swear that the next wasn't there before. I was going to ask about an update coming the previous day. Sigh, that long to wait.   :(

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 14, 2008, 04:52:57 pm »

=Events as they occurred, 12th of Hematite, 1063=

Count Alath mustered all of his diplomatic skills to hold back his growing anger. Underneath his fantastically engraved masterwork obsidian table, he clenched his fingers into his knees to keep all signs of displeasure away from his face. At the other end of the table was the source of his anger, with her iron boots propped up on his magnificent office table, dripping all sorts of much and goblin blood onto its well polished frame. In the corner stood Besmar, picking his fingernails with an old iron dagger, watching the scene that unfolded with more than an amused expression.

The human diplomat was fair, even by dwarven standards, and sitting across the table in her full armor, helm resting by her feet which were propped up on the table, Besmar related more to this young soldier than he did the fancy-pants crony who sat behind the desk. The count did well to hide his discomfort, and it was good for all dwarvenkind that he did so.

As Adil recounted the traditional pleasantries, Besmar pondered her name. Cilomabba. In the human tongue, it meant “RipeAllied”. Always a believer in the gods, Besmar saw the clear signs that perhaps the Humans were ripe for an alliance against the green scum. Coming thus armed in iron plate, with weapons clearly dirtied from battle, Adil did not disappoint.

“Lord Alath” The human woman spoke with a soft voice that almost hid the soul of steel and courage she possessed. “If we are to defeat the foul goblins then we must move quickly. You may not know, but this place… Zirilzuntīr… is well known among those who travel through my kingdom. Both good and ill alike speak of the wondrous crafts purchased here, and the resolve of the people who defend it. We know that great wealth and power come to this place and all who would command it.”

Besmar smiled as he noticed Alath softening. Not only was she a soldier, but a diplomat as well. The humans had sent a worthy mouthpiece.

Removing her feet from the desk and leaning forward upon the hilt of her blade, Adil lowered her voice as if the world around them were listening. “But not all would have you succeed at this task… The greenskins are not your biggest threat in these wilds… Someone else would have you fail, and subtly they move to do so even now.”

The Count leaned in close and asked the question that in Besmar’s mind had been answered long ago. “Who? Who would undermine us in our war with all that is foul?”

“The Elves.”

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 14, 2008, 04:53:21 pm »

Got it out a little early. I didn't want to dissapoint Strife =D

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 14, 2008, 06:46:48 pm »

Yeah! War against the elves!

You know, if you think about it, elves have green skin too, that makes it twice as important to exterminate them!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 15, 2008, 12:50:20 am »

Got it out a little early. I didn't want to dissapoint Strife =D

Thanks! It was the highlight of my night at work. I snuck off to the mechanical room to read it.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2008, 10:36:20 am »

I'd love to have the elves and dwarves actually get into a scuffle; I believe this can be done using a tool--dwarf companion? I'm not familiar with how it works all that I know is I tried to get it functioning in the past and couldn't.

I think they made significant changes since then, so I'd be willing to give it another try. Especially if it means the next Elven caravan turns into a raiding party =D
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19