Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The rise and fall of Mörul Anam (Succession Fort)  (Read 8935 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The rise and fall of Mörul Anam (Succession Fort)
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2008, 10:26:00 am »

Downloaded now, let's hope that it works. . .
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2008, 11:54:00 am »

Strife’s report:

Dairy of Copper, dwarf:
   We’re pretty much doomed I think. First of all, we were lucky enough to have an incompetent leader with a worse one. I was originally hopeful for new leadership. Spring rolled around and we still didn’t have:
Bedrooms for everyone
Beds for everyone
Any type of defensive system
Any mechanisms to make said defensive system
A dining room
A well

Our new leader tried to fix some of the problems. We currently have eight bedrooms. All of the founders got relatively nice nap spots, but the newbies didn’t. Oh well. However, with bedrooms, many worse problems arose. For some strange reason, our leader changed all use of the word ‘dwarf’ to the bizarre word ‘zefie?’ At the same time, our dearest plump helmets became cave peppers?! BLAPHEMY! (!^#(@%$%!! Even worse, I have no way to brew the damned things. I hope that we can last until I can start to grow DWARVEN pig tails and make dwarven ale.
   We got a migration wave; in the middle of it, a jeweler got a crazy mood. He closeted himself in a workshop, and continually demanded attention be taken away from the migrants. We are now up to 30 dwarves. The jeweler took some weird kind of off brand diamond, attached sapphires and made an idol. It’s worth 96,000. More migrants in the future.
   I have also become very close to Salty. I suppose that I’ll have to do my best to keep this place running. I want to have a peaceful life!

My zefie mod seemed to have some lasting effects . . . I changed all of the plant files back to the originals, but no change. We should be okay (two migrants are now plant pickers). I’ve decided to build a moat and two defense towers. Is it alright if RAWR is a sniper? I don’t want to have to devote that many dwarves for sparing training.
Month and a half down. More to come!

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »

What? Incompetent?
I am shocked.

Anyways I hope that the zefie mod you have doesn't make it impossible to continue for others with the vanilla version.

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 04:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Strife26:

Is it alright if RAWR is a sniper? I don’t want to have to devote that many dwarves for sparing training.
Month and a half down. More to come![/QB]

Yeah that's cool, (although he does prefer to bludgeon enemies to death with his shield)

And Aardvark have you managed to get anywhere with Ustosagak Nazush? It's all gone a bit quiet..

[ June 13, 2008: Message edited by: RandomRandomUK ]

You live and learn then you die and forget it all

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RandomRandomUK:
<STRONG>

Yeah that's cool, (although he does prefer to bludgeon enemies to death with his shield)

And Aardvark have you managed to get anywhere with Ustosagak Nazush? It's all gone a bit quiet..

[ June 13, 2008: Message edited by: RandomRandomUK ]</STRONG>

It will be upped tomorrow. Been a bit to busy, but the game is finished.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2008, 05:50:00 am »

By the way Strife you have to give the dwarven caranvan ten weapons. It is by the order of the king.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2008, 11:53:55 pm »

Sorry, I got to the last two months and life interuptd me. I'll finish my year up tomorow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2008, 01:05:17 pm »

I am putting myself up as the leader of year seven

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2008, 10:49:20 am »

Anything happening Strife?

Bump

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2008, 12:49:44 pm »

Strife slams a multipage leather-bound tome in front of the next player. The following is an excerpt. In burnished lead, the cover reads

THE PAGES OF THE PAGES OF AGES
Morul Anam Annals, 1552
Records of supervisor Strife

Abridged Table of Contents:
I OVERALL MISSION STATUS
   A) Introduction
   B) Transcript of Trading
   C) Statistics of Trading
II FORT STATUS
A)   List of Improvements
B)   Works of Art
C)   Defense
a.   Traps
b.   Military
c.   Statistics
III OLD BUSINESS
A)   Statue Garden
B)   Well
C)   Dwarves
IV NEW BUISNESS
   A) Outer Defenses
      a. Wall
      b. Towers
   B) Inner Defenses
      a. Hallway
         1. Traps
         2. Skylight
   C) Arena Improvements
      a. River Capture Zone
      b. Temporary Arena
      c. Fight Record
V SUGESTIONS
   A) Tower Completion
   B) Arena Improvements
   C) Areas to Watch
      a. River Capture Zone
      b. Traffic Jams
      c. Housing
      d. Dining

OVERALL STATUS
   Introduction
   My name is Zefon Relicpelt. I am a mechanic at the Pages of Ages. I was asked by our leader to compile this document. I was fairly busy this past year, so I asked for some help. Any sections that were not written by me are credited at the beginning.

Trading Transcript:
   Arkaim rushed to the trade depot as soon as the traders were spotted. It was quickly discovered that none of the stone goods had been prepared for trading. There were not even any bins assigned to carry them! It was decided that some of Aardvark’s extra weapons would be exchanged for needed goods. Arkaim was about to begin trading with the several bins of weapons that had arrived when he was reminded of the King’s orders.
   TEN WEAPONS SHALL BE DELIVERED FOR NEXT YEAR.
Arkaim told the traders, “Okay, if you guys need armament so badly, we’ll trade you these highly sturdy (but plain) iron picks for some booze. I’ll even throw in a very short copper sword we, uuuhhhh . . . procured. What do you mean? Iron picks are PERFECTALLY ACCEPTABLE WEAPONS! They are clearly under the ‘weapon’ section of the metal forge manual! Do I have to show you?”
   After some tense negotiations, it was agreed that the picks and the very short sword could be traded for the booze, but that they would not count for the weapon production goal. Arkaim was not pleased. However, once the rest of the goods were in, trading commenced.

Statistics:
   Given to the king:
      17 Iron weapons, generally low quality crossbows and battle axes. There were a few that were better, although we reserved the very good weapons for ourselves.
   Traded to the King
      Aprox. 150 high quality bolts.
      Digging tools
      Very short copper sword.
   Goods received:
      Food
      Booze
      Leather
   *Exact records seem to have been lost. I have serious doubts about the record keeping here.*

Improvements Made

•   Dining Hall Constructed
•   Barracks Built
•   Wall and Moat
•   Skylight
•   Long Trapped Hallway
•   Facility to Capture River Creatures for study
•   Housing Facilities for low income Dwarves
•   Additional Workshop Space
•   Additional Farming Areas

Artifacts
•   Tattoedwind the Morose Enchanters, Yellow Zircon Mug (96,000)
•   Savageriddled, Magnetite Mug (38,400)
•   Sisterblinds the Ravager of Twisting, Bauxite Idol (18,000)

Dwarves
<The pages are covered with what seems to be root beer.>
*The statistics for our dwarves were spilled on. I fortunately made copies, they are in the volume, Personalities and Skills of the Pages of Ages*

The Statue Garden had several coffins and many statues added to it. It was also smoothed entirely. The founder tombs were assigned as well. The layout of the garden was done weirdly (I wasn’t sure how the layout was intended). For reasons unknown. Dresdor built a rock throne. She ordered a peasant to move it into the garden and is calling part of it her ‘office.’

A room was dug for the well. It was decided to build it out of lead. The mechanism was to be bauxite. However, it was suspended due to fear of lizardmen climbing up the rope.

I’m going to paraphrase the rest. I built a wall with a moat to protect the fortress. I constructed two, three level towers for marks dwarves. They are only assessable from the barracks. They are constructed from Ryolite. The fortifications are bauxite. The roof is made of Cobalt.
*I ran out of the blue cobalt rock!  I ordered move from the liaison. Whoever is next, I’d appreciate it if you could finish my towers for me.

I used to 3 wide entrance hallway for traps. I used constructed walls to make it even longer on the outside. I have 3 ranks of stone, followed by 5 cages. Then a few more stone traps. It ends with 9 (!) ranks of cage traps.
I also dug a skylight so dwarves don’t chill in the line of fire when they are told to stay inside.

I dug a winding hallway, filled it with more cage traps. I connected one end to the cave riverbank via stairs. In one month, I caught two (now dead) lizardmen. One currently living lizardman. One frogman. It could also be used for training soldier, just station them by the stairs.

I built a rough arena for battles. I was originally going to have RAWR (I ended up making him melee anyway) kill the two lizardmen, but he went to take a nap. The other wrestler was given a silver sword. Zan went and stood by the cages. He had only a sword and a shield (I don’t know why, but he won’t wear any armor! Rawr just refuses to wear the plate mail) Just as the mechanic was pulling the lever, Zan fell asleep. The lizard eventually roused him from slumber and he killed them.

Two small ambushes, one killed by merchant crossbows. One by my stonefall traps.
Also, Hfran’s cat jumped three z-levels to escape the gobos. It landed in a tree by the Cliffside. I had to dig it out, but it was fine. In the second ambush, one of Hfran’s cats and two war dogs were killed. I’d recommend that traps be added to the outer defense wall. I didn’t mention it in the writing, but I was in the process of making it a three wide path ALL the way into the fort.

I’m trying to upload the save. As per usual, it’s not really working. I’ll keep trying though.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2008, 01:10:06 pm »

Oooh, is the moat made out of magma?
Anyways try http://www.filefactory.com

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2008, 01:20:29 pm »

No, it's actually a ditch. That can be a project for later I guess.

I don't know how to upload the 'region7' folder itself, when I click on it, it opens said folder up. HELP!!

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2008, 01:39:54 pm »

Make a .rar file if you have winrar. The easiest way is to right click it and press the add to region7.rar

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2008, 03:24:27 pm »

nice work, seems like you've made a lot of progress ^_^
You live and learn then you die and forget it all

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2008, 10:31:48 am »

Strife. Do you have winrar or winzip?
If so you can compress the folder into a single file by right clicking the folder and choosing the add to "foldername".zip or .rar
Let us just continue this game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5