Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:37  (Read 18285 times)

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought that leaving the prisoners hanging was the general idea, as long as you can find enough ropes...

Hey - how about gibbets? Some sort of hanging cage (or little walled in area - glass, to make it seethrough?), visible from everywhere in the camp, put a dwarf in, leave them to starve and rot while the rest of the population watches.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Okayz okayz...
I'll go write now! ;D Thanks for the bump, needed that.

It was probably very mean of me to keep you hanging in the dark. Hehe.

As for ropes, and hanging, I've always wondered:
What would happen, if I have a jailed (chained) prisoner, surrounded by retractable bridges...
I wait for him to go to sleep on a bridge, and then pull the lever..
Will he fall and be hanged? Will the rope let loose? Will he be dragged to the square with the chain? I'm curious.
Adding it to the to-do list.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:36:17 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Would they hang indeed? Lets find out! And if he is still alive, I claim the merc! Call him Zak and have him join the guards, but only if he gets paid in respect. If not then give him a bed in the barracks. Next to the real men!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

'They got him bad sir! Goblin hammerers bashed his stomach! I.. could do nothing.'
Frodo leaned against the wall, out of breath.
'Damn it. Why would they come so soon? They will pay!'
'But.. How? Sir? Judge?' Frodo said. 'We don't have a standing military, and I doubt our mercenary, what's her name? Zak.. Will be able to take them all on..'

'I have prepared for this.' Orblock said. 'I only didn't expect them so soon. You. Raise the main bridge. Then, hurry inside and tell the others to wait. Inside.'
'Yes. Understood, sir. Judge.'
Frodo hurried off to pull the lever that would raise the main bridge. Suddenly, Spazz's eldest son,
Bomrek, came running outside, axe in hand.
'Look! Dad!' he called to Spazz, who was following him. 'I will show you! I have become a real dwarf.'
He proceeded to run outside, and just when he had crossed the bridge, it raised, leaving him to face the squad of goblin hammerers.
With a frightening roar, Bomrek stormed the nearest goblin, and swung at it's head. The axe seperated the head cleanly from the body, sending it flying into the air. The body stood still for a moment, spurting blood rythmically, before collapsing at Bomrek's feet.
He didn't have much time to gloat over his victory, though, as he was swarmed by five more goblin hammerers. They bashed him to a bloody pulp, leaving only some mangled bones and gore.

'Nooo! Goddamn you weakling!' Spazz shouted, having witnessed his son's death from atop the wall. 'You!' He screamed, pointing at his son's corpse, 'You dishonour your family's name!'

'Spazz! Get yourself together, and off that wall! Now! That is an order!' Orblock snarled at him.
'Follow me. We are going to release the prisoners.'
'We... What?'
'Yes indeed. Now stop being an idiot and follow me, we have no time!'

The Judge and Spazz hurried through the underground passage. Spazz was ordered to wait in the tower, to lock the door immediatly when the Judge returned.

'Listen up prisoners!' Orblock had opened the cell doors and was standing on the platform above the feeding ground.
'The King has ordered your release. You are free to go. NOW.'

With this, he opened the door from the Square of Welcoming to the prison, and hurried to the tower. Spazz slammed the door shut as soon as he had reentered.

The prisoners stood in confusion for a moment. How could this be? Freedom? Then, joy overtook them, and they hurried through the gate. The moment they all were outside, Orblock closed the entrance door behind them. They never heard the <click>.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:22:28 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)

Intriguing.

If only Billy were arrive, to attempt negotiations with the goblins, who, I'm assured, only want peace and love like the rest of us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

'This is amazing. Really amazing.' Jools sighed. 'I really thought we were never getting out of that place.'
'This must be a trick.' Red answered.
The prisoners headed away from the camp.

'WHAT IS THAT? ARRRGGGHHHLLLBLRGH'
A prisoner suddenly dropped to the ground, her entrails spurting from her stomach.
A goblin lasher had jumped from behind a tree, and swung his scythe, splitting open the prisoner's lower body.

'AMBUSH!!!! BASTARD!!! SO THIS IS FREEDOM? I'LL GRGLbrgfbrgrlk'
Jools was struck down, cursing Orblock with his last breath of his mangled lungs.

The prisoners who had departed last saw the carnage from a distance, and fled past the fort's wall.
When they came around the corner, they were met by the other ambush, of goblin hammermen.
A battlescarred goblin axeman was leading them.
'Look. Hehehe. Are that dwarves? They look like skeletons. Hehehe. Come on worms, tear them apart! Wahahahahahaha!'
Soon, the five prisoners were engaged in a battle for their life, biting and choking goblins.
But it were too much of them.

Sheb managed to cripple the goblin axeman, and was about to choke him to death, when his head was beaten into his body by a fierce hammerstrike. His last thoughts were 'Die! Goblin! Now I will prove that I am loyal to the King!'

Meanwhile, the other prisoners found themselves surrounded by goblin lashers, with barbed whips and sharp scythes, laughing maniacally.
'Listen up now.' Red hissed under his breath.
If we are to stand a chance, we must fight together. We must stand as one. Now. Backs at each other. Form a circle, and let them come.'

Red had gained quite some muscle, training with the device Aqizzar had made him test. It wasn't perfect, and had hurt him quite a few times, as some of the weigths had come loose and fell on his legs. But still, he had managed to become quite strong. This encouraged the other dwarves, who were terrified, and they quickly formed an outward circle.

Chaos had ensued. The goblins had charged the defensive circle and the dwarves tried to stand their ground.
When the mist lifted, the ground was strewn with corpses, mostly dwarven. But the last two living goblins were on their knees, battered and bleeding.

Red still stood where he had commanded the other dwarves. Eight other dwarves were still standing, among them was Minkot, the fey. He spat out a goblin finger. One dwarf was lying on the ground, unconscious.

From the northwest, they could hear screaming.
'They need our help. Let's go.' A stout dwarf said, who looked like he had seen battle before.
The group of survivors ignored their cuts and bruises, and rushed to the aid of the other dwarves.
When they arrived at the scene, there was only one dwarf standing, and three goblin lashers still surrounded him.

RED and Minkot rushed past a dying goblin axeman. Newt came behind, and ended it's life.
'Help me!' It was Grath, desperately standing her ground against overwhelming numbers.
The other dwarves that had fled with her were dead or dying.

Without a moment's pause, RED and Newt proceeded to her aid. RED grabbed the first goblin by the head, and proceeded to break it's arms and legs, while Newt kicked a goblin, who was holding Grath down.
Two other dwarves rushed in from behind.
'Get the ugly one, Maggarg!' One shouted.
'Which one, Voer? They are all ugly!', the other dwarf replied.

'AAARGH! You numbhead. Here! take this!' The dwarf called Voer shouted in rage, as he grabbed a goblin by its vest, and tossed it to Maggarg.
Maggarg proceeded to crush it's skull with his bare fists.

Now the goblins were in the minority, and aware of it.
They turned away from Grath, and tried to flee. They didn't succeed, and were ripped to pieces by the group of surviving dwarves.

They looked upon the fields around them and saw the massacre that had occured.

'ALLRIGHT SCUM! YOU DID A GOOD JOB!'
Atop of the walls, Judge Orblock looked upon the carnage and shouted at the survivors.
'This was to show you. There is no escape from here. Now get back inside to your barracks, before I have Afer release Bitch and Spazz. Zak had come up the walls and was pointing a crossbow at the survivors, and they realized they had no choice.
They felt the weariness of battle set in, but it was not comforted by the joy of victory.
They had been defeated before the battle had begun.
Beaten, they picked up the dwarf who was left unconscious, and stumbled back to the barracks.

OOC: Still alive: Minkot, RED, Grath, Newt, Dresdor, Voer, Maggarg, #33, #45, #47 (resting)

@Sheb: You can have the next clothier, if you like. I'm curious to see more ASCII clothing.  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:26:00 pm by martinuzz »

aelystur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

on the way to the cells Voer suddenly gets a panicked look on his face,
and despite being weary from attending the "welcoming party" he seems
to be filled with renewed enegry as he frantically starts patting his
clothes as though looking for something of immense value thought lost,
that or trying to douse a fire suddenly noticed on his clothes. after only
a brief moment (a life time for voer) he calms down and returns to his
beleaguered state, with only the ocational furtive glance around.

When he thinks no one is looking he pulls out a tiny piece of what looks
like a biscuit and hastily shoves it in his mouth while mumbling to
himself "they took my wife, but at least they didnt get my sweetened
sunshine biscuit". not quite satisfying the hunger that  is gnawing at
his belly, he quietly wishes that he didnt have to ration the last of his
elven treats, but he suspected that he may not see another for a very
long time.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile

Red's journal day of ambush.

We were set loose on some goblins today...I killed many, and lasted through.  Many of the inmates were killed today...remembering my adventure days helped me to save what dwarves I could.
At this rate, I may someday repay that damented noble, whom sent me on that fell errand of fate...
For now though, keeping alive, and cementing my worth to that fair bearded...blackened souled...supple skinned...demoness Afer...

(Red is now...um...yeah, and such...also can I have an update on Red's wounds/stats/and personality pages...Pm me em if you can...)
Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Woops! I mean her!  ;)

Cool, she has a x-bow and isn't afraid to use it! Just as i wanted!
Can you be sure to train her in wrestling occasionally, so to beef her up a bit? A quiver would be great too if you can manage!

Thanks!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Actually, what made me decide to take her as an extra guard:
When the prisoners arrived on the map, zombie groundhogs spawned on them
Zak and another prisoner attacked them. One prisoner was crippled enough to flee to it's deadcell, but not before killing a groundhog, and Zak was left with one other groundhog.
She kept wrestling it.

It went like this: Zak strangles the zombie groundhog's throat x10... Zak passes into unconsciousness from being overexerted... Zombie groundhog bites, but isn't able to do any damage... This caused Zak to wake up and...
Zak strangles the zombie groundhog's throat x10....
Zak passes into unconsciousness from being oh so tired... Zombie groundhog kicks her in the spleen, failing to do any damage... Zak wakes up, annoyed...
Zak strangles the zombie groundhogs throat x10.....passes out... is bitten in the nose, again, no damage....etc...
Ad infinitum.

Infinitum in this case being Afer, sent in to end the fight. Thinking back, I should have let the fight continue. By the time Afer struck down the zombie, Zak was already a Talented Wrestler.. I think, if I had let them continue, she would have made Champion++ in no time..

So, Zako... Don't worry about your wrestling skills.. Hehe..

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Found wrote with blood on Sheb's vest.

______/\           /\______
|            \_____/            |
|YOUR MAJESTY, I DIED  |
|____  FOR YOU...    ____|
        |PLEASE SAVE|
        |        MY       |                   
        |COMRADES !!|
        |                   |
        |____________|

Sorry for you Martinuzz, but it'll be my last ASCII clothing, and I'll not take another clothier, I don't want to play the same character again. Anymays, I'd like to have an immigrant from the next wave, from any profession, if possible with combat skills. :)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Since I got a request from one of you about deities, I thought I could just as well give the complete summary:

Aqizzar: Rovod Fikot Kosoth
 Judge: Rovod Fikot Kosoth
 Frodo: Rovod Fikot Kosoth
 Grath, #24: Rovod Fikot Kosoth
 #45: Rovod Fikot Kosoth
 #33: Rovod Fikot Kosoth
 #47: Rovod Fikot Kosoth

'Rovod the Glaze of palaces most often takes the form of a male dwarf and is associated with crafts and metal'

Khazud: Nish Domasotil
 Zuglar: Nish Domasotil
 Zak: Nish Domasotil

Dresdor, #15: Nish Domasotil
 Maggarg, #43: Nish Domasotil

'Nish Guildjade most often takes the form of a male dwarf and is associated with trade and wealth

Afer: Id

Minkot, #01: Id
 Voer, #38: Id

'Id most often takes the form of a female dwarf and is associated with jewels'

Spazz
: Tholest Cudïstkerlîg
 RED, #11: Tholest Cudïstkerlîg
 Newt, #22: Tholest Cudïstkerlîg

'Tholest Scaldedshells most often takes the form of a female dwarf and is associated with war and fortresses'

Grimwold: Deler Eribzas
 'Deler Gorgecrystals most often takes the form of a female dwarf and is associated with minerals'

Yami
: Äkil Uzolziril

'Äkil Oilfire most often takes the form of a female dwarf and is associated with volcanoes and mountains' 
Hmmm. Having some troubles with the internet connection... I hope that will be fixed soon, but now I'm on very low speed connection :(

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:37
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2008, 06:49:45 am »

Goddammit, given my freedom, charging out of the gate, and being immediately killed by goblins! Not a good way to go.

Amusing, though.

Another dwarf please (I'm really burning through them, aren't I?), anything will do though preferably something useless.

Also do you have any plans for trapping some goblins, releasing them in a pit and throwing prisoners to them occasionally? With an option to flood the pit (ideally with carp-filled water) in the unlikely event of an unarmed dwarf killing all the armed goblins...

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2008, 07:00:04 am »

"We were ambushed!?"  The steel bender cried in surprise when the other guards told him.  "And the Judge let the prisoners fight them?"  Quickly dropping his current work the crafter shot out of his workshop to see the carnage for himself.

Not that he liked carnage per se...  It was generally messy and was a pain to clean up, but this carnage was proof of a true dwarven death for many a beleaguered kinsdwarf.  Yami couldn't help but break into a smile as he over looked the scene from the walls.

"By Akil, he actually listened to me!"

Ecstatic Yami ran to the brewery and grabbed a whole barrel of their best dwarven beer to share with Orblock.  The Judge was finally relenting and treating these prisoners like true dwarves.  It was a great day, the best the jail had ever had, and Yami would not waste it sober.
Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2008, 07:01:27 am »

Also do you have any plans for trapping some goblins, releasing them in a pit and throwing prisoners to them occasionally? With an option to flood the pit (ideally with carp-filled water) in the unlikely event of an unarmed dwarf killing all the armed goblins...
No so unlikely actually.  I think they still get all passive once caged, so they only fight back rather than  mobbing you.  At least that's how I remembered my old arena fights.
Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20