Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Chaoschain(Hydra Fortress)  (Read 24392 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaoschain(Hydra Fortress)
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

Nah, leave it as is. Just change my title accordingly.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

Rosa trudged though the cold, heartless halls Lamid Beravuz. Her heart heavy as she listened to the man who she had followed for miles aboveground and dedicated most of her adult waking life to restlessly snoring in the room beside her own. Her face was damp, and her eyes ringed with the dark circles from lack of sleep. Her normally bushy blonde hair falling lank over her head.

Cobbles, Cobbles the builder. Her one true love, loved another. She would never have belived it had another person told her, but there was no one else here. Just her and Cobbles. The letters from MirroredAbbey could not be faked though, nor disbelieved. Somehow, somehow her beloved Cobbles had found time to visit Lady Impending Doom. Using time and effort that he had never shared for the one dwarf who truely loved him, Cobbles had betrayed her trust... and her love.

The carved walls seemed to lean in on Rosa as she worked fevorishly in the workshop she had constructed. A masterpiece for her beloved, one of many. Everywhere the smoothed walls and carefully built doors that would protect them both and keep him near her seemed to laugh. Mocking her foolish daydream that everything would be all right. After all, Cobbles had let her in. That sparkle in his eye when she showed up at his door with her few belongings proving that she would have a warm home for the rest of her life. A sparkle that had turned into a foolish lie.

No, she could not live like this. Dedicating her heart and body to the whim of a man who did not, could not love her back.

With an angry crack she slammed her fist against the nearest wall, loosing a rough stone from and outcrop. The small obsidian chunk bouncing down the nearby staircase into the mines. "No!" Her voice echoed in the empty room, the shrillness of it affecting her much like a sharp slap on the face.

She immediatly calmed down, the tentacles of the dwarven tantrum that had nearly ensnared her loosing their hold on her limbs. The angry fire in her eyes dying down into a cooler simmer. "No." She said again to herself, a deadly calm overtaking her as she walked away from the workshop to get a drink from the food stockpiles.

[ April 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »

I am shifting the "seasons" to coincide with the arrival of caravans, so as to better allow for you all to trade for it's goods. As such, Midseason to midseason is the season. So Autumn to Winter is done. By the way, DoctrZombie, that Hematite vein had some aluminium in it. They aren't mined out. Nothing has been traded yet, so there is no addition to anyone's currency for this turn. The  main cause is because one is updating the stockpile records, the other is preparing the area so that the trade group won't be wiped out by goblins.

Midwinter Stocks:
Martinelli's:
99+ Obsidian
2 logs
4 Rough Yellow Zircons
4 Turtle Bones
4 Dwarven Wine + 1 Barrel
1 Plump Helmet + 1 Barrel
6 Turtle + 1 Barrel (almost rotten)
3 Plump Helmet Spawn
3 Turtle Shell
3 Cat
2 Kitten
6 Dog
3 Puppies

MirredAbby:
18 Obsidian
19 Microcline
5 Turtle + 1 Barrel (Almost Rotten)
4 Dwarven Wine + 1 Barrel
2 Plump Helmet + 1 Barrel
1 Plump Helmet Spawn

The Purple Cap:
66 Hematite
99+ Obsidian
2 Obsidian Blocks
1 Pig Tail Rope
3 Turtle Bones
3 Shell
8 obsidian Mechanisms
7 turtle + 1 barrel (almost rotten)
9 Dwarven Wine + 3 Barrel
20 Plump Helmet + 3 barrel
2 Plump Helmet Spawn
1 Cat
2 Dog
2 Puppies

Crashthunders:
10 Logs
37 Microcline
3 Obsidian
6 Andesite
99+ Diorite
43 Dwarven Rum + 11 Barrel
10 Dwarven Wine + 2 Barrel
20 Turtle (10 almost rotting) + 2 Barrel
3 Barrel
4 Plump Helmet Spawn
1 Plump Helmet
6 Turtle Bones
6 Shell
33 Turtle Roast

Lamid Beravuz:
58 Obsidian
45 Microcline
2 Stone Floodgates
1 Wood Floodgate
2 Stone Door
2 Mule Leather
2 Pig Tail Thread
5 Pig Tail Seeds + 2 Plump Helmet Spawn  + 1 barrel + 1 Bag
2 Mule Meat (almost rotten) + 1 barrel
8 Turtle (almost rotten) + 1 barrel
9 Plump Helmet + 1 Barrel
5 Dwarven Ale + 1 Barrel
2 Barrels
(Offered for trade :)
4 Obsidian Short Swords
4 Stone Puzzlebox
1 Stone Mini-forge
5 Stone Instruments
1 Stone idol
1 Stone Scepter
3 Stone Bracelet
1 Stone Crown
1 Stone Amulet
2 Stone Ring
3 Puppies
1 Wardog

Unnamed Group:
99+ Obsidian
4 Wood Logs
14 Turtle (9 are close to rotting) + 2 Barrel
13 Dwarven Beer + 4 Barrel
10 Plump Helmet + 1 Barrel
4 Sweet Pod Seeds + 1 Barrel + 1 Bag
1 turtle bone
1 turtle shell
1 Barrel

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

Rosa has yet to make a masterwork. She's still dabbling with masonry. Just thought some salt would be appropriate here :0

I think Cobbles will regret his decision to let Roza in...

He should have hid those letters better!
Mappy map map:
The Magmaduct is shown on this map, with the pool drawn in channels.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2008, 06:34:00 pm »

Any openings?

Name: Squeegy
Sex: lots       (male)
Profession: markshydra

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2008, 06:49:00 pm »

That's not quite what it means by 'Hydra Fortress'.

You see, the map is divided up into six equal parcels, each run by a single dwarf, each of whom has several 'minions' under them. These mini-forts can then trade, negotiate, do battle, etc.

That being said, you're welcome to join!

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »

Oh boy, Cobbles is in trouble.  If he doesn't die of thirst, it looks like Rosa's cooking up something nasty.  Hell hath no fury.  Ah well, no matter, I'm in love!  :ducks:  I think it's only fitting that the highest-value stonecraft Cobbles has made so far shall be sent to Lady Impending Doom as a gift.

Speaking of cooking something up, we'd better get a still up fast.  Please build one right next to the carpenter's workshop on z-3, and brew those plump helmets until we're out of barrels!

I don't know if you noticed, but I edited my post to request some wood.  I'd be more than happy to clean up these cluttered stockpiles and get some bins made, as well as that second bed  :)  And I'm fine with having only farmers harvest if everyone else is.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2008, 09:03:00 pm »

I saw the request for wood. As soon as the miner gets to the aqueduct and the defense system for the traders to hide in in case of emergency is done by the other one, then commerce will commence.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2008, 03:51:00 am »

All right, since I have a lot of microcline, have me build a floor from the top of the "trade chute" (level z0) to the edge of the "wilderness". That should enable trade again.
code:

+++++++++++++
    +
 (space wrap, it's only floor)
    +
z-0 :+   (addition)
++++++++
+......+  
+..X...+  
+.OOOO.+  
+.OGGTG+ (this is the previous setup)  
+.OOOO.+  
+......+  
++++++++

Also, enable Plant Gathering on me and have me gather plants (duh?) at the beginning of each season.

Build me a carpenter's workshop too (anywhere is fine, as long as it's not crushed by collapse).

Oh yeah, please make sure no one gets crushed by roof-fall. Draft me if necessary.

If anyone need wood or wooden goods, ask me : I'll trade.

[ April 16, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2008, 08:23:00 am »

Looks like I have some problems to attend to.

In the 20X20 area I want a kitchen, butchery, fishary, and still built.
I want all 4 corresponding tasks enabled on both dwarves.
I want to prepare the turtles before they rot (hopefully), and cook easy meals.
I want to build 2 floodgates, although I think I only need one?

This begs the question: How do I tap into the water without getting my dwarf stuck behind the floodgate?

STEP 1: Build and place a door to the enterance of the well room (top)--just in case

Step 2: I want to add a lever in the well room above to connect to the floodgate so I can activate it/deactivate it in an emergency.
Step 3: I want to set one floodgate in the opening to the well room.
Step 4: I want to link up the lever to the floodgate,(that way if the dwarf who built the floodgate got stuck he can be released. I don't think I should have to tell you to do this if it happens but I will anyway =D)
Step 5: I want the pressure plates linked to the floodgate.
Final Steps: I want the floodgate opened, tap into the water, and then hopefully things will go well...

If they don't, hopefully I only flood one room -- the well room.
I can't test this out because I don't have DF at work and it's clear to me that the well needs be built soon, so...praying to armok =p

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2008, 08:52:00 am »

Oh, hey, I did get into the next wave. I get to help impending doom's fortress!

I figure we'll need to build a monument at somepoint. Also, I think the area should be walled off and equipped with a drawbridge at some point.

quot;I guess all of the fairy tales were about people having their crap stolen." -Toady One

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2008, 11:36:00 am »

Generalvaltar, there is no way into the fortresses from random creatures. Only creatures that are deliberately released there.
Here is the direct link to Impending Doom's Fortress:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-4365-fortress2mirroredabbey

(Edit 1: DoctrZombie, you never clarified if you wanted me to turn that 6x12 into the 20x20 or go down 1 more level. I am confused by it.

quote:
If all that is done and all we're doing is farming, I'd like to dig out another 6x12 room one floor below my lowest level (IE: a pair of stairs down against any open wall of the floor I currently have dug out, then a 6X12 room from that.) put a still and kitchen in this room.

[ April 16, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

Clarification: Yes please, enlarge the room.

Aparently I already told you to put a still and kitchen in it. Nevermind the second order--I will only need one of each, but I still want the room enlarged.

[ April 16, 2008: Message edited by: DoctrZombie ]

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »

Here are the trade requests as I see them:
4 Wood Logs for The Purple Cap (32 Currency)
6 wood logs for Lamid Beravus (48 Currency)

If I missed any, please let me know ASAP.

The Purple Cap doesn't have any trade goods to offer yet (You have been rather busy with either mining that Hematite ore, Svartamyrkur has been busy doing everything except working in the craftsdwarf workshop, the lazy bum!)
Lamid Beravus does, and as soon as the delivery from Lamid Beravus to MirroredAbby is done, then some of it's goods will be delivered to the trader. Once that happens, some wood will be delivered to it.

Also, I would like to inform everyone again that because minions have a mind of their own, it is up to the lords to accept them. You can request a minion become your "immigrant" if you have an immigrant that matches what they want(Jamini only wanted one fortress, for example), and you can turn down a minion for your fortress for that immigrant wave, though that can occasionally cause you to have to skip a season with no immigrant.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »

Aye-- as far as the minion I have in my fort, he's been strangely quiet. Anything he says trumps my orders so long as it dosn't directly DOOM the fort. =D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13