Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: {Community Adventurer} Ivan Rithsut, Stygian  (Read 1124 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
{Community Adventurer} Ivan Rithsut, Stygian
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:03:00 pm »

Kratos, village elder: "So you're leaving? I can foresee that you will have exciting adventures, meet interesting people, and eventually die a violent death."

I am a Stygian, a skeletal humanoid race. I am an expert markstygian and a skilled armor user. My name is Ivan Rithsut. I have set off from my home town in search of adventure and fame. Many a year I have trained, perfecting my skills, preparing for ettins and dragons. I have taken with me my elemental crossbow and bolts. Soon my adventure will begin.

A Few Quick Notes About Stygians
Stygians are a skeletal humanoid race that takes residence in the mountains. Rumors are they are all that remains of the dwarven race but it has been discarded as stygians are much too tall, and the popular theory is that stygians killed the dwarves off. A stygian has veins running through from its head down to the claws at the end of each finger, which inject a paralyzing liquid into a victim when puncturing skin. It is used for self-defense when disarmed. The only way to weaken a stygian is to chop its arms of, which renders it entirely defenseless, and as it is made out of bone, it can be easily disposed of. Getting close enough to disarm (heh, pun) them is hard enough, though, as they have a wide array of magical weapons, including battle axes that freeze an opponent to short swords that seem to be red hot without really being hot at all. Also, another problem is that Stygians don't actually have hands, just animal-like skeletal paws.

List o' Open Spots
At the moment I have not assembled a team, so now is the time to make requests.

[ April 13, 2008: Message edited by: Squeegy ]

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
Re: {Community Adventurer} Ivan Rithsut, Stygian
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »

What would these creatures be allied with? (humans, goblins, etc.)
Id like a drunk of whatever race you have, call him Bone.
out of curiosity, how did you mod the creature and entity (and from the sound of things weopon)files to get these creatures?
Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: {Community Adventurer} Ivan Rithsut, Stygian
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 06:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Frodo:
<STRONG>What would these creatures be allied with? (humans, goblins, etc.)
Id like a drunk of whatever race you have, call him Bone.
out of curiosity, how did you mod the creature and entity (and from the sound of things weopon)files to get these creatures?</STRONG>

They're basically like dwarves with allies.

Also, I changed the creature_standard, entity_default to them, modded weapons to do burn, cold, etc. damage, and made a skeletal, animal-like humanoid creature.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles