Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Succession Game - The Museum  (Read 12221 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Succession Game - The Museum
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:38:00 pm »

Step right up for the succession game- The Museum! The goal is to make a museum holding ONLY masterpiece or exceptionally designed engravings, statues, etc. There can be no rough-hewn spots in the museum either (you're free to create a Chapel-like room, filled with engravings, but try to make everything else just smoothed). It comes with a time limit, too: The museum must be completed by 1070 (yes this is generous, but it's gonna be a fucking huge museum).

The museum may include:
-Statues.
-Engravings.
-Tombs.
-Exceptionally designed/masterpiece items (I wonder if you can do this with stockpiles).
-Dining rooms.

That is NOT all you can put in the museum.

Turn list:
1- Kagus
2- Alaern
3- Squeegy
4- Boksi
5- Gaulgath
6- dean w stick
7- Torak

[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: Squeegy ]

[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: Squeegy ]

[ February 11, 2008: Message edited by: Squeegy ]

[ February 12, 2008: Message edited by: Squeegy ]

[ February 16, 2008: Message edited by: Squeegy ]

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Game - The Museum
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:46:00 pm »

Well, I'm not doing anything.  I'm in.

But I warn you, I'm not a very skilled player.  I've never started magma smelting, never had a siege, never had an elephant or a unicorn attack me, never even reached a cave river/pond, never caught a purring maggot, and the only time I've ever reached adamantine was when I used reveal on my latest fort so I could breach the demon pits and have my fort go out in a blaze of glory.  27 Tentacle demons plus a standard demon can do that, you know.

Also, what are the restrictions as far as utilities go?  Is Dwarf Companion allowed? If so, I should probably download the damn thing...

So, eh, yeah.  I'd rather not be first in line, but I'll do it if no one else will.  You don't have to take me on, either.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 12:01:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>never had a siege, never had an elephant or a unicorn attack me, never caught a purring maggot, and the only time I've ever reached adamantine was when I used reveal on my latest fort</STRONG>

All of those, same here. I do fine.

Also, no utilities are allowed. No reveal.exe, no heal.exe, no Dwarf Companion, no. Sorry. The only utility that will be used is Regional Prospector.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

dean w stick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 12:11:00 am »

I'll play. I'm a little more experienced than you two, once an elephant attacked me.   :D

[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: dean w stick ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 12:12:00 am »

Sure, why not. Which version we playing?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 12:25:00 am »

33g, unless regional prospector is 38a compatible.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 12:31:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by dean w stick:
<STRONG>I'll play. I'm a little more experienced than you two, once an elephant attacked me.    :D

[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: dean w stick ]</STRONG>

I have had it, but it was only one gobbo and the elephant did absolutely nothing afterwards. Like it was bent on killing that one gobbo for crimes against its kind.

Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 12:49:00 am »

Regional prospector should work, unless Toady's changed the embark maps somehow.  My adventurer's probably gonna die in a little bit, do I'll test it out.

Also, what are we gonna do with all the junk statues and the like while we train up masters?  I suppose I could set up a hall with a big statue made out of mason-training stone blocks...

EDIT: Oh, one suggestion:  Get a place with sand and trees, so we can make clear glass windows for the exhibits.

[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 12:52:00 am »

Yeah, you can just dump 'em somewhere or try trading them off to traders. I dunno.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 01:12:00 am »

Heh, you might be able to offload one statue on them before they ca't take any more weight...

Anyways, regional prospector does work with 38a, so it's a go.

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 02:04:00 am »

Regional Prospector works fine.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Alaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 07:26:00 am »

I'd like to join too, though I think we should designate the museum zone right from the start so we won't have it messed with living rooms.
Also, I'm thinking about some waterfalls inside the museum with flooding mechanisms just for kicks. It will be much easier to do, though, if we'll have a river nearby and a single layer reserved for waterworks between each layer of "normal" living/working/display space.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 10:31:00 am »

But with that you run the risk of the vicious u-bend bug, unless you've got a chasm or something to drain into.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 10:39:00 am »

Chasm? Check!
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Alaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 10:49:00 am »

Kagus, in 33g fort I had a few waterfalls working just fine - no u-bending during fall phase, and drainage led right to the pump-tower
code:
 pp_
_pp
pp_
_pp

pp - pump, _ - floor,  - empty space

that drained the water right to the surface and let it flow off-map. The only problem was the powering - water-wheel system that relied upon the drained water itself to create enough power failed compleatly, so I had to use the power of wind.
In 38a I'm having some troubles with the water, though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6