Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Another game of TACTICUS  (Read 11124 times)

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
Re: Another game of TACTICUS
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2008, 04:38:00 am »

Ah! You seem to be confused, players.
I, for one, note that even though I took dukes fortress and sacrificed all dwarves within, attack are still being made against them.
Read the posts!

Anyways, I wipe out all my objects and creatures, save for the goblins and the hammerer, who is still mandating items. I use his power of execution to eliminate the chasm, making everybody fall into nothingness.
Insane, you might think. But I have prepared.
As I killed my dwarves, I gain points for Pleasin Armok. The fact that these dwarves were practically nonexistant does not change this fact, as per rule 18.3 of the Gods and Favors addition.

I use my points to gift my goblins and hammerer (and workshop) with the power of flight. Although I lose the power to spar, due to "dangerous terrain", I can guard my hammerer with the goblins, whilst using his execution powers to wreak havoc amongst the other players.

C'mon people, start bribing!

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2008, 05:38:00 am »

Asheron, the tentacle demon isn't a chasm creature. Therefore you now own a non-existant tentacle demon.

Since Exodus was used, I invoke the United Nations Ruleset. It has the effect of putting any exodus'ed civilization under miles of red tape. The effect is that research crawls down to a halt and you develop a deficit in budget.

Furthermore, your emergent civ is too large to fit the normal space inside the ex-reversal portal, therefore even if you research is completed, you would only get 74 ka's (kobold ambushers), 92 gim's (which is misspelled so it's either gym or gin) and votolom tailcocks (whatever that is).

Dwarfaholic, as reversal is in effect, your hammerer and goblins get the power of drop (instead of flight). They are now unable to jump. Elimination of the chasm only creates more chasm tiles and nobody falls into everythingness.

Since my lawyer is still alive, I order a ekirtsremmak on all non-nobles (which causes all nobles to be hammerstruck on reversed terrain and all non-nobles in the normal terrain).

Now since everything is in such a mess as no-one really understands what's going on in this game, I invoke the rule of General Mayhem (ADOM Ruleset) which grants me a multiple-headed elder chaos wyrm and alienates all ADOM-haters. The chaos wyrm is non-reversible, he is also sleeping.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2008, 06:20:00 am »

Ha! You made a spelling error on you declaration of ekirtsremmah! My Hammerer goes unscathed!
On a side note, I DO NOT execute your lawyers, and I DO NOT use the points I gain from killing stuff to protects myself from the effects of the Reversal.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2008, 07:49:00 am »

Hmm. I use the "Aggresive Revolution" tactic, which breaks my civilization free from the United Nations, in exchange for the area Brest-Litovsk. I mean, F-4 and F-5.
I annexate a part of POL-4-ND to fund my research and start recruiting new researchers. Also, I move my giant cave spiders to a nearby tile and start threatening them with a global nuclear war.
I also move my non-existent tentacle demon into what's left of the fortress and make him a sleeper cell that passes me on information.
Ah, and I start harvesting sand from the nearby tiles of F-3 and F-2.

And, reusing the "Reversed Reversal Ruleset", I create another reversal portal just ontop of my civilization, reversing all reversals on it, but reversing everything that is not reversed yet.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2008, 08:15:00 am »

I am suprised that no has done that yet. 0.22.123.23a rules, whole map is a chamsm, there is a magma tube. I place a miner in 3U, and designate the walls of the magma tube to be mined out, causing the magma to fill up the chasm. According to the pantshelm ruleset, I am now entitled 3 obidian sword hadnles for every chasm creature that was killed that way.

*rolls dice*

gentlemen, I now have 4 obsidian sword handles

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2008, 08:25:00 am »

Wrong Akroma, the chasm fills up the tube, as the field is still under reversal effects.
I make use of this blatant violation of pantsheim rules and start a !!World Revolution!!, which means all creatures that attack me must first roll to see if they are not a pinko communist. If they are, they duplicate and become mine.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2008, 10:23:00 am »

:D   :D   :D !!!!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

Man, how the heck am I going to survive?

Screw it, time for, according to the extended ruleset of the WikiRules guide to Tacticus, "Epic Death."

First, I move all my dwarves aboveground and crate a forest retreat. Then I have my dwarves beards shaved. Finally, I full the Armok temple with kittens and seal it off.

Hopefully, that will offend hin enough to cause some massive smiting.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2008, 10:42:00 am »

quote:
Under the Rule of Player Duplication (we have now two Jacks), I now sacrifice one Jack and burn Jack's rulebook. It has no other purpose than to make the remaining Jack tantrum. Jack must now post in CAPS. His posts must now make no sense at all. The hammerer (who came back from the chasm too) delivers 2 hammerstrikes to Jack and puts him in chains.

Wrong. we have one Jack A.T. and one Stanly the Plaid according to my second previous post. Thusly only Jack A.T. is tantruming and the (active player) Stanly the Plaid may act normally. According to the rule of Goblin double-snatching Stanly gains one extra turn that he may use in the event that the arbitor is allowed an arbitration. (All of this from the Urist Conditional ruleset. Section 66 subsect 12)

As Istarian pointed out, the rule of reversal is in effect. Under the Rule of Reversal subclause 54 my units are reverse-wiped, granting me an additional set of skeletons with picks. Unfortunatly, due to the rule of displacement they are placed +1 X-coordinate away from my original set and immediately fall into the chasm along with the nobles (where they are immediately not-hammerstruck due to ekirtsremmak). Fortunately, the hammerer himself cannot reach my units that are not inside the chasm.

Dwarfaholic, under the rule of reversal the order of those statements are reversed. Thusly you use the points you gain from killing the lawyers (which you have not killed) to protect yourself from the reversal and then you do not execute the lawers. This action places you in debt though the rule of deficit point-spending which causes any one unit on the field to be destroyed.

*rolls dice*

It appears the non-existent tentacle demon was destroyed by the debt rule. A lucky roll.

On my turn I airdrop 70k stone (Microline) in a quantum pile in the same square as my skeletons and enable masonry as a free action. The skeletons immediately begin building a 5x5 room lined with ramps in the following pattern.

code:

OOOOOOOOO
ORRRRRRRO
OR+++++RO
OR+++++RO
OR+++++RO
OR+++++RO
OR+++++RO
ORRRRRRRO
OOOOOOOOO

They will complete the structure in two turns.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2008, 10:50:00 am »

...ELVES!!!

GRR...

By Jack A T ruleset rule 45d, any player offended greatly by elven dwarves gains 7 extra turns if any player changes their dwarves into elves.

Heh heh heh...I use my one new turn to bring in my new three men: an eminent scientist, a transient LCS leader, and a goblin miner.

The transient LCS leader automatically starts recruiting...*looks through LCS ruleset*...and on a roll of 18 or 19 on a d20, he recruits an unarmed member, and on a 20, he recruits a lightly armed member...*rolls*...A 17!!! DARN IT!!!

My guys are hiding inside the HFS pit.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Jack A T ]

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Jack A T ]

Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »

Dwarfaholic : It's reversal, remember ? So you actually lose points for killing stuff instead of gaining them.

Jamini : Still reversal. So Stanly the Plaid is tantrumming and Jack A. T. can play normally. However Jack A.T. is still sacrificed.

I order my chasm critters NOT TO attack Asheron's civ.

*NOT rolls a dice*

Looks like they are all pink commies. Therefore they all duplicate and become mines.

I am now the owner of many mines which detonate within your civ, destroying your research facilities and killing 99% of your people, except the leaders who were hiding in their command bunkers.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »

What??? Aww...
A very good move, sir. A very good move indeed. I fear I will have to initiate a global nuclear war on my satelite states F-3 and F-4 to save my skin.
I start firing nuclear missiles at the reversal portal's energy source located in the trans-dimensional matrix. They shall arrive the next turn, ending the reversal effect on everything.
Now, I dig in and order my giant cave spiders to move towards the underground bunkers where my leaders are. I order my leaders to start creating tanks from the massive amounts of steel of the mines laying around. If I roll a 45 with a D64, I can requisition shields for those tanks.
*rolls an 64*
Blast! That's not a 45. However, throwing the perfect number 64 entitles me to a secret super weapon, which I place in F-9.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »

however, with reversal, i have to type with no caps.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2008, 12:31:00 pm »

ASHERON YOU'RE CRAZY !!! Do you know what happens when nuclear missiles detonate within a portal ? According to the Portals Rulebook the blast of the explosion is multiplied by infinity (since the reversal portal is a zone of normal space, it is not divided by zero) causing a large part of the blast to move through the closing portal effectively annihilating the whole playing area and its contents.

Under the rule of Use of Weapons of Mass Destruction paragraph C alinea 72, your population revolts (those survivors who launched the attack) and seizes control of the missile control facilities. They start pressing all the buttons randomly.

*Rolls d20 reversal dice*
-42. Uh oh, the missiles go off course and target whatever they want.

EDIT : The Leadership Ruleset indicates that leaders are considered as nobles unless appointes by the player. Your leaders rose to power through strength of arms and therefore are useless nobles. They don't know how to build a tank.

No wait, reversal is still in effect so they are actually super-experts and build your massive tank army which should be ready by the beginning of your next turn. However due to lack of storage space within the bunkers your leaders suffocate.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »

To protect my giant cave spiders from certain death by radiation, I fit one of them into the still at T-8. The other one starts building an anti-radiation silk shield in which I harbour my tank army. Mwhuahua.

Also, since I am using a few rules from the pantshelm rulebook, the alcohol intoxication is duplicated on every unit of my. This means the spider in the still get's 30 extra action points and the ability to throw its own vomit at anything two tiles around it.

[ May 14, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6