Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Glovebreakfast, the spiritual successor to Boatmurdered  (Read 14888 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Glovebreakfast, the spiritual successor to Boatmurdered
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2008, 02:40:00 am »

Put up pictures. Oh and there isn't actually a 'revolution' going on, i was just trying to make the story more interesting  . Here is the save file for Tarx

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=189

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: A_Fey_Dwarf ]

Tarx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

well i see i have my work cut out for me, i may just have to make a statue myself, i already have one thought out... it's a secret though.

Note: My writing may or may not be terrible, i have not done this sort of thing in a long time. i shall look around and see what i can do in the fort, and i'll try to get many pictures.

EDIT: Holy crap this fort is confusing, there's beds just lying around, a gorilla sitting on the top of the monument... what the hell went on that didn't make it into the journals?!

[ May 27, 2008: Message edited by: Tarx ]

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2008, 11:16:00 pm »

Oh... Sorry.
Btw the front drawbridges are controlled with the levers near the ballistia. Left is inner, Right is outer.

The bedrooms are off to the right side. The workshops are spread out everywhere. The tombs are on the bottom floor. Um what have I forgotten to mention.

Tarx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »

That the right lever wasn't hooked up? i didn't realize it until a siege. no casualties other than two dogs. i forget what i was going to do, i was very very tired last night, there won't be many pictures, if any.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2008, 10:50:00 am »

I'm loving this story ^^.
"I hope it doesn't go to my head". Classic  :D
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Tarx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2008, 03:21:00 pm »

1st Granite, 1055, Early Spring.

The Insane ruler is dead, it is now my first day as leader, we drew straws.
the condition he left this fortress in is absurd, the crazy bastard built a huge "monument" to himself in the courtyard and the word "hideous" doesn't even describe it.

11th Granite, 1055, Early Spring

While walking along the parapet, i noticed something out of the corner of my eye... something terrible heading for the fortress, out there, in the distance, were elves. seven of them with donkeys burdened with so much crap, it seemed like their poor little legs were going to snap.

Just my damn luck, some goblins decided it was a good time to attack the fort, as they crept closer, i noticed they're all wielding swords, it wasn't so bad after all! i told the engineers to man the catapults but they ran in fear, even though a moat and fortifications are in between them and the goblins. I stationed some marksdwarves on the parapet above and told them to fire at will... all three of them. they shot, and killed the goblin commander along with a few others. five goblins in total have been killed, they were all equipped with a mix of iron, leather and steel armor that will be put to use or melted down.

P.S. the elves had crap for stuff as usual.

3rd Slate, 1055, Mid-Spring

There is little to no wood in the stockpile that i know of, i ordered a section of forest to be cut.
Nothing else of interest

11th Slate, 1055, Mid-Spring

Migrants have arrived, they include:
1 animal caretaker
2 brewers (one came with a mule)
1 soaper
1 carpenter
6 peasants
1 mason/engraver
1 thresher
1 dyer
2 metalsmiths
2 children
1 fisherdwarf
2 mechanics
1 gem cutter/setter
1 woodcrafter
most have been drafted.
23 in all, total population up to 111.

Three new squads of five, all to train as marksdwarves.

20th Felsite, Late Spring

Dumed Lancepresent, a bone carver, has withdrawn from society and claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop, promptly ran out and collected two turtle shells. afterwards she started drawing pictures, quite the artist.
Her pictures are of three turtle shells, raw gems, stone blocks, shining metal bars, stack of cloth, shining metal bars (x2)

I'm getting sick of these dwarves, i now understand why the last ruler went insane.

1st Hematite, 1055, Early Summer

Summer has arrived. finally. the crazy dwarf is still in the workshop, we have everything she wants but she must be too stupid to go and get them.

==============================================================================

eh, this is taking longer than i thought, it took way too long to find the mechanic's shop, among others.

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Tarx ]

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2008, 11:11:00 pm »

Here is a link to what Glovebreakfast looks like after my rule. http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-2802

Tarx if you want to know where something is just ask and Ill be happy to help by posting a point of interest on the map.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2008, 01:30:00 pm »

Ugh it's hideous!!

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »

You are aware invaders can come from any edge of the map, right? The northern wall is a bit short... Of course, the raising of the northern wall would require the rest of the walls be taller... but still...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2008, 11:16:00 pm »

Yeah that did cross my mind. But I decided to leave at as it is for three reasons.
1) It isn't really with-in shooting distance of the main area
2) It looks nice as it is.
3) There should be a risk involved in the defense of any boatmurdered inspired successor.

The real reason was that I wanted to complete my monument, but we are all selfish in some ways. Aren't we?

Tarx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2008, 11:48:00 am »

i haven't had a chance to work on the fort for two days in a row, some stuff has gotten in the way. if this keeps up, I'll have to end my turn early or something.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2008, 06:49:00 pm »

I would like to join up if it is possible. I have been playing DF for a while now and this comunity game sounds fu. I have also read Boatsmurder.

Mido

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2008, 08:36:00 pm »

Applications are temporarily closed until we get through the current list of people. If I start adding to the list now, those people will have forgotten about the thread by the time their turn comes around.
You see a green wiggly

Tarx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »

Would anyone mind if i ended my turn early?

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2008, 10:26:00 pm »

Whats the problem?

If you do end early should we use your save file? Or just forget you every had a turn and revert to the end of my turn.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9