Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Another game of TACTICUS  (Read 11121 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Another game of TACTICUS
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2008, 01:50:00 pm »

Snugglebear, Jreengus occurring means all TODDLERS die from toenail cancer, you are confusing the rulesets! (your move would be coret if we were playing whit the Spikeinked addition, but we are not.)
Your interpretion of CXVIII-382157 is correct as far as I can see.

As I said the Urist Conditional Ruleset is in effect, the standard Urist ruleset however is not.

And the position of the marmots is irrelevant due to the perpendicular equilibrium, they are in metaposition 8653976. (see table CCCI)

Oh, and as they are now in metaspace:
Vactor cancels developing and constructing the Meta-lever: interupted by marmot!

I declare Noob Gank ruleset illegal, this is a profesional game and not to be infested by that wrenched abomination! BAH!

*rolls d20:s*
The creatures that die from old age is:
One !!Rope reed pants!!. (Dwarfaholic)
Three named skeletal harpies and one rabid eel. (Devaths )
One zombie camel. (Asheron)

Armok likes TACTICUS for it's chaos!  :D

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2008, 02:05:00 pm »

If no one minds, I'd like to join.  Using the Urist Conditional Ruleset, I start a one dwarf migration (due to the amount of dwarf deaths) whose first (and last) dwarf is called Urist.  Since Urist is an unskilled peasant, I invoke Section IV, subsection CVXXXIII, paragraph 2, line 199889073; which entitles me to pull one lever.  Therefore, I have Urist pull the fire safety lever, which uses water to put out all fires, and then disposes of all water in the chasms.

Oh wait, all chasms have become walkable.  Therefore, the water does not drain.  Z-level -15 has become flooded.  Shoot the lever is on -14.

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »

By the mention of z-levels, using the unbannable Jack ruleset, rule 144g, all nobles get squashed under bridges, giving me an extra turn.  I use that turn to have one of my goblins make a table in my mason's workshop, which allows me to invoke Jack ruleset rule 15q, which gives all players a free war dog each, and gives me a free still.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Snugglebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>Snugglebear, Jreengus occurring means all TODDLERS die from toenail cancer, you are confusing the rulesets! (your move would be coret if we were playing whit the Spikeinked addition, but we are not.)
Your interpretion of CXVIII-382157 is correct as far as I can see.

As I said the Urist Conditional Ruleset is in effect, the standard Urist ruleset however is not.

And the position of the marmots is irrelevant due to the perpendicular equilibrium, they are in metaposition 8653976. (see table CCCI)

Oh, and as they are now in metaspace:
Vactor cancels developing and constructing the Meta-lever: interupted by marmot!

I declare Noob Gank ruleset illegal, this is a profesional game and not to be infested by that wrenched abomination! BAH!

*rolls d20:s*
The creatures that die from old age is:
One !!Rope reed pants!!. (Dwarfaholic)
Three named skeletal harpies and one rabid eel. (Devaths )
One zombie camel. (Asheron)

Armok likes TACTICUS for it's chaos!   :D</STRONG>

You're right, I'm a little rusty on Jreengus.  On the other hand that saves me the trouble of attempting to return the kobolds to play later as I continue my plan to cause a "Diplomatic Incident" event and thereby achieve de facto victory until the release of the caravan arc.

The presence of the marmots in metaspace causes a ripple effect, described in subsection MCMLXXIV of rule 9.  Other animals, domesticated or not, may be drawn into metaspace on a roll of 3 at the end of every third turn.  Animals in metaspace score no points but may provoke further ripple effects and be enlisted for wildlife preserves at the owner's discretion.

"Engraved on the wall is an exceptionally-designed image of a dragon and a dwarf by Ber Ilavuz.  The dragon is making a plaintive gesture.  The dwarf is striking a menacing pose."

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2008, 02:31:00 pm »

Since we only have one z-level, it means that the whole terrain is now flooded, perma-flooded even. All creatures that cannot breathe water (and the list is rather long in the 0.22.123.23a rulebook) die.

Now, let me consult my rulebooks on Portals to see what happens when water goes through a Reversal Portal...

Here it written that "the player flooding a reversal portal gets ownership of the portal until the portal is de-flooded, at that time the portal reverses itself causing the reversal effect to affect the whole playing area except the area inside the portal which becomes normal space".

All right, I now decide to settle out of court by paying an <item> in my dining room, which once again enables chasm tiles to function properly causing the water to drain away, as well as anything on the newly functionnal chasm tiles, including a bronze colossus, a goblin hammerer and Jack's Rulebook (unique manuscript) as well as Jack himself. Since all reference material to Jack's Laws has been lost, it can no longer be used.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

*exits the chasm*

Heh heh heh...I have more rulesets than one...

And by Jack A T ruleset rule 798v, if I ever go down a chasm, I gain 1 troop of my choice.  I choose a single goblin trader.

[ May 13, 2008: Message edited by: Jack A T ]

Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2008, 03:45:00 pm »

I considered joining, but battle royales have never been my strong suit. I'm a beast in one-on-one duels though, and if anyone wants I can definitely conduct one via PMs.

You know, this one time, I was in a rather nasty spot. I was using a personal variation on the Bluetongs defence, by only de-fencing a part of my opponent's wall, but he succeeded in a Mayoral Tantrum gambit so I was in a bad spot, what with the two dozen crossbowgoblins that would've otherwise attack him rushing out of the holes I put in his wall. Now, this was really bad, but I had a few aces up my sleeve. I used my surplus of corkscrews and pipe sections from a previous Waterfall gambit, it's a classic but oh-so-rare these days, really sad, but anyway I had all these corkscrews and pipe sections. I created the dozen pump/triple lump/windmill/instakill room project(I've always hated the name, but it's official) out of my trade depot, which had previously been enlarged to quintuple it's original size and drowned them all. Then I drafted every single peasant in a classic Cheap Shot assault and WHAM! Killed his civilians and had the rest of his dwarves tantrum. Heh heh... Man, that was a good one... Oh and then there was that time when...*rambles on*

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jack A T:
<STRONG>*exits the chasm*

Heh heh heh...I have more rulesets than one...

And by Jack A T ruleset rule 798v, if I ever go down a chasm, I gain 1 troop of my choice.  I choose a single goblin trader.

[ May 13, 2008: Message edited by: Jack A T ]</STRONG>

According to the Standard Pantshelm ruleset section 120.23.alpha2 any player that exits a chasm must be renamed in the timeframe of one statement and for every statement they fail to rename themselves they lose a point, a unit, and a turn. Since you have made a total of six statements you have lost a total of six points, six units, and six turns.

Since you do not have six units to lose, I invoke clause 22 of the Urist Conditional Ruleset, allowing the arbitor to perform one action that pretains to the situation in addition to their regular turn. Thusly, I rename you Lord Stanly the Plaid. Then, in accordance to the Awesome Comic Rule in section 5.1.22 of the glossery of obscure rules I use my own turn to give you the honerable title of "Tool". In doing so I gain three picks and seven civ controllable skeletons with mining enabled that I place together on the floor tile that was placed on my last turn. The skeletons, not suffering from the summoning sickness rule 2.3.4 because of not having a constitution, immediatly grab the picks.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Languidiir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://tcombat.b1.jcink.com
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »

I would just like to say that you're doing it all wrong.

TV references? Silly 5-year-old moves? This is not a true game of Tacticus.
This is a bunch of people who are being silly. You silly people. You're not
sophisticated enough for Tacticus; Tacticus is for true gentlemen.

A young man said, "Damn,
It is borne upon me that I am
   A creature that moves
   In predestinate grooves
Not even a bus, but a tram."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2008, 05:15:00 pm »

Since I gained control of the portal until it has been un-flooded, I throw 1d6 to determine the water level in the portal.

*rolls 1d6*

Alright, so there is 1/7 water in the portal, which under the Liquid Amendment, section 2, counts as flooded.  Therefore, I use the reversal portal to teleport my Urist, reversing to E5. Using rule 213 in section D, every time I warp a dwarf, I can add a butcher workshop, tanner workshop, leatherworker workshop, and ten kegs of sewer brew IF there is no other portal on the field.

Edit:
Also, since this game has now been classified as unsophisticated, does that mean the noob gank rules are back in effect?

[ May 13, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2008, 05:26:00 pm »

An aggresive move, Frelock, and a very good one, indeed.
You force me to sacrifice my camels for the blood god, which entitles me to one nuclear strike, which I shoot into the portal. It reverses in the portal, causing a massive nuclear summer, which boils all water on the map.
I also create the manson workshop I am entitled to, and kidnap a dwarf with my giant cave spider snatchers, which starts to mass consume mugs to confront enemy markets with long term sale plans and devaluation prospects.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Frelock:
<STRONG>Edit:
Also, since this game has now been classified as unsophisticated, does that mean the noob gank rules are back in effect?
</STRONG>

Only if you ensure you remember to follow the pantsing rule in section 24. Which implicitly states that anyone who implies they are a gentleman (or gentlewoman) immediatly be forced to play with only a Baroness Consort who likes Pelagic Clay, Calcareous Ooze, Siliceous Ooze, Adamantium, the color red, crystal glass, large gems, and tentacle demons for their corrupt intentions and a Baron Consort who likes Platinum, Aluminum, Shields, Catapult parts, and Spirits of Fire for their firey glow. Under their control.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2008, 06:53:00 pm »

Ugh, now its just getting childish. Oh well.

I move five skeletal Harpies to G-37 and have the three destroy one of the flaming puppy turrets, unattended due to dwarf-fire attraction clause 56b. The rabid eels proceed to move downstream and eat three random fisherdwarves.

By ruleset 1.347.J00, if there are no dwarves fishing, all dwarves decide they need river water to drink.

Due to the absence of lakes from the map, I invoke rule 3 from the Left-handed Glazetails Second addendum to the Lightspikes the Chaste ruleset, which grants me one masterwork temple to the cheesecake god, Leanonlact

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2008, 03:52:00 am »

Since the whole playfield is now under reversal effects, I invoke the rule of chasm reversal. All chasm tiles (except those caught in the no longer reversal portal) spit back anything that fell in them. I place a global counter-net (which works as a normal net, since reversal is in effect) and regain a lawyer and also Jack's Rulebook as well as Jack and a lot of chasm critters, which are too numerous to be listed here.

Under the Rule of Player Duplication (we have now two Jacks), I now sacrifice one Jack and burn Jack's rulebook. It has no other purpose than to make the remaining Jack tantrum. Jack must now post in CAPS. His posts must now make no sense at all. The hammerer (who came back from the chasm too) delivers 2 hammerstrikes to Jack and puts him in chains.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2008, 04:17:00 am »

I envoke the 'Mug Enforcement' Rule, which gives me the ability to buy off chasm creatures with my mugs. I buy a tentacle demon and four antmen, which I place on G-37, who start destroying the flame puppy turrets.
Because their are no humans on the field, I can use the "Exodus" rule, which entitles me to an entire civilization and a magical stick, which has one charge and can rip open a sea.
I place this civilization next to my mason workshop F-9 and I order them to start researching the blueprints of an ak-47. Needlessly to say, by rule 487 under section D in the "Famous Weaponry Research" rulebook, I am entitled to both Molotov cocktails and Mig-29's if the research is complete.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6