Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Healing Adventure mode  (Read 1049 times)

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Healing Adventure mode
« on: August 10, 2006, 03:21:00 am »

Ok, so how do you heal yourself here? I'm not yet in a position where i need to know yet (as that would involve getting ingured without dieing). But if i am lucky I just might escape from this Ettin me and some hammermen are taking on(Me? Oh I'm unared competent wrestler with a rock    :p  Fight him, hopfuly they will win but... I come first.

Ok so that was a question and a story, can't help it gotta share these things!

So incase the question was lost in all that it is: How do you heal in adventure mode? lots of sleep?

[ August 10, 2006: Message edited by: Gedsaro ]

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Healing Adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 03:33:00 am »

I've needed healing only once, and just a little sleep was enough. It wasn't very bad, mostly several bruises all around, a blackened eye and a "bruised brain", which sounded kinda bad, but after going back to the town and sleeping once I was in full health again.

Worse injuries might of course take much longer, but at least a bruised brain seems to be cured overnight.

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 03:38:00 am »

Well, I'd think the vernacular term for a bruised brain is a "concussion", so yeah, it's possible to heal quickly, assuming the so-called bruise didn't actually rupture any capillaries inside the skull... otherwise you're pretty much screwed.  Human medicine probably amounts to drilling your forehead to get the sickness out, too. ;-)

[ August 10, 2006: Message edited by: JT ]

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 03:40:00 am »

Well its good to know at least some can be healed easly enough.

Unfortunatly for me I didn't get to heal my bad wounds.
My fellows did manage to kill the Ettin while I was laying unconius from pain halfway to the cave entrance, but being unable to stand and constantly giving into the pain made me decide to sleep. While I was sleeping a troll wandered by, my guys fought it and kept it at bay, but while that was happening an unconious ratman woke up and attacked me while i slept, needless to say he killed me.   :(

Beowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 05:31:00 am »

I found the most easy way to heal wounds that aren't too severe is just to begin to travel(on the big map).
The next encounter you're usually fully healed again and if you reach a town first and are not yet in top shape you can sleep there I'd think.

And yeah using all the companions you can get and running when things look bad is a must.

warf mode exists for giving you a break from and to supply sites and stuff for Adventure mode!

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 03:56:00 pm »

All injuries except severs are instantly healed when you travel.  So, unless you get an eye poked out or something chopped off, just leave the region and walk a square and you'll be fine.  Sleeping works too, but for yellow/red injuries it takes a LONG time.

Tsk tsk for not experimenting closer with sleeping in town!  You should heave checked your injuries BEFORE you first slept to see how much you're healed.

Renaxer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 04:49:00 am »

One of my guys had a chunk of his head bitten off, but when I went to a new area everything seemed fine in the status area.

He would just relive the PAIN at the worst moments causing him to collapse  :(

He was still able to kill a undead spearmaster and some ettin.. but a naked mole rat or dog.. I forget what they are cause all I see is naked mole then vibrant colors that distract me..

Tackled
Nose torn off
Throat torn off
Large Portion of brain torn off Badly

Flash MORTAL WOUND Flash

I did the logical thing and tried to crawl away to enjoy my piece of meat I was carrying right before I blacked out and died.   ;)

oof

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 05:30:00 am »

He he heh e..  the persistent pain from missing limbs (the SHADOW limb) is a kinda problem right now, waiting for scarring to stop it.  Of course, also around that time are the infections and disease, very heroic stuff.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!