Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Story] Zaneg Thazor; Armok in dwarf form  (Read 9882 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Story] Zaneg Thazor; Armok in dwarf form
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »

One of my original 7 dwarves, Zaneg Tinothcilob, had run unopposed as mayor and Captain of the Dwarves for 3 years. He was max stat champion/legendary axe-man and legendary wrestler, high master shield and armor user.

My fort was thriving. I had 147 dwarves, lots of food, great defences, the works.

Now, Zaneg liked his barrels. He liked them so much, that he decided that the great fort of “Leadmines” of which he was mayor should not export them. Ever.

He would constantly ask for barrels, then deny their exportation. Barrels were everywhere: I had booze piles in every major hallway, and there were two 200+ sized un-processed plant and meat barrel piles, as well as a 600+ prepared food barrel stockpile and countless raw food barrels lying next to the kitchens.

Every barrel, food and drink stockpile was always overflowing. When I tried to sell half of it all away to the humans, and Zaneg would not end his mandate, I decided to ignore him (what's the worst that could happen?) and sold nearly half of my dwarve’s food, in return for a few wagon loads of exotic animals, leather, cloth, and metal.

Then Zaneg decides that someone needs a beating for ignoring his mandate. So he wanders off and breaks the potash-maker’s leg and arm (for not making any lead items, it said in the justice page).

Then 5 more workers were labeled felons for injuring him. Then 10 more. Then 20 more. Somehow, within 2 seasons, Zaneg Thazor, the only always-active guard, had sentenced nearly 60 people to beatings, and he had already killed 8. Many others were crippled for life or severely hurt. After he killed one a carpenter (and a damn good one) he was labeled as a murderer, and sentenced to a beating. Any other guard to tried to dispense dwarven justice upon him was quickly beaten into a meaty pulp, maimed into paralysis, or beheaded.

I decided to see what he was wearing, and he was apparently in possession of my fort’s best armour: a full suit of high quality leather armour that I had imported beneath a full suit of high quality steel plate armour. For a short time I saw him carrying an axe (the three felons he visited during this time were cut into at least three pieces), but for some reason he switched back to his bare hands after a short time (maybe he thought it was more sportsmanlike).

He was literally sprinting between criminals, and the only thing I ever saw him deviate from beating people to do was drink booze. Every 2 or 3 beatings he needed some booze. In a season of solid beatings and drinking, I never once saw him eat or sleep. Maybe he took secret power-naps and ate energy bars on the go, but I definitely never saw him do either.

I kept trying to calm him down or hope he would stop, but to no avail. He killed (among others) a legendary miner, a legendary stone and wood craftstdwarf, a very good armorer/weaponsmith, and one of the fort's only skilled mechanics.

He had killed many important legendary or rare-skilled dwarves.

So I decided he had to die.

I sent a felon into the goblin pit (which was empty) and waited for "Zaneg Tinothcilob Lolokvozbel Thazor" to chase after him.  After killing three other felons, he targeted the decoy and ran into the pit, which is when I locked the door and retracted a small draw-bridge, so he could not get out in any way. After killing the decoy, he sat there getting angry because he could not punish the 40 felons or whatever on the waiting list to be beaten. I counted the list of people he hadn't beaten yet, it was 30. He had already beat 29. This means he had beaten almost a quarter of my fortress (146 dwarves), and 12 had died because of him.

I constructed a hallway of spikes at the pit exit, so he would die if he somehow escaped (I wasn’t taking any chances).

“Fortunately”, outside my base, 7 ambushes occurred, and my numerous cage traps caught about 25 goblins, including spear-goblins, axe-goblins, bow-goblins, and more.

I waited until they were all around the pit's "creature chute" that I dump stuff into, then tossed them all simultaneously into he pit. Half of them ran as far away as they could from the demented and utterly insane Zaneg, who was beheading goblins left and right with his bare hands.

After killing 15 goblins, he had bruised his second right finger and cut his leg. He wasn't even winded.

After being locked up for so long, starving and dehydrated, without decent sleep (the goblins ran from him while he slept) or being able to punish a criminal, he went berserk.

Just for the hell of it, I tossed in the last 10 goblins, 2 cougars, and I put my archers behind the fortifications looking in to the pit. All I could see was a cloud of miasma with bolts flying in, and random limbs and bodies flying out.

One goblin jumped off of the platform (the killing pit was separated from the fortifications), perhaps to try and escape, and was smashed by a stonefall trap.

After the miasma cleared, I saw 2 dead cougars, blood and vomit everywhere, and a layer of goblin limbs. In the middle of the pit was Mr. Thazor, punching away crossbow bolts like nobody’s business.

I decided that that was enough. I lowered the bridge, opened the door, and let him run straight at my 4 champion axe-lords, 20 axe-men, and 15 crossbow-dwarves.

My entire army surrounded him, hacking and slashing at his body, while marks-dwarves shot wildly into the mob. After being impaled by 3 bolts, and surrounded by steel-axe and steel-plate-armor equipped soldiers, he still managed to kill 4 axe-men and a random passerby before finally collapsing. His final injuries were: severed left g, half of his fingers and remaining toes were also missing, and every non-mangled body part was broken.

Out of respect for the best soldier that ever lived, I am giving him a tomb better than the king's. Deep, deep underground, down a long, broad hallway lined with very high quality marble and gold statues that ends with 2 iron doors leads into a massive iron room (about forty by fifty, that’s a guess). Inside this room are rows of pillars, which are surrounded by iron and gold weapon racks and armor stands. In the center of this large room is another room (five by six or something), with iron doors and many iron and gold statues beside the doors. Inside, next to a masterpiece silver statue, is a silver sarcophagi, where Zaneg Thazor rests.

Hail Zaneg Tinothcilob Lolokvozbel Thazor, Armok reincarnate!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:40:15 am by Slappy Moose »
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Norrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Story] Zaneg Thazor; Armok in dwarf form
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:06:00 pm »

Ye gods...That guy is insane! Did you elect an undead elephant for mayor?!

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:19:00 pm »

nah just a carp that could breathe out of water.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 04:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by thatguyyaknow:
<STRONG>nah just a carp that could breathe out of water.</STRONG>

In my fort, that isn't entirely impossible. I have had a carp get named for killing enough of my dwarves.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Norrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 04:44:00 pm »

Zombie carps can and will get out of the water and walk. Scary, eh?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

I can easily see a dwarf punching arrows out of midair.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »

makes me invision the matrix moves in my head but with a awesomely short swarf in neos place

*day-dreams some more in his boredom*

kamikazemoose

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 06:21:00 am »

Wow! that's awesome!
Somehow all my best soldiers tend to die to a stray bolt or arrow piercing several lungs and hearts and whatever.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 10:49:00 am »

How many hearts do your soldiers have?
Shoes...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 11:12:00 am »

pffftt

Ironblood would have teabagged him to death

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 09:51:57 am »

I think you must have missed him picking up a high-quality barrel and beating his abusive father to death with it when he arrived as an immigrant. It's the only reason I can think of why he would go so insane at the idea of losing any of his precious barrels.

Either that or he somehow played Donkey Kong way, way too much.

Seriously, though, he was completely immune to archers? He killed dozens upon dozens of goblins? If only he hadn't been crazy...
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 12:06:21 am »

Sorry for the bump  :-\

Seriously, though, he was completely immune to archers? He killed dozens upon dozens of goblins? If only he hadn't been crazy...
No, he was just super tough, and he was wearing some of my fort's best armour. Also, I think he punched a few out of the air because I would see bolts on the ground around him.

I was pretty scared for a while, because he was just shredding everything I threw at him.

My backup plan, if he killed my army, was to wall him into a section of the fort and then use that as the new colosseum.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 01:56:10 pm »

You should have just kept him as your resident gladiator. Thrown in some of his precious booze and food barrels every once in a while to keep him alive. Throw in about 50 gobs.

Grab some popcorn, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 03:49:39 am »

Why didn't Zaneg Thanzor get killed by the hallway of spikes?.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 04:12:13 am »

Technically, that is a Dwarf in Armok form.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.
Pages: [1] 2 3