Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Ustosagak Nazush, community fortress AND succession fort  (Read 5846 times)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ustosagak Nazush, community fortress AND succession fort
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2008, 09:03:00 pm »

RandomRandomUK and you put done beside your name when you are done your turn
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2008, 10:13:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DF newb:
<STRONG>RandomRandomUK and you put done beside your name when you are done your turn</STRONG>

okay Q_Q seems like I'm the real newb..

btw Aardvark how's it going? I had a really good idea for the fort.. if you dig channels round a big bit of the ground on the surface.. then remove the upward ramps.. then build a staircase to get up.. then you have a safe wood collecting/surface farming area

You live and learn then you die and forget it all

Obsidian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »

I hope he finishes his turn before the Spore CC comes out, or else mine might get... delayed. xD
Obsidian cancels common sense: Interrupted by insanity
!!carp!!

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Obsidian:
<STRONG>I hope he finishes his turn before the Spore CC comes out, or else mine might get... delayed. xD</STRONG>

lol whereas I hope my turn won't come up on any succession games anytime after Soul Calibur IV is released..

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2008, 05:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Obsidian:
<STRONG>I hope he finishes his turn before the Spore CC comes out, or else mine might get... delayed. xD</STRONG>

I hope I finish my turn before the 17th as well

Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 11:06:00 pm »

What's the state of this thread?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2008, 06:16:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Strife26:
<STRONG>What's the state of this thread?</STRONG>

we're waiting for Aardvark to finish his turn.. I think if he doesn't reply soon we'll skip his turn.. your turn is due in Aardvark's thread btw

Obsidian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2008, 06:47:00 pm »

Dum diddly doo.

*waits impatiently for Aardvark*

!!carp!!

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2008, 07:21:00 pm »

update tommorow. Sorry for the delays, had a couple of exams.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2008, 12:24:00 am »

poor soul.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2008, 05:47:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark:
<STRONG>update tommorow. Sorry for the delays, had a couple of exams.</STRONG>

what kind of exams? I'm doing exams (A levels) atm

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2008, 09:28:00 am »

The Journal of Aardvark

1st Granite
Myfriend RAWR walked up to me today and asked me to take some of his responsebilities here. Of course I said yes.
My first order was to create a new dining area for us (in case the next wave of imigrants will be larger than expected), and to cover the entrance with cave traps so that we can train any new recruits with the comming "voulenteers"

6th Granite
Sparrow felt that we should have a party today... Now that we are so busy? Come on.

16th Granite
Filthy Elves arrived today. I will send RAWR to them and see if there is something worth trading, most likely there won't be anything worth it.

24th Granite
Ngomstuuâ gave birth to puppies. Hopefully they will have her ferociety and loyalty. In the end we might have an army of these dogs.

5th Slate
It has been quiet lately. As expected the Elves had nothing worth buying. I can't wait for them to leave

13th Slate
Our alcohol levels are low. I have taken gone to the still sto brew more wine. I have also ordered the farmers to grow more plump helmets. Soon we will be able to have some good drinks again.

17th Slate
Finaly those rose smelling Elves left. And as they left an army of imigrants started running towards us.

1 Dyer
2 Metalsmith
6 Peasants
2 Clothiers
1 Planter
1 Miller
1 Stoneworker
1 Gem Setter
1 Herbalist
1 Lyemaker
1 Child
1 Farmer
1 Mason
1 Cheese Maker
1 Butcher
1 Calf
1 Donkey
1 Puppy
1 Mule

22 Dwarves and 4 pets. I think we need some more beds, and rooms now.

And I hereby proclaim myself Sherrif Aardvark of Ustosagak Nazush.

12th Felsite
THATS IT. No more partying this year. Noone is doing any work anymore, and I will not stand for it. Besides they are drinking all of the wine that we are producing. When am I to have a drink.

23rd Felsite
The Child Dumed started to scream about some kind of object that needs to be made. The other dwarves has started to call her "Softy" hinting to her being a bit soft in the head.

25th Fesite
Well she just picked up three planks of wood and started working today... I needed that wood for the new beds damnit.
I have also ordered the miners to dig out one of the other towers today, just think of all the obsidian swords we can make after they fall down.

2nd Hematite
"Softy" just made a beatiful Bracelet today. RAWR said it must be worth alot.

Wait a seckonf

21st Hematite
We just caught ourselves a little goblin snatcher. I think I'll want him in my private quarters.

22nd Hematite
Oh no! An ambush. Poor Ber didn't have a chance. Ready the defence.

26th Hematite
I think we got them on the run. We have another prisoner and I managed to kill their leader, a foul goblin lasher. When we get some charcoal I will order the smelting of their equipment. I have taken the goblins shield as a trophy.

27th Malachite
Finaly my quarters are finished. I am also using them as my peronal dining room infront of the goblins and office in case there are anyone who wants to file a complaint.

1st Limestone
Autumn has arrived without any incdents. I have ordered the jail to be built. I am worrying about the lack of any water, but hopefully we won't get any long time prisoners.

12th Limestone
The dwarven caravan has been spotted and I have ordered most of the spoils we have goten from the goblins to be sent to the trade depot.

16th Limestone
A couple of kobold spearmen are trying to attack our fortress, sparrow and I will go out and protect the fortress. I think he will enjoy the practice.

19th Limestone
Another group of kobolds right above our entrance. Thankfully Sparrow and I will have some help from the caravan guards

25th Limestone
Another dwarf is starting to act funny. The Cheese Maker Inod. I wonder what he is going to do.

29th Limestone
Inod has returned with one badass goblin bone amulet. He also told me that he felt working with bone was his true calling now. Probably just trying to get away from military duties.

13th Sandstone
We have bought all that the caravan had. Literaly, items to mention are three whole anvils, a steel plate armour and a nice looking warhammer.

14th Sandstone
The caravan left today.
I asked RAWR to order some charcoal, iron and steel, and lots of alcohol.

These are the items they wanted.

26th Sandstone
I have ordered the metalsmiths to create a solid gold statue to be added in Dresdors garden.

27th Sandstone
MORE MIGRANTS. I hope we can handle this.

Glassmaker
Peasant
Farmer
Weaver
Woodburner
Hunter
Blacksmith
2 kittens

Not nearly as many as last time

1st Timber
It is a sad day today. Oxstrarberut died today fighting of a couple of kobolds. I do not know how it happend, but the will be missed.

23rd Timber
More fighting with the goblins. Two innocents where killed before we got to them. I hope they will rest in peace.

3rd Moonstone
The golden statue is now the centerpiece of Dresdors garden.

18th Moonstone
It is a day for rejoice. The goblin guard who killed our last two fellow dwarves was killed today. Their honor has been restored.

25th Opal
A glassmaker has started to mutter something about a glass furnace. Since we have no such thing I have ordered his door to be locked. No telling what he might do if he doesn't get it.

27th Obsidian
We now have a new marksdwarf in our defence. He will be nice to have in the comming sieges. In other news, I think I will be passing on the title as fortress manager now as I will be fokusing on my post as sherrif here. And hopefully no one will throw me out of m room.

Aardvark

Save Game

Obsidian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2008, 10:34:52 am »

Nice. :)

Save's installed, I'll start my turn now.
!!carp!!

Obsidian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 11:47:42 am »

Diary of McFlibbles

1st of Granite: Dear diary, for some reason Aardvark decided that I should take control of this fortress we have here. I told him he was mad, that I was a miner. He had none of it. Oh well, the place could do with some patching up.

7th of Granite: Today I decided to start finishing up "Operation Undermine" on the south-western goblin tower. More details later. Also, today the glassmaker finally went insane. Can't blame the poor chap, was locked in his room for a while now.

12th of Granite:

Bloody elves. They've come to trade. Oh well, I'll send out RAWR to see what they have.

13th of Granite: ...And they've got nothing, just rope reed cloth and... wood. Aren't the tree-huggers supposed to love their forest? I guess these ones love it enough to sell it off to the highest bidder.

24th of Granite: Today I ordered the whole fortress smoothed. No reason.

12th of Slate: Migrants. Our population is now at 63.

26th of Slate: Today, a chap called Anildakost looked rather... fey. He claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop and started gathering materials. He started working immediately, working furiously.

27th of Slate: Operation Undermine is complete for the southwestern tower.

That's it for now, unfortunately. I'll do some more later.
!!carp!!

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2008, 04:08:48 am »

Inod has returned with one badass goblin bone amulet. He also told me that he felt working with bone was his true calling now. Probably just trying to get away from military duties.

Goblin bone artifacts, that's what this fortress is all about  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5