Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: {Succession} The (real) Museum  (Read 9636 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: {Succession} The (real) Museum
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2008, 09:40:00 pm »

Well, that was certainly very detailed. I have a perfect mental image of the museum in my head now.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2008, 04:58:00 am »

When I signed up for this, I had high hopes of something really unique.

However, the combination of too many boring updates and the public loss of interest by the chap who came up with this idea is giving me second thoughts.

So.  If at least two other people (re)commit to playing and playing well in following years, then I will take the time to do a solid job in my year.  If this doesn't happen, I'm going to walk out.

Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »

Yes, I'm sure that's going to help the situation immensely. Thank you, Fedor. You contribute to the problem. Have a medal.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Thasero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2008, 08:25:00 pm »

OK, let's not get personal.  It's hard to commit to taking the time out from other things to play a succession round, and that's alright.  Let's all remember that real life really is more important than DF, and you don't have to play if you don't want to.  Those of us who do have time and interest can do our best to make it a lively game for all the viewers at home.

On that note, I asked before but maybe you missed it - Squeegy, would you mind putting me down for another turn at the end of the queue?  Starting the fort just isn't the full succession experience, since you can build everything without having to drag supplies past the rotten corpses of dwarves killed under previous overseers.  Plus, I never actually got to put in an exhibit.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2008, 10:12:31 pm »

Oh dear God why can I never commit to this thread. =(

I suppose the whole thing is incompatible with current versions by now?
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2008, 12:43:55 am »

toady is a masterful programmer, all current versions  are compatible back to 38e or something. His next (huge!) update might break savegames though.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2008, 11:37:04 am »

Alright then, if anyone actually still wants to play I'd be happy to try and commit to this thread some more.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]