Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Succession Game - The Museum  (Read 12729 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Game - The Museum
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2008, 02:20:00 am »

Dammit...   First community fort I join in on, my dwarf is sacrificed and the fort is thrown into chaos and ruin.  First succession fort I join in on, it goes belly-up after two turns.

Alaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2008, 09:41:00 pm »

It seems that Squeegy has lost interest in DF again. I believe that for the sake of this fortress we should break order of succession and let whoever has the desire and time needed to take over the next year of museum's existence.
Any takers?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2008, 11:49:00 pm »

I believe our good friend the Icelandic puffin is next.  

Boksi, take it away!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2008, 10:00:00 am »

Augh, and I have to do the tundra clan as well. And I've been constantly interrupted by life and there aren't even any hoary marmots around!

Oh well, today is Saturday and tomorrow is Sunday.

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2008, 10:04:00 am »

Well, the next guy can take it.  He's probably been waiting for long enough.

If you don't want to do it right now, you can take your turn some other time, and we'll try and find Gaulgath.  The listing is pretty loose at the moment, seeing as we just need someone to take this up again.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

I shall be the next museum proprietor if you feel over-burdened, Boksi. Only say the word and I'll go ahead and download it.

[ March 01, 2008: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2008, 05:01:00 pm »

I'd appreciate that, yeah. I need some time to do the tundra clan. I'll probably be able to play the museum sometime next week.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2008, 10:34:00 pm »

Ok then, I'll download now and play tomorrow. I shall have fun RPing a dwarf for this, I think.   :D

EDIT: And for now on, could we upload all the save games to the Dwarf Fortress File Depot? That way we can avoid annoying adds and "download tickets."

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2008, 11:04:00 pm »

Journal of Gaul, Museum Proprietor
1st of Granite, 1053, Early Spring

Dearest Journal

It appears I have become hopelessly lost now. It was a grueling journey, certainly, and it lasted for many days, before I, the prestigious and charismatic Gaul Hornfountains, came upon any site of civilization.

You see - and I understand that I have not brought you up to speed in such a long while - I had been sent by our good king himself to look over this dwarven museum, considering my proficiency in crafts and fine art. I traveled with only the clothes on my back and my own wits for many days, and along the way must have gotten lost. Because the dwarven fortress I have arrived at resembles nothing close to a museum of fine arts and history. It is more of a hole in the ground. No display cases, no statues, no historic artifacts, no museum security staff, or... well, anything! The map must simply be wrong.

So I will take it upon myself to ask about and find directions. I shall update you again when I am finished. A dwarf is right in front of me - filthy fellow, by the looks.

That fellow who calls himself "Stodir" must simply be insane, dearest Journal. He actually said that I was at Ancientclutter. Absolute madness, I tell you! Dragonfeathers! Elfbrains! Of all the loony things I have ever heard... I must straighten this out. I will find someone else who is slightly less crazy.

This is most troubling! Most troubling indeed! I am actually at the Museum! Well... this will not do! Everything here is incorrectly set up. I am not sure I will even be able to survive here!

Ah well. I should just make the best of things, I suppose... I'll make this a proper museum yet!

-Gaul

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2008, 03:52:00 pm »

14th Granite

Today we were ambushed by goblin bowmen. Well... the elves were, but without any guards, they are prone to such things. Fortunately for our fine establishment, the greenskins - as my late father once called them - retreated shortly after their cowardly butchery of the defenseless forest creatures. Not that I am one to sob about the deaths of a few elves.

A curious anomaly, arises out of this. Why did theses goblins turn and run? They took no casualties. The rest of the museum staff are rather glad of this development, but it worries me. Should they attack again, it may be more than elf blood spilled.

28th Granite

Today I ordered the deconstruction of the coffins near the entrance. What sort of business are we trying to run here? This is the sort of thing that turns away guests. Do we want them to think this is some sort of curiosity shop for necrophiliacs? Absolutely disgusting.

When asked by a curious young lad about what to do with all the dwarf bones that had spilled out of the coffins I told him, quite angrily, mind you, for I have little patience for such annoying questions, that I wanted them burned. When asked how this was to be done, I ordered a pit dug over the magma so that the last earthly remains of the Museum's staff would be burned.

Exasperating work, I tell you, dearest journal.

19th Slate

Apparently some dwarves see Ancient clutter as a fine job opportunity. More of those migrants arrived. Most absolutely useless.

In other news, some display cases are being dug out. I also want some glass windows for them. We need sand, which, if the founder of this pit had any clue of what he was doing, should be readily available.

[ March 03, 2008: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

[ March 04, 2008: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2008, 10:46:00 pm »

There's a sand pit next to the magma pipe, I was planning on channeling some magma in there for glass furnaces, but the furnace layout was changed by Alaern, so I don't know what it looks like now.

And as for the bones, I'll have you know that you just incinerated the bones of a dwarven hero who died attempting to protect the very museum you're squatting in.  Philistines, I am surrounded by Philistines!

[ March 04, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2008, 11:59:00 am »

With the new artifact drops, the potential for this fort just went up a notch...

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>No, I didn't.  There's a sand pit next to the magma pipe, I was planning on channeling some magma in there for glass furnaces, but the furnace layout was changed by Alaern, so I don't know what it looks like now.

And as for the bones, I'll have you know that you just incinerated the bones of a dwarven hero who died attempting to protect the very museum you're squatting in.  Philistines, I am surrounded by Philistines!</STRONG>

There is sand? Huh. Odd. I'll have to edit my post then.

22nd Felsite

I have just recieved word that a hunter that recently migrated here was killed by a roving iron man. Troubling. At least the corpse is far away from our museum.

23rd Felsite

Two more dwarves have been killed by the iron man. I can not begin to fathom why they are going out there. Whatever it is, I hope they stop soon. I want that artifact bracelet put into our first exhibit! It will look marvelous when it's done.

1st Hematite

By Moldath Nestethusennabreth Merir!

Amazingly the dwarf survived. A nearby iron man hit him in the head but was quickly caught in the web himself. This gave the woodworker enough time to run back to the safety of our fort.

[ March 04, 2008: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2008, 11:54:00 pm »

So, how are things going at the museum?  Have any exhibits been put up for display?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]