Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Zirilzuntîr - FireAnvil - The Forge of war (Community Fo  (Read 18286 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zirilzuntîr - FireAnvil - The Forge of war (Community Fo
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2008, 06:34:12 am »

Yay my first major contribution to the fort  :D an arena sounds like a good idea!

And keep up the good work

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2008, 10:19:27 pm »

Here's what I was thinking.

The arena should have partially filled water pits (that are easy to exit). There is nothing wrong with swimming soldiers, it is great for cardiovascular health!

I don't think that it is appropiate to risk soldier's lives with Magma. However, Armok would like magma, I'm sure. Have the entire floor made of glass, suspened over magma. Or possibly just a big center area. Just imagine how cool it would be. Mood lighting plus safety!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2008, 02:39:32 pm »

ah damn, I like the idea of glass over magma. too bad we don't have any sand /=
DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2008, 11:01:52 pm »

Two words,
Solid Diamond.

;D

Either way.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2008, 07:56:26 am »

Ok, I'll set up a water duct with a floodgate to fill the pits halfway with water--3 or 4 deep should be good for swimming practice.
DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Sareth

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the lever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 08, 2008, 07:02:08 pm »

Do you need sand for crystal glass? If not, ask the traders for as much rock crystal as possible, and give them tons of offerings.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 09, 2008, 12:48:05 pm »

I'll try that.

I have a small entry but I've been very busy at work and at home. Wedding is barely over 1 week away =p

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 11, 2008, 08:17:40 am »

Woohoo! Finally got that imagrant wave pushing us into a Barony. I've got lots of content for this week and I'll try hard to submit at least one post before my wedding! =D

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2008, 08:04:41 am »

~~~Diary of Besmar Melbilamal, Army supply officer, 1062~~~

-13th of Opal

The votes have come back on the Arena issue, and not to my surprise the dwarves have chosen safety and practicality over brutality and imposing impressiveness.

We will fill two pits with water, with a tributary connected to the brook. Each pit has four easy access ramps to get out. With any luck, our soldiers will get some swimming practice if they get knocked into the drink. One of the write-ins included a diagram for a rock crystal glass floor to be set over the magma. It will take some looking into, but perhaps we can improve the arena in the future.

-16th of Opal

While digging the corridor for the water flow from the brook we struck a hematite vein. Naturally we need to dig it all out before we finish construction of the arena. After all, steel is our first priority.

-15th of Obsidian

Rigoth Likotistbar has created Udar Limul "The Rains of Gold", a Marble flute, worth 7200. It is encrusted with Marble.
On the item is an image of a rat in Marble. Rigoth has some kind of "thing" for marble... It's unhealthy.

~~~Diary of Besmar Melbilamal, Army supply officer, 1063~~~

-1st of Granite

Our timekeepers and soothsayers have told me that the world has passed into the "Demonic Age". This does not bode well for the state of affairs of our great nation, as the goblin ilk has been known to consort with devils and demons of the worst kind...

-24th of Granite

I made a delightful trade acquisition today. I purchased all of the goods that the elves brought to us with 1 narrow giant cave spider silk sock that was looted from a filthy goblin corpse. For all of their artsy-self-importance, Elves are the dumbest race I have ever had the pleasure to know.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2008, 12:40:45 pm »

=Events as they occurred, 8th of Slate, 1063=

In the distance, Zirilzuntîr looked much smaller than Onul Zanegtad expected it to. With all that the King had claimed was occurring here, Onul expected a great bustling of dwarves and soldiers to be heading toward them even now. As it were, the citizens of this large smelting operation had much better things to do than walk out and greet their new lord where he stood waiting half a mile away. Onul was pleased that these folk placed less value on the nobility than the dwarves back home, but she would have been more grateful for some relief and some answers to the nagging questions that came from the wooden cart.

Twin blue flags held aloft by copper poles attached to the traveling cart fluttered in the strong northeast winds as Alath Keluthmik let out a groan of disapproval. “We have waited two hours! Where is my fanfare and servants to carry my bags?!”  The tax collector Litast rolled his eyes and sunk into the side of the cart as if he had been hammered in the stomach. Onul afforded herself a light smirk at the Baron’s expense, but nothing more. The question had been raised five or six times, never mind that the baron hadn’t carried so much as a pebble the entire trip. That burden laid on the cart and its horses.

Mistem Etaslokum, the Baron’s “consort”, as it were, kept brushing her hair out with a jeweled comb that was worth more than a year’s salary to Onul. Her whining was just as bad as his. “It’s too hot here. Why did the King send us to look after such an awfully hot place? It’s making my hair poofy…”

Onul spoke for the first time in hours, her voice calm but stern as she bent down to pick up an object from the rocky earth. “Because the war has come here, Madame Etaslokum. The greenskins are putting pressure on all of the outlying villages. Even this…hot…one.” She held up an old goblin skull, pierced through the brain by a plain copper bolt. The consort hid her face. Pathetic wench…

“Don’t forget the taxes, Onul.” The aging timid Tax Collector piped up, scanning the rocky outcropping for shadows. “The king needs every bit of coin that the kingdom can spare… Soldiers are getting harder to come by and we all know what makes soldiers out of farmers!”

“Money.” Grinned the Baron, wringing his hands and for the first time forgetting about the long wait at the peak of the cliffs overlooking Zirilzuntîr. “Sweet gold and platinum! When there are smelters there’s coin and I… I mean the king… Intends to get his hands into it!” For a moment, the Baron stared aimlessly at the rear ends of the two horses who chewed noisily, still roped to the wagon. Onul thought for the moment that she had earned a little peace and quiet, but it was soon interrupted.

“I declare this place to be a Barony! Zirilzuntîr, as it is called, will report now to me and me alone! Now, if no on will come out to greet us, we must continue on foot to the party that surely awaits us! Onul! Get the servants to carry my things! Onward, now!”

Onul sighed and gripped her hammer tightly. She would likely need to use it more than she hoped in the coming years.

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2008, 03:44:49 am »

Our doom is upon us! :'(
Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2008, 03:55:10 am »

How's my guy doing? I haven't heard of him in ages since his artifact...

Hope he's ok...

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2008, 02:42:16 pm »

I can't remember if I got dwarfed or not.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2008, 02:48:39 pm »

If you havn't died horribly then I havn't mentioned it  :) I don't remember Maggarg---you can always scroll back through the archives.  ;)

Although, there may be a lot of dying horribly soon....  ;D

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2008, 11:55:16 am »

=Events as they occurred, 10th of Slate, 1063=

“They have said that you got a baron executed back in the mountainhomes over the incident at what has come to be known as ‘GrassMurdered’.” The Baron stood over Besmar’s desk, tapping his finger on a plain piece of parchment emblazoned with the royal seal, the image of bellows made from granite. It was unmistakably from the king, ordering Besmar to relinquish control of the fortress’s economic and judicial system to this Dwarf and his cronies, but remain in command of the militia.

Baron Alath tapped on the note again, forcefully, staring down at Besmar from behind his thin nose. Besmar, looking up and trying his best not to scowl, thought that the dwarf’s nose resembled that of a human or an elf more than his own kind. Probably somewhere in the fool’s bloodline he had a mother who fancied other folk. It almost explained why all of the Nobility was so damn… aloof.

“Well I won’t be standing for any of that here! I serve the king and you will serve me as his living will upon this mountain! Should I even hear a whisper of mutiny I will have the Hammerer at yer doors! Now… About my lodgings… I assume they will be ready to my specifications in the next few months.”

“Actually…” Besmar leaned back in his chair, reaching for a set of blueprints stashed away in a drawer marked ‘Impending Doom’, “They are already complete, save for the smoothing and engraving process. I’m sure your wife and yourself will be quite comfortable in…”

“Oh, we’re not married, and we’re DEFINITELY not sharing rooms together. You need to carve out her own quarters, or I won’t get any peace and quiet while I’m working.” Alath scanned the room for unseen eyes and ears before leaning down over Besmar’s table and whispering. “For the record, she’s a bit of a…”

A pounding on the door grabbed the attention of both dwarves as Flint burst in, followed by a truly hideous red haired woman, a dwarf at whom both Besmar and Alath visibly tensed up at the mere sight of.

“Ah, yes, there you are Mistem dear… I was just speaking to the fortress leader about your… special room needs.”
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19