Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:37  (Read 18282 times)

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woo next lot of executions then? :-) probably not the next time to be in voluntary solitary :-)
- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Petyr had finished the last coffin, and had started making blocks again.
Having lost her last bit of sanity, she was now chipping prisoner numbers in the blocks.
In fact, every time she finished a block, she would loudly proclaim it's number, much to Dresod's chagrin.
'NUMBER ONE-HUNDRED-AND-FOURTY-ONE!!!'
'Please, would you just stop that?' Dresdor pleaded, accidentally chopping the head of his latest statue.

Suddenly, the door burst open.
'Prisoner #21, I have decided that you have been punished enough. Come with me, I have a job for you.'
The Judge was standing in the door opening, Afer behind him, holding another dwarf.
'Unchain her!'
The other prisoner walked up to Petyr and started to unchain her.
'Hiya. I'm prisoner #27! (hushed) My real name is Billy, but I shouldn't say that loud.'
'OFCOURSE! I knew I forgot something! THE BILL! I DIDN'T PAY! I'm sorry! I'M SORRY! Please.. I'll do whatever job you have, Judge. Just don't call the guards!'

Billy returned to Orblock with the raving Petyr. They were chained together, and Orblock ordered Afer to take them to the top.

'You are to clean this surface! If I come back, it will be shiny clean. Do you understand?'.
Afer left the two with this and locked the entrance to the platform.

'Geez.. #21.. I don't see any dirt here.. What are we supposed to clean?'
Petyr, her sanity having returned somewhat in the sight of death, snarled:
'Shut up, fool. Leave me to my last thoughts!'
Billy, thinking Petyr still had to be raving, curled up on the stone floor and said:
'Ah.. Don't be so somber. They'll come to get us down soon, and surely they will also see that there is nothing to clean here. I'll just take a nap, now. Oh boy I'm so tired.'

Orblock had rushed back from the prison, straight to the trade depot. He proceeded to trade with the Elves, even trying to be polite. They needed the extra supplies.
The elves had been pleased with the trading. They could bring home as many mugs as their oxen would carry.

They were packing up and ready to leave, when Orblock stepped into their tent.
'Dear traders. In honour of fine dwarven tradition, we wish to offer you a farewell gift.'
He paused, clearing his throat. We wish to show you how much we, Dwarves, respect you, Elves. So. Please be so kind to wait here, and you shall be pleasantly surprised.
'And here were we, thinking you didn't really like us.' Thele said.
Orblock stepped up to the lever and pulled it. 'In fact. I don't', he said, not audible to the Elves.

movie: http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-629-presentfortheelves

'That is disgusting! How dare y.....' Thele was interrupted by Ithithe, who kicked her ankle and shoved her aside.
'Remember. These are customers. Forgive them their primitive culture', he whispered to her.

'While we must thank you, sir Judge, for this magnificent offering of dwarven lives to honour us,  and the spirit in which it was given, we should point out, that some of our kind might take offense.
I mean. DO you know how much it costs to have something like this -large hemp thong-...', pointing at the now blood-and-brain-soaked thong she was wearing,
'...cleaned? There are cleaner ways to honour us with sacrifice, you know.'
He paused for a moment.
'In our country, we don't really kill, you know. When we sacrifice a dwarf... He or she is allowed to become one with nature.. Why do you think all of our trees have na...'

This time Ithite was kicked in the ankles and shoved aside by Thele.
'Hushhh. Don't share such advanced knowledge with such a primitive race!' She whispered at him.
'Hmmm. well. Anyways, thank you, sir Judge. We'd be off now. Got some spirits brewing. Hehe. See you next year.'
With this the Elves spurred their oxen and headed for the exit.

Orblock was about to start ranting obscenities at the leaving traders, when he noticed two unknown dwarves standing in front of him.
'Who the hell are you?'
'Khazud, sir. I bring you more prisoners. The King sends his regards. And this here is young master Dakosturdim, a mercenary I recruited on the way here.'

we have: 20 new prisoners, 1 new child, a guard (Eita) , and a mercenary soldier.

Anybody wants the mercenary?

Also, Petyr and Billy are dead. But please feel free to request another character. I liked your diary entries!  ;D

EDITED FOR WRONGFULLY CALLING ELVES DWARVES.... FIXED...  ::)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 06:21:44 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I hope you like my crappy ASCII, it's just the beginning!  ;D

Second entry of Sheb's diary, found on an pair of old socks.

Right Sock

\than I tought. Since my\
     \ group of convicts        \
       \ arrived, they already  \
         \ killed three of us!      \
           \ Including two           \________________________________________
             \ on top of the elven traders! It'll be far more difficult than I    \
               \ tough to stay alive here. At this rate, I don't think the King             \
                \ will come soon enough to save me. I need to escape from              \
                 \ this camp. The wall is too high to jump over, and we don't             /
                   \ have any pick to dig under it. The only way is to fight our          /
                     \_____________________________________________________/

Left Sock.

\weapons, but if we be-\
     \ come skilled wrestlers\
       \, maybe can we man- \
         \ age to do something \
           \I'll speak of my idea \__________________________________________
             \with my cell's companions.we need to be quick: They've killed       / \  \
               \many of us already. Even Billy, the naive and kind Billy... They  /    \  \   <==== This is an hole in the sock.
                \ found a deadly way to strip her from her illusions... Bastards.  \    /    \
                 \ If only I had a way to revenge my dead companions! Wait!      \_/     /
                   \There is talk of convicts joining the guard! Maybe I have a way..     /
                     \_______________________________________________________ /

Ok, so,my idea about wretling is to define my cell as a barrack and train with my fellow convicts. Since we're already in the military, it shouldn't be too difficult to put in place. I hope it fit in your story.

P.S. Fiuuuh. I spend as much time making my ASCII socks look like ASCII in my psot as to write de text. Maybe I'll write my next entry on a sheet of paper. ;D

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:32:53 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Nice.

When my greatgrandfather wrote his diary while imprisoned in camp Westerbork (1942-1944), he did this also on the stangest things if he ran out of paper. I don't know if he ever used socks, but torn rags, like your first post, were definitly among them.

Every few days the delivery man of vegetables would hide his notes between the 'leftovers' (In that time it was common for the vegetable-delivery man to return with vegetable left-overs. To feed the pigs.), and smuggle them past the Germans, out of the camp.

All of those seperate notes were sorted by date and bundled together by my grandmother, who raised me, and her sister, who were lucky enough to survive the war because of some decent Dutch people who hid Jews during the war. On a side note, about 90% of their direct relatives did not survive the concentration camps. :'(

Oh. And..Sheb... You will get your wrestling training... AMBUSH!!!!!!!!! ;D Still fighting, expect a bloody update!

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, I've started to "write" (sew is more appropriate) on old clothes,because my character is a clothier. I'm happy that it fit in the "concentration camp" side of the story.

Thanks for the Wrestling training, but hell... I've planned to have it BEFORE the ambush :p.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Sorry people...

Bloody ambush update will have to wait a bit..

Just got a free ticket to go to a concert of Ministry!!!

Can't promise I'll be sober enough when I get home tonight to do the story. ;D

<runs off to find that old, beerstained metal T-shirt full of holes>

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)

Sorry, have been away, so entries have been scarce.

"Chronicles of Billy

'First signs of corruption. Oh, an the end.'

We were assigned numbers today. Henceforth I'm called 27.
That obviously means that there should be at least 27 prisoners, yet I see less.forgiven!
THAT obviously means they have been released! I was right, we will be forgiven!
Praise the King!

--------

A prisoner was killed today. Her name was Cerol.
She was dropped off a tower for shouting at the guards.

I just hope the others and I won't face a similar fate.
But, hey! Let's cheer up! Cerol probably was quite dangerous, why otherwise would the guards have executed her? And I'm not dangerous, so I'm safe!

Ah, the bells are ringing. Food time!

-------

The prisoner in my cell, Newt- I mean #22, requested to be moved at dinner. I didn't want to seem impolite, so I told the guards it was okay with me.
I wonder why he wanted to move.

End of entries

PS: We got 20 new prisoners. How exciting! I wonder if I'll get some new friends. Are any of them a fellow mason?

PSS: I just got a job to clean a bridge. It's clean, though. I wonder why they want us up this tower... Nah, I'm too tired. I'll go to sleep now, and worry in the morning. You don't want to wake up after a night of worries, as my old mum used to say!"

At this point you killed Billy.

At THIS point I request a guard.

Earl, King of the Dead
Military dwarf (Crossbow)
Uncapable of feeling, caused by _-_Mysterious Background_-_
Talks: with lot's of colon's: to more clearly express: message.
If possible, should also be a record keeper, due to intolerance of mistakes, fervor for details and general clerkiness.

Does not consider prisoners animals, doesn't care about their treatment.

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<runs off to find that old, beerstained metal T-shirt full of holes>

A metal t-shirt?

Metal clothing?

Quick, mug him for his adamantium shirt!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Now that was a great concert! Two people and a baby died from bumping into my metal T-shirt ;D

The whole show was one big rant against Bush and the 'War on Terrorism', lots of bloody images of dead children... Plus some Chavez-support. Great.

It was the last time I will see Ministry, though. Final Tour. They're quitting after 25 years. :'(

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

18th Hematite, 1053

Spring had passed quickly.
Orblock had ordered the prisoners' barracks to be extended, and had a few beds placed in some of them.

Today, Orblock was headed for the trade depot, to see if every thing was in order to welcome the human traders. He really didn't want to miss out on their wares this year.
On the way there, he was halted by Spazz.
'I like to see them fight over a single bed. Divide and conquer, is what they also say, right, Judge?'
Spazz said. 'So I would advise you remove some of the beds you just installed. But ofcourse, you know what is best...'

Spazz spooked even Orblock. The other dwarves kept their distance, and Spazz didn't seem to mind.
He seemed to take pleasure in torture, and had broken several prisoner's fingers. Only yesterday he had been caught cutting off half of one of the prisoner's ears.
'That suits him right! Look! Now he looks more like his pointy-eared masters! Whahahahahaha.'

Orblock had called Spazz into his office, then.
'Look, Spazz...', he began, 'it may be so, that these.. prisoners.. are no longer considered dwarven. And I fully agree, that they deserve death.'
He would never tell Spazz that he, in fact, still doubted the King's methods. He could tell that this dwarf was an extreme Royalist. He had brought a small engraving of the King and his sons, and put it up on the wall of his room. He would have to be careful with him.
'But, what you just did, and what you have been doing, I cannot tolerate.' The Judge raised his voice a little.
'I do not give one damned copper piece about your methods of raising children. But, as for my prisoners..'

The Judge softened his voice a bit, and spoke to Spazz as a teacher to his pupil:
'Operant conditioning. All animals can be conditioned to display desired behaviour by a system of rewards and punishment. Unwanted behaviour will be punished, good behaviour will be rewarded.
If this method is applied consistently...' he paused, to emphasis the last word, 'the animal will, given some time, no longer behave 'bad'.
'In the case of my prisoners, this means, that when they behave 'bad'... Meaning disobeying any rule I, or Afer, has set for them... They will be punished. And if they.. behave.. They are rewarded. By NOT getting punishment. You understand? This way, I ensure maximum Law and Order in my prison.
'So. You see? If you run about breaking fingers and cutting off ears, in other words, punishing..
That seriously disrupts their conditioning. I will have no more of that!'

Spazz looked at the Judge coldly. 'Whatever you say... Judge.' He then turned around and left the room.

Today Orblock didn't feel like lecturing Spazz again.
'Have it your way.' He said, without pausing. 'Remove those beds, if you will.'
Upon arrival at the trade depot, he felt something was amiss. He had asked Arkaim to meet him there, but he was nowhere to be seen.
Suddenly, Frodo came storming through the gate.

'AAAAMBUUSHHH!! THEY GOT ARKAIM!!! RAISE THE BRIDGE!!!!!'

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Prisoner #22 log, Newts diary.

I've been alone for days now, I guess, with no windows I've no way of telling how long I've been left here, the guards check in randomly, but how long between checks I've no idea.

The cells so silent and sound dosen't travel from the rest of the compound, other then the occassional guard marching past.

Gnah I even miss the sound of Billy whistling. God knows how that fool been doing, maybe I was hasty in burning that bridge. She's got all the survival instincts of a dwarf with his heart set on a shiny x!!rope reed thong!!x. Hope she ok, insurrerable wretch that she be.

Wait, whats that? I think I can hear shouting outside..... damn these walls I can't make out whats going on!

Whee! AMBUSH!!

aelystur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ooh, can I claim a prisoner on the next immigrant wave?

name Voer
crime: prefers to indulge in elven cuisine

possible punnishment: make only vermin as available food source
(this will unfortunately take a little more work as you will need to feed this ona  separate time table to avoid having him/her eat the regular prisoner fair. would also require a trapper and a few animal traps.)

edit: this should make this dwarf spiral into some form of depression. just need to make sure you dont make his preferred vermin available.
on arrival s/he will "secretly nibble on some sort of elven wafer s/he has hidden when noone is supposedly watching
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 02:10:57 am by aelystur »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

I'd like to claim a prisoner in the next wave, if there's one free.

Name: Maggarg

Crimes: Petty theft, assault, drunkenness in the king's hall, vomiting on the king, traveling with an elf for 20 years, grand theft horse, burglary, bank robbery, attacking nobility, dodging military service, faking death to get out of aforesaid service and the wearing of extravagantly silly hats.

Possible punishment: Hard to tell. Regards everything as part of the journey he constantly talks about, and is hardy enough not to really mind torture. He seems to have been everywhere, done everything and stolen the =pig tail shirt=.
We recommend lots of dull tasks in the deeps.

This dwarf is impossibly jolly, and an alcoholic by dwarf standards. He keeps talking about his travels, happy to bore anyone with them. He still seeks more places to adventure to. He'll probably worm his way out of this in the end.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Ahhh. New flesh... Welcome!

Sorry to keep you waiting a bit with the ambush update. I have politely slowed down on writing somewhat, since one of our new guards is taking a forest trip in real life until next week.

But I think I'll get to the bloody part today... ;D

Small spoiler:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey up Mart,

Any idea when next week we're looking at a update?

It's mean leaving us hanging during a ambush!  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20