Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Zirilzuntīr - FireAnvil - The Forge of war (Community Fo  (Read 18296 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zirilzuntîr - FireAnvil - The Forge of war (Community Fo
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2008, 07:08:22 am »

name:Flint
Profession swordsdwarf

Flint is a Focused and proffesional dwarf who has spent alot of time simply wandering from fort to fort however on his arrival to FireAnvil he has found a place which he would like to stay and protect with his life. During his travels Flint has seen and done alot travelling through most of the dwarven world therefore he is wise as well as Focused and quiet he also dreams of becoming a swordmaster and perhaps one day champion

Good job so far  :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:16:34 am by Flintus10 »

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
Re: Zirilzuntīr - FireAnvil - The Forge of war (Community Fo
« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2008, 11:45:09 am »

=Events as they occurred, 24th of Granite, 1062=

The wind blew mournfully over the cliffs of Zirilzuntīr, whistling through the fortifications of the guard tower above. Besmar leaned against the fine dwarven stonework while he traced outlines on a map of the scene before him, of the forests of Nazushisin. This was one of two places on the mountain that the greenskins seemed to attack from, and Besmar was not content to stand around stroking his beard while his friends and minions were slaughtered.

The goblins had become more and more aggressive… From snatching babies to merciless ambushes against the battle hardened militia, Besmar did not doubt that their aggressiveness and relentlessness would increase. He was down a few of his best dwarves, and had to come up with a plan of defense that would keep the civilians from danger.

The answer it seemed was in the movements of the foul greenskins. They often ambushed from the northeast, the east across the woods of Nazushisin, and from the south, entering the great magma pipe hall. The magma pipe hall had proved most effective in dispatching the beasts… Bemsar knew he needed to come up with a plan that would mirror the trapped hallways and tight chokepoints of the southern defenses here in the north… He would tell everyone what the plans were once they were completed.

A Brunch by the old well ought to be the best setting. Besmar smiled as he thought of the crumpets and ale they would have. Ale was always best for brunch…

~~~Diary of Besmar Melbilamal, Army supply officer, 1062~~~

-11th of Slate
Kira and Nifo and a few lower-level dwarves were the only attendees at my magnificent brunch. I suppose I should have held it in our legendary dining hall instead of the dingy old wellspring, but I prefer the murky dampness! I outlined my plan to create a “Murder Hall” with Ballistae at one end and all manner of traps throughout for which the greenskins will travel through. I believe the dwarves are concerned for my mental health…

-15th of Slate
Reinforcements have arrived, and with good tidings!
Our glorious king has put several small goblin spires to the torch, and moves quickly through the human lands rallying support for the war. Our recent delivery of goods has aided the cause greatly, although our shipment of armor and bolts is crucial to continued victory. We have received several new dwarves whom will find no lack of jobs here…

1 wrestler
1 siege operator
1 milker
1 armorer
1 mule
2 metalsmiths
1 miller
1 planter
1 animal caretaker
1 butcher
1 woodcutter
3 peasants (Zurek, Strife)
1 fish dissector
1 thresher
1 hunter
1 animal dissector

**Note: I will find a suitable dwarf for Flint next time I pick up and play**

Zurek is a fine dwarf who requested to be assigned to either shooting goblins or carving things out of rocks. I figured we can always use a good sniper and we have plenty of stoneworkers already, so I gave him a crossbow and sent him up to the towers.

Strife is a bit of a zealot, who demanded to know why most of the fortress was busy making baked goods and smelting armor instead of lopping off goblin heads with fine dwarven axes. I appreciate her enthusiasm, but reminded her that the first honor of a dwarf may be to kill in the name of his king, the second is to know his place in the great order. Nonetheless, Strife took a spear and went off to spar in the barracks. Somthing about this mountain air makes our womenfolk long for the still beating hearts of greenskins to be squeesed in their fingers. It's alluring.

--Side note...with the tendancy of my militia to enter the mayors office, and the fact that BOTH of these dwarves like adamantine.....argh...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:52:55 am by DoctrZombie »
DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2008, 07:41:03 am »

Flint has requested a life beyond mere fish-gutting and since we hardly have need for simple work and greatly need warriors I was happy to assign him to train with whatever weapon he liked. He seems to favor the swift edge of a sword, and thus armed, went to spar with Strife and the other new recruits.
DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2008, 05:45:58 pm »

I'll take the siege operator.

Name: Lisig
Description: Lisig likes to shoot big rocks at things. Or at the ground, just for practice.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2008, 06:24:37 am »

Lisig added and screenshot taken; Plus another fortress dismemberment related death! Is it a member of the community? Stay tuned!

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2008, 11:16:48 pm »

~~~Diary of Besmar Melbilamal, Army supply officer, 1062~~~

Lisig has joined the ranks of our ever-growing catapult squadron. With help from Ghib, we now have two catapults defending some of the chokepoints outside of our fortress gates. In time, these chokepoints will form halls of death. Bouldery death…

-14th of Hematite
I have concluded my talks with Onust Twinkledcaught, the Human Merchant Prince who is arranging next years caravan. The things we need most here are meat, metal, cloth, and of course wood. We have cut down nearly every tree on the lower slopes of the mountain. The Elves will not be pleased, but if I cared what the stinking elves thought about anything I would be lying dead in a pit of goblin arrows and wolverines. Onust hasn’t told me what he wants from us yet, but I think he’s going to get big heaping sacks of rock amulets and rings. Every time he comes back he offers me top coin for them, and I can’t resist turning bare stone into jingling coins.

-18th of Hematite
Today I received two great surprises. Firstly, the Human merchants had brought with them wagons full of booze, wood, and metal bars, of which I bought to the last ounce, as well as some cattle for breeding and slaughtering. Secondly, Nifo brought me the ballots of the recent election, pleased to report that I had won with a near unanimous amount of the votes! I shamefully admit that I didn’t even know we were having an election, I’ve been too busy taking care of the fortress! I suppose good hard devotion and determination to defend our outpost has paid off.

-27th of Hematite
… have been pleased with the things we came here to do, which is why I feel a sense of pride when I walk these halls. Kira has come into my room without knocking, and lifted me out of my chair. It’s extremely rude and difficult to write while she drags me out of the door. She’s screaming something about a dragon which is absolutely preposterous. There hasn’t been a dragon around these parts in over two hundred years! I know, because when I was a lad my great grand pappy told me about…

Sweet she-demons of Lin’thali! It’s the great green dragon Zareth Sobirducim!

=Events as they occurred, 24th of Granite, 1062=

The horrors that the dwarves of Hammerfall told their children did little to prepare them for the sight of a green dragon stomping menacingly toward the gates of Zirilzuntīr. The dragon paused for a moment to watch the terror and confusion of the dwarves as they ran inside, dropping baskets of fruit and logs behind them. Zareth let out a deep gurgling laugh from his throat as he shook his head, throwing his horns back to scratch at his neck. It would only be too easy to eat his fill and then return to the wilderness, leaving the rest of this pitiful city to burn.

Oddom, Kivish, and Logem from the first archery company rushed out of the main gate of Zirilzuntīr, their crossbows loaded and at the ready. They took up positions on the main road, and crouched to form a firing squad. Oddom turned to his squad mates and let out a long breath. “Save no bolts men. Litter the skies with copper. If one dwarf falls, do NOT flee the battle!”

In front of them Zareth was just as content to stand his distance. He breathed in deeply as copper bolts filled the air.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2008, 12:55:55 am »

Ohh, the suspense!

btw, did you get everyone armed and armored up in steel yet?
Magma is overrated.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2008, 01:04:59 am »

I hope so, casue they are gonna need it...

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2008, 08:15:29 am »

Not yet. Havn't tried forbidding their copper weapons and locking them in the steel armory yet--I will do this shortly, if anyone lives.

Sareth

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the lever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2008, 02:12:24 pm »

The horrors that the dwarves of Hammerfall

Dwarven speed metal?

Khamero

• Bay Watcher
  • Bronzebeard - Master of arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2008, 08:48:22 am »

Registered here for the sole purpose of offering my skills for this fortress!

Male dwarf named Khamero, mechanic by trade with a penchant for trapping gobbos in cagetraps and tossing em off high towers to watch them splatter on the ground.
You might think that this is some sort of trap. That I’m using you as bait to lure in your friends. I’m not. I just enjoy torturing innocent, young girls.

I know it’s sick. But everyone needs a hobby.

Sareth

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the lever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 15, 2008, 07:15:16 pm »

Bump. Still doing this?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 15, 2008, 09:31:38 pm »

Give him a couple of days, no? He said one update a week.

I worry about Strife getting elected and then 'mysteriously' vanishing.

Her plan works like this:
1) Every citizen needs a weapon for defense!
2) They don't have to be steel, we  can trainour smiths and still get good bronze axes!
3) It provides employment!
4) If major defense becomes a problem, we everyone already is armed!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 16, 2008, 02:31:57 am »

Woo.. back from a brief DF hiatus, just been reading through the story and I am more liking it more and more. This has epic fortress written all over it, and I just wanted to that I am damned impressed by your story telling abilities. I was wondering if you could requisition another dwarf for me, DoctrZombie, never going to replace Nilumoz, but hes a beginning.

Name: Tarmid Ezar
Profession: Swords Dwarf

GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #224 on: September 16, 2008, 07:54:24 am »

Dang, been some time since I checked this thread. In fact, some pages ago, I requested a dwarf but forgot the name it.

Name him... Winterlabor.
Grower/ Herbalist.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19