Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 58621 times)

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Stories
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »

Thanks.

I hate to complain, but the description is wrong.  Kuli is only a minor character, and the real story is the political struggle between Aryn and Johnny and also the evil plans of the demon Olsmo.  Also you misspelled Zefon.

"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kuli:
<STRONG>Thanks.

I hate to complain, but the description is wrong.  Kuli is only a minor character, and the real story is the political struggle between Aryn and Johnny and also the evil plans of the demon Olsmo.  Also you misspelled Zefon.</STRONG>

On the Contrary, a good number of posts have been dedicated to Kuli and other adventurers from Misrursut. More than enough to loft them to secondary character status. With the recent change of the story name (indicating a chapter change) it's quite clear we will see far more of Kuli.

Notice, like Nist Ankath I've given Misrursut two entries. I also fixed the spelling errors. (i make a lot of those)

I didn't mention the name of the demon because that is a serious spoiler.

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »

I demand an entry for the woodsman
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 05:57:00 pm »

Um, Kuli was correct in saying that the synopsis is wrong, the posts of Kuli's adventure is a prequel added in by Kuli, not by Heavy Flak, and while HF seems to be comfortable with it being canon, it isn't what the story is about.  Aryn and Johnny are definitely the main characters of the central plot line, Kuli is a subplot that has been fleshed out.

edit :oh and its been misspelled twice now, Migrursut is correct.

[ May 15, 2008: Message edited by: Vactor ]

Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 08:50:00 pm »

The adventure mode story is just a way to flesh out Kuli's background and is not really part of the main story of Migrursut.  I'm glad (and a little surprised) that people like it so much, but ultimately it's the stuff that Heavy Flak writes that matters.  I don't want to steal any of the attention his story deserves.
"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »

The Battle of the Gods II added. Yes I know it's shameless self-promotion. I don't care a whole lot.

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 02:31:00 pm »

I like it.  Sure wish threads could be stickied...

Since they can't, I'll put it in my sig and recommend to you to either edit the wiki to link to it, or ask someone else to do it (I can if you want).

I participated in a couple of succession games, both of which died too young to be epic, but that of Axefather, IMO, deserves inclusion in a "stories of the second rank" section.  Unworthy to be in the same section as Boatmurdered, yet it has a charm all its own.

Quote from: Nekose
If there's one thing I can't stand is when honest good people die and stupid idiots continue to live. I've decided to lead a charge to kill the the last remaining ogre. I'm sure I can probably run faster then the rest of these morons, and I figure whether they win or lose I still win."

This is the other game - the tale of Palath-halir (Diamondlucid) - not really list-worthy (IMO) because it ended so quickly, but worth a posting in the thread.

Quote from: Arkan15
I had some of my fellow miners mining up the Magma stream, looking for more Iron.

They reported hearing strange noises- clawing, scrabbling, from across the stream, as though something was imprisoned across it- and is trying to get out...

I deny these rumors. There are certainly ancient stories of a mountain much like this which imprisons a demon beyond a wall of metal it cannot bear to touch, awaiting the day a foolish mortal mines it from greed and releases it to destroy the world- but it is merely a foolish superstition! I am tempted to cross the magma now and show how foolish they are, but... I cannot, as we do not have the proper materials to bridge it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 03:38:11 pm by Fedor »
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 06:50:00 pm »

Mostly because I'm a forum whore I'll be bumping this. I refuse to let a list of good stories die without being told!

If *you* think you found a Legendary Story, post it up and we will let the people's voices be heard!

Hm.. perhaps I should start reviewing stories to keep this thread alive and active...  :o

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 03:56:00 am »

Hey, I'm doing my part!

*points to sig*

Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »

I rather enjoyed Isingar: The Grass Destroyer. Thread
I don't know if I'd call the story itself legendary (though it is quite entertaining), but the construction certainly deserves that status.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 05:34:00 pm »

Updated with Isingar. While the story could be a bit longer, it's still fairly interesting. Plus the tower was very awesome.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 08:36:00 pm »

Random Page 2 Bump! Perhaps after the *MOVE* Toady will sticker this one?   :o

Edit: Jami forgot a word again. -.-

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 08:51:00 am »

quote:
Perhaps after the Toady will sticker this one?  

Unfortunately this forum doesn't support stickies

MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 12:35:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Krash:
<STRONG>

Unfortunately this forum doesn't support stickies</STRONG>

I am aware, notice how I said before "After the Toady will sticky this one?   :o" I intended to put forum move in there. That post is now fixed.

[ June 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Rollory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 08:58:35 pm »

If Copperblazes is listed, I think Orbinches also belongs:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-1280-vabokmeborbinchesfinal

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14