Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:37  (Read 18279 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:1
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark:
<STRONG>Name: Afer
Use the wrestler dwarf and bringe one bar of iron and coal 60p these are for the hammer and shield he shall use.
And then use the rest of my points on rhesus macaque armour

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Aardvark ]</STRONG>

Okayz, the ranger is yours.
I removed the point in woodcutting and gave you a point hammerdwarf skill instead.
Someone else will have to cut wood then. Don't expect to be in the military fulltime though, especially in the beginning we'll need all the working hands we can get.

Burn with us!

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Silu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Perfectionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »

Name: Grimwold
Items: Few units of the foodstuffs he likes. Also few iron bars for a mace and a shield.

If possible, give him the meaniest possible attitude you can. Also make him a pump operator and (if okay) a record keeper.

Edited.

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Silu ]

I'm the lunatic of God's creation.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Silu:
<STRONG>Name: Grimwold the Great

The warden's mine, I'm sorry.

You can have pump operator and record keeper though. Expect not to pump much. Long live water and wind power.

Available are still: Steelbender, Steelbasher and Plantbrewer

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Silu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Perfectionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 02:29:00 pm »

Well, in that case make him a steelbasher. And by pump operating, I meant more like pumping a pump that's not connected to anything. For attributes.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 02:32:00 pm »

Dammit that no magma thing really screws up one of my coolest death chambers.  The booze bomb.  The convict stands on a central platform surrounded by a moat of magma.  A dwarf from above tosses in a barrel o booze then BOOM!  Hahaha.  Yea you sure you can't pick a different area?
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 03:10:00 pm »

@silu: I'll make sure you will be pumping iron then by building the pump from that then. Whooo. DF bodybuilding.

Edit: You sure you don't want your dwarf to be called 'the Governator'?   ;)
I sacrificed some turtles and a barrel so that you can have your 2 iron bars. You also get 1 dwarven wheat flour and some rhesus macaque meat.

@ghostpaw: Yeah I'd like to try the boozetrap as well sometime, but I can't run a fortress with temperature on beyond population 50 for FPS sake.
What I could do however, if I understand correctly, is use DC on a captured goblin  to give it firebreathing (and no fire-immunity hehe), and install it's cage as 'fuse'. Could you incorporate that in your design? But no promises here, it depends on how well my FPS hold out. I can always turn temperature on only for the duration of the execution ofcourse.

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: martinuzz ]

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 03:25:00 pm »

To keep your FPS low, you might consider reducing the area to 3x3, 2x3 or smaller.  Special tile resources aren't really the point, and I highly doubt we'll need much space after all...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 03:25:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by martinuzz:
@ghostpaw: Yeah I'd like to try the boozetrap as well sometime, but I can't run a fortress with temperature on beyond population 50 for FPS sake.
What I could do however, if I understand correctly, is use DC on a captured goblin  to give it firebreathing (and no fire-immunity hehe), and install it's cage as 'fuse'. Could you incorporate that in your design? But no promises here, it depends on how well my FPS hold out. I can always turn temperature on only for the duration of the execution ofcourse.

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: martinuzz ][/QB]

I'm sure I can make something like that work.
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Silu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Perfectionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »

Haha, the Governator. If you want you can change his title to that, I don't mind.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 04:00:00 pm »

I was actually just kidding. I like the name Grimwold so I'll keep it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 04:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Aqizzar:
<STRONG>To keep your FPS low, you might consider reducing the area to 3x3, 2x3 or smaller.  Special tile resources aren't really the point, and I highly doubt we'll need much space after all...</STRONG>

Too late, unless I pick another embark site. But 4x4 is good enough. I manage to get 30-35 FPS, which I think is fine, with population 100-120 (G_FPS:15). If I keep most animals caged that is.
And, depending on your designs and my own plans, we might actually need the space.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »

So what spots are still left?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 04:17:00 pm »

I just thought up one extra rule:

Once in a while I will be so kind to offer pardon to a convict.
The Prison Guards then get to vote who lives and may join them.
I suggest you vote for good diary entries made by prisoners, or (intercepted) letters to their beloved, or... (fill this in yourself)

I will roll a critical d20 for it every season, so my pardoning is objective. Voting closes after 24 hours. You may still submit stories during the vote.

EDIT: still open: steelbender and plantbrewer

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by martinuzz:
<STRONG>

Too late, unless I pick another embark site. But 4x4 is good enough. I manage to get 30-35 FPS, which I think is fine, with population 100-120 (G_FPS:15). If I keep most animals caged that is.
And, depending on your designs and my own plans, we might actually need the space.</STRONG>

You have a lot of confidence in my deathworking sir.  I'll need to bone up on good devices.  Anybody got some good suggestions?

Since there's time, not to be annoying, but can I change my punchase?  A horse seems a bit inapropo.

Doing the math, what would be great is a bar of bismuth bronze for my pick, one piece of really expensive leather (like GCS chitin) for an awesome cloak, and whatever's left for distictive colored stone like rutile or cobaltite for lever mechanisms.  If it's not too much trouble that is.

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »

<casting>

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20