Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Chaoschain(Hydra Fortress)  (Read 24389 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaoschain(Hydra Fortress)
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

Here is the goods offered from the elven caravan. Please note that prices are a little inflated because of 2 reasons
1) Trader's cut for hauling the goods
2) The 'extra profit' that the merchants demand when making trade deals
Cedar Cage + Donkey = 300 ¤
Oaken Cage + Cougar = 200 ¤
1 Barrel = 25 ¤ ea
5 Cloth Bin w/ 10 Rope Reed Cloth in each = 450 ¤ ea
52 rope reed cloth = 50 ¤ ea
2 rope reed thread = 30 ¤ ea

Just so you know, anvils should be arriving next season with the human caravan, and certainly will arrive with the dwarven caravan the season after.

End of season stocks:
Fortress-wide animal population: 41 (You all can extrapolate animals from that, since I am tired of hunting them down and counting them)

Martinelli's:
99+ Obsidian
11 Andesite
76 Microcline
82 Alunite
4 Rough yellow Zircons
2 Logs
5 Plump Helmet +1 Barrel
4 Turtle + 1 barrel
1 Tower Cap barrel
1 Plump Helmet Spawn
5 Shells

MirroredAbbey:
73 Obsidian
19 Microcline
1 Obsidian Crown from Lamid Beravuz
1 Barrel
1 Dwarven Wine
4 Turtle
4 Shells
4 Bones
4 Rough yellow Zircons

The Purple Cap:
42 Stone Crafts
1 Plump helmet Spawn
99 Obsidian
2 Obsidian Blocks
1 Microcline
3 Native Aluminum
66 Hematite
1 Dwarven Wine + 1 Barrel
3 Plump Helmets + 1 Barrel
3 Barrel
7 Plump Helmet Biscuits + 1 Barrel
4 Turtles + 1 Barrel
1 Floodgate
1 Door
1 Mechanism
4 Shells
5 Bones

Crashthunders The Doom of Trees:
37 Microcline
3 Obsidian
6 Andesite
10 Logs
99 Diorite
49 Turtle Roast
3 Shells
3 Bones
5 Barrels
10 Plump Helmet + 1 barrel
13 Dwarven Wine + 3 barrel
37 Dwarven Rum + 9 Barrel
1 Prickleberry Seed

Lamid Beravuz:
1 Native Aluminum
11 Microcline Blocks
18 Microcline
49 Obsidian
2 Mule Leather
2 Pig Tail Thread
1 Dwarven Wine + 1 Barrel
1 Dwarven Ale + 1 Barrel
2 Barrel
7 Plump Helmet + 1 barrel
8 Turtle + 1 barrel
1 Mule Meat + 1 barrel
3 Plump Helmet Spawn
5 Pig Tail Seeds + 1 Bag
22 Stone Crafted Objects
4 Stone Swords
1 Wood Floodgate
1 Stone Door

Unnamed Group:
4 Logs
99 Obsidian
1 Alunite
3 Cobaltite
8 Turtle + 2 barrel
4 Sweet Pod Seeds + 1 Bag + 1 Barrel
2 Barrel
12 Plump Helmet + 2 Barrel
5 Dwarven Beer + 2 Barrel

The Map

[ April 16, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2008, 08:08:00 pm »

Well, I don't know what you're doing if more than one fortress wants the same thing, but here's what I'd like in priority order:  Barrel, cougar, donkey, cloth.  I'm not really sure how much of that I can afford (please save enough crafts to buy that 6 wood!), but based on our current inventory, it looks like we might need to live off of cougar meat for a while...

From Cobbles's journal-

It's been a long winter, and we're nearly out of drink!  It looks like it'll be a while until we can have a functioning well, too.  I had hoped the elves might have brought us some berries or wine for trade, but we had no such luck.

I sent a crown to my love Impending Doom.  I showed it to Roza before I sent it, but she seemed upset by it.  I guess she didn't like my taste.  Next time I send a gift, I'll be sure to get Roza's advice before I send it.

Roza's been reorganizing our stockpiles.  That's great, I had a pretty disorganized set-up before, and was too busy to rearrange things.

Things are shaping up, and once we can get our wood everything will be fairly nicely squared away.  But wait!  We're unprotected!  I know there's no way for foes to enter the fortress now, but who knows what tomorrow will bring?  Thus, once all my other current tasks are done, I'm going to build 6 mechanisms, and make 4 stone traps in the area just north of the stairs down into our fortress (on z-1).  At the base of those same stairs (z-2), I'll build 2 weapon traps, each with 2 obsidian swords.  We can deconstruct those traps and get the swords back later once the magma's flowing and we can make some nice glass weapons, but I'll sleep better at night knowing we're protected.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »

First come first serve when it comes to issues with buying stuff from the caravans. You aren't in a food crisis yet though. typically 4 food feeds 1 dwarf for 1 season.
Your fortress has
1 Mule Meat
7 Plump Helmet
8 Turtle

This is enough for you to last two seasons with no problems farming nothing at your current population. You can reject further population as well, preventing a swelling of population eating your food.

(Edit 1: Okay, a little definition of the trade as it will be applied. Hauling goods is going to cost 2 currency. That means every individual object that is required to be hauled will cost you 2 currency (for trade between fortresses or tacked onto the value of objects that are up on the surface and therefore available for buying.)
When you provide an object for trade, the value of that object is deposited in your "bank" as it gets delivered to the "Trade Zone". There is no extra tacked on this, since it gets added on in other places. All these "Extra" costs are to offset the brutal negotiation of merchants plus being able to supply "credit" eventually, where I can allow people to buy stuff with objects currently in their fortress rather then already deposited items. Right now, there is no "central bank" of extra stored value to provide loans against undeposited items to, meaning the extra value I have is limited to 300 ¤. As such, I will only allow a credit of 60 to each fortress for this particular go around.

Trading with Merchants is limited to the value of goods already deposited to the trader group and credit limit. Trading with other fortresses and the traders isn't so limited. As soon as you get the proper amount of currency, the trade can be issued. I view certain transfers as high priority. Food and drink is high priority, and I will unassign jobs to a dwarf to get that hauling done quickly. Seeds are moderate priority, and will be transferred before things like wood and ore. Basic survival tasks for the trader group, such as getting the standard defenses up, take priority over transfer of non-critical trades. This is why the wood hasn't been transferred yet.

The Currency as deposited by the end of the season is updated and displayed on page 1. That lets you know what you can buy. For example, Martinelli's has 1¤, MirroredAbby has 130¤, and Lamid Beravuz has 534¤. This doesn't reflect actual wealth. The Purple Cap has 42 Stone Crafts, and from my rough count it will be on par of Lamid Beravuz's wealth, if not top it when things are deposited.

On to the next step, who gets priority of deposeted items.

It goes in a circle of those who have goods for offer. Lamid Beravuz had materials when I was ready to do a pickup, so they dropped goods. The Purple Cap didn't have any at that time. Now both Lamid Beravuz and The Purple Cap have goods for offering, so The Purple Cap gets the next deposit, and then Lamid Beravuz. Right now with the limited availability of traders to trade (they are working on the Aqueduct and basic defense) only 18 or so goods will be picked up in each round. As the trader population grows, so will the ability to collect large amounts of goods.

So, to recap, Current value everyone has available to trade:
Martinelli's:
¤: 1
MirroredAbbey:
¤: 130 + 60 Credit (Your crown provides collateral)
The Purple Cap:
¤: 1 + 60 Credit (Plenty of offered trade goods)
Crashthunders The Doom of Trees:
¤: 0
Lamid Beravuz:
¤: 534 + 60 Credit (Plenty of offered trade goods)
Unnamed Group:
¤: 0

[ April 16, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2008, 04:05:00 am »

How is my new trade setup progressing ? If it's operational I'd like to deposit 6 logs into the trade zone. If it's not, then turn off all labors for my dwarf (not the minion) except masonry until it's complete (then turn them back on).

If anyone could sell me an axe, I'd be very happy to provide more logs.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2008, 07:11:00 am »

Well, those stone crafts arn't sitting in my stores for a reason--I want to trade them all as soon as possible, within reason. I don't think I can scrounge up the 450 required for a cloth bin in time before the elves leave, what do you think?

Are logs available to trade? I know the elves didn't bring any but I'm assuming your trade group is sawing some down for that reason alone. How much do they cost?

I don't believe I can scrape together 450* worth in order to buy a whole bin of cloth, so put me down for two rolls of cloth. Every single craft in my stronghold is to be traded eventually, in return for the wood and cloth. If, by some amazing power, I manage to rack up 450* in trade goods before the elves hike off, I want a bin of cloth (mostly for the bin!)

And now for fortress orders:
-Stop the cooking in the kitchen. I don't want to waste any more raw plump helmets. If the community votes to turn cooking plumps off, that's fine and I can resume cooking of turtle biscuits =D
-Enlarge the finished goods stockpile by digging out the back wall (on z-2) for another 10 squares by 4 squares

IE:

code:

OOOOOOOOOOO
GGGGGGGGGGO
GGGGGGGGGGO
GGGGGGGGGGO
GGGGGGGGGGO
OOOOOOOOOOO

that should be added to the current stockpile.

NEED WOOD FOR BUCKET AND BED!

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2008, 11:47:00 am »

The slowdown exsists with the hauling capacity of the trader group. The trader group can only haul so much. I've got them hauling what they can, but at the same time they are trying to get the Aqueduct working and provide a defense against goblin attackers so that they aren't wiped out to a man preventing any future trade. It isn't at your individual level.

Istrian, I got you expanding your "surface" area while I wait for available traders. Yes, you can trade logs, but only their value is applied when going to the merchants. The going rate for logs from the traders is 8 currency, which I am sure you could beat, but keep in mind the traders will cost 2 currency to haul it between fortresses, and right now your hauling wouldn't be high priority. Your "trade path" is already done, as you can see in the current map.

Doctrzombie, I will do my best to get enough for one bin of cloth for you, but no guarantees. I understand your desperate need for wood, and am trying to accommodate them all as soon as I can. I expect to get the wood delivered this season, as the stockpiles will finally be up to "highest precision". The Aqueduct takes top priority though, and only drink or food trades will be done without having a dwarf clear of other priority tasks.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2008, 11:50:00 am »

Understood--and that all makes perfect sence.

I've decided on one dig order as well: Expand the seed stockpile to a 3x3 area and Open up another 3X3 farm plot south of the seed stockpile all on z-1

code:

OSSSO<--current
OSSSO<--new
OSSSO
OFFFO
OFFFO
OFFFO
OOOOO  

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

Since I have so little booze left I would like to brew 2 barrels worth and start planting plump helmets again.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2008, 01:46:00 pm »

The Elves have caused trouble regarding wooden handles on obsidian swords.
An Elven caravan is not expected next year, or for several more years.

The Traders are now offering the following goods at adjusted prices.
Cedar Cage + Donkey Lamid Beravuz 200 ¤
Oaken Cage + Cougar Lamid Beravuz 100 ¤
1 Barrel Lamid Beravuz 12 ¤
1 Cloth Bin Lamid Beravuz 225 ¤
6 wood logs Lamid Beravus 48 ¤
--Bill: 585 ¤

4 Wood Logs The Purple Cap 32 ¤
2 Cloth Bin The Purple Cap 450 ¤
--Bill 482 ¤

Page 1 now has trader goods for sale.

(Edit 1: Istrian, you were blown 6 tiles north and 1 tile east from this:

You were knocked unconscious, but otherwise unhurt. 2 more tiles and you'd have been out of your territory and into trader territory.

(Edit 2: Migrants have arrived. I would like to remind everyone that two minions are available.

Jamini, your digging project wasn't 100% completed when Cobbles woke up. I don't think he noticed since he went right to making stone crafts though. Then again, you do have the pick he's literally slept with for the past year...

[ April 17, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2008, 02:29:00 pm »

Yesss Two full bins of cloth as well as 4 wood.
For the wood
-1 bucket
-1 bed
-1 obsidian sword
-1 barrel

in the 20X20 room build a 5X10 Cloth Storage in the southeast corner and forbid bins. That should help empty out the cloth from those good-for-goods bins of mine. Also build a clother's shop next to that stockpile and churn out 4 cloth bags. That'll help with seed storage as well as gathering sand when we tap into the magma later...

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »

It is all pending delivery, but as I wait for the rest of the migrants to enter the map (The Multiple shift-number things keep trying to go to the fortress dining rooms rather then the outdoor meeting areas, causing them to stand at the map entrence for a day each. It's frustrating!) I'm having them move goods.

(Edit 1: Lamid Beravuz has recieved delivery of it's goods)

(Edit 2: The Purple Cap has recieved delivery of it's goods)

Here is the migrant list. As of right now, everyone is getting 3 migrants, bringing populations up to 5. This may be an unacceptable strain on some fortresses, so consider what migrants you take carefully. Also, they will only have their job skills and hauling on, so you will need to specify what jobs to turn on. Speaking of turned on jobs, Jamini, some of the workshops you ordered constructed aren't constructed due to the lack of anyone filling that job slot.

(Squeegy wasn't assigned a dwarf from this wave from lack of markshydras, or marksdwarves or any dwarf that could count as one for that matter      :))

Single Dwarves:
1 Stone Worker(novice Mason/Engraver)
2 Trapper
1 Animal Dissector
2 Gem Cutter
1 Fish Cleaner
1 Cheese Maker
1 Cook
1 Miller
1 Herbalist
2 Peasant
Paired Couples:
1 Animal Trainer/1 Peasant

[ April 18, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2008, 03:10:00 pm »

Well, it's ok. I really don't mind if he discovers this particular suprise. Let me know when the walls of that room are smoothed and engraved.

Aside from that, standing orders remain the same.
1. Farming
2. Drink
3. Bins
4. Smoothing (The rest of the fort)

I'd like to brew untill the four barrels for the drink stockpile are full. Then have the extra plump helmets fill the other four.

[ April 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

[ April 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2008, 04:01:00 pm »

Glad to know I'm still alive.

I'll grab the newly arrived carpenter. Failing that, a peassant will do. He/she/it will be called 'Two' until claimed (yes I'm being very original).

Two needs the following labors :
- Wood cutting (I know I have no axe, but that's for when I get one)
- Carpentry (duh!)
- Wood hauling
- Cleaning

Can't remember if I already asked but can you build me a carpenter's at level z-13 (or wherever it was that I asked a clean level). I'll need three beds and five barrels.

Cancel my previous offer of wood, too if it's not too late.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2008, 04:07:00 pm »

Istrian, you can have 3. You want the carpenter, you've got her. Any others, or are you staying at 3 population for now?

(Edit 1: DoctrZombie: You don't have a clothier to build the building or bags...)

[ April 17, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »

Well, he can either use one of the immigrants, or Svartamyrkur can do it.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13